⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you gotta do is put their list of accomplishments and stats side by side and it's pretty clear who the better player is. Not my fault your coke head countryman ended his career early falling in love with yayo.

do you think the difference in talent per eras is greater in football than say the NFL or basketball?

cuz I watch some highlights from like the 50s and I'm pretty sure I could be the greatest footballer alive if I played back then

While I agree.. you got dudes like George Best who looked like they would still be world beaters today. I think the counter argument is these dudes were performing at a high level with out being pampered (poor pitches, balls, rough tackles, etc) and most of them were drinkers, etc.

All you gotta do is put their list of accomplishments and stats side by side and it's pretty clear who the better player is. Not my fault your coke head countryman ended his career early falling in love with yayo.

Apples to Oranges. The football world was completely different in the 80's. Talent was more spread out and players didn't switch leagues that often. Just taking a look at the list of European Cup winners from 1980 to 1990 shows how there was much more parity back then. Knowing you though, you probably won't because if it doesn't involve your beloved Ronaldo you don't give a ****.

Now **** off and shave those palms. At this point, they're probably too hairy to hide.

RM sign Eidiur Gudjohnsen’s two sons to their youth academy

Not sure if they’re any good but I’m on board with La Masia continuing to get trolled and also because the possibility of one day owning a RM shirt that says Good Johnson is kind of funny

Excited to watch my favorite Spain. The only team that impressed me with their performance so far. Played the best opening match footy even if it ended in a draw.

do you think the difference in talent per eras is greater in football than say the NFL or basketball?

cuz I watch some highlights from like the 50s and I'm pretty sure I could be the greatest footballer alive if I played back then

I've felt the same way when watching old school basketball highlights. The likes of Wilt and Russell were dominating unathletic,mailman looking dudes more often than other elite athletes. :lol:

Seeing footage of Bob Cousy doing some of the most basic dribbles imaginable and blowing past dudes like nothing def made me look at that era a little differently

Excited to watch my favorite Spain. The only team that impressed me with their performance so far. Played the best opening match footy even if it ended in a draw.
agreed. they played amazing but shot themselves in the foot. they had 3 defensive errors which led directly to the 3 goals

easily the most attractive football that we've seen this wc

Vazquez gets the start. Thought Spain could have used a little bit of a different dynamic last match instead of overloading with CMs

tn2-putyinhe.jpg

Football is different tho, if you watch old footage of Pele, Di Stefano, and Puskas you'll see that those dudes had the sauce.

I feel the same for the most part,those dudes were dominating playing with those old heavy *** leather balls,wool sweaters and just trash equipment overall. They'd be wreaking havoc with today's advancements :lol:

The sport hasn't really changed much rules wise either

I feel the same for the most part,those dudes were dominating playing with those old heavy *** leather balls and cotton sweaters. They'd be wreaking havoc with today's advancements :lol:

The sport hasn't really changed much rules wise either

Yessir. Look up footage of Garrincha in 1958 World Cup and thank me later :sick:

rolaholic rolaholic @rck3sactown football is different tho, if you watch old footage of Pele, Di Stefano, or Puskas you'll see that those dudes had the sauce.

On top of that, dudes were getting mauled out there by defenders and didn't have the advanced sports medicine/doctors/trainers that athletes have today. The @%#% they had to fight through to get a goal was ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom