⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pool.fans are something else lol

The REAL question is how is that a red to begin with. It's a soccer play, a legitimate play. If the keeper gets hurt then it's his dumb *** fault.

This is why soccer encourages divers and floppers. We got a bunch of Ginobilis in here. Smh.

These the same type of people to argue against penalty calls after a dive. :lol:
This. Both players went after the ball. Both went after the ball and put themselves in dangerous positions. Ederson ran out of the Box. It was his defenders fault for putting him in that position. No way that should've been a red when Mane clearly had his eye on the ball. The refs bailed them out.

We really blaming the dude who got kicked in the face now :lol: aight y'all got it
You're only chatting **** cause it benefited y'all. If the shoe were on the other foot, you wouldn't be saying all of that. Only reason why you're getting cosigned for this foolishness is Jape is still salty we didn't sell Coutinho and we popped shots at Barcelona. @chickenmadras was out here trolling, so some of these cats who fell off the turnip truck believe we cosign everything single thing he said and United Stands have an obsession with us.

We can blame an attacker but not the keeper? Both had eyes for the ball, both making soccer plays.

It's a YELLOW.

These premier league refs are some Tim Donaghy ****.
It's a fact. Dude made a decision that completely changed the game. Mans should be reffing the championship and nothing else.

Last edited:
I'm still sick at this decision :smh:

IMG_0237.GIF

The first thing that came to mind when Mane got sent off. Still salty at that decision. Smh

Should have been a yellow. Replay clearly shows he had his eye up on the ball as it was descending.

Anyone who plays footy knows that when you look up at the ball as it's coming down, you lose positional awareness. Been in that situation countless times

We all have, but have you not gotten carded for it? I jumped for a ball this past week at my game and a dude under cut me and i was running full steam I didn't see him until contact i got a yellow. For something more dangerous if i put my boot up to get the ball...i could see a red.
The point of the red is to discourage dangerous plays which this was. To be honest i could see a yellow or a red here but i wouldn't disagree with either.

Surprised people have clear stances on what this should or shouldn't be.

I honestly think Mane deserved a red. However, I saw the same leg kick in the Burnley/Palace yesterday and that only merited a yellow card from the ref.

Inconsistent reffing.

RM making needed moves in China, a market EPL teams are stronger in:

Real Madrid's presence will be felt at China's largest theme park
  • Pablo Polo
  • Adapted by Padraig Whelan
11/09/2017 16:17 CESTReal MadridIt is to be opened in 2021
15051340897606.jpg

On Monday at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, Real Madrid presented an agreement with the Lai Sun Group which will allow them to play a part in one of China's most important theme parks.

In attendance at the event were the club's director of institutional relations Emilio Butragueno, general director Jose Angel Sanchez, ex-players Raul and Roberto Carlos and Lai Sun Group president Peter Lam along with Novotown Project director John Tse and other businessmen.

15051339298252.jpg

"We always want to share the feeling of belonging to this club. We're happy because this agreement will bring us closer to a great country like China, where we have had a big emotional bond for some time," said Butragueno.

"We are grateful to the Lai Sun Group because this agreement makes it possible for Real Madrid to be even closer to our fans in China, a country that we all have in our hearts."

15051339302176.jpg

Among the things planned for Novotown as part of an interactive fan experience are a Real Madrid museum, an official club shop and a restaurant area which will cover 12,000 square metres.

15051339301461.jpg

----------------------------
Something interesting to note is that Jose Angel Sanchez is a former marketing executive of Sega, and this move is one I'd think has his fingerprints on it. Even as an old-timer, Flo recognized the importance of technology to stay ahead and connected to the world, which is why he appointed Sanchez as one of his top staff members way back in 2000.

Last edited:
Costliest squads
Club
Country Cost (euros)
All figures from CIES Football Observatory
Manchester City England 853
Paris St-Germain France 850
Manchester United England 784
Chelsea England 644
Barcelona Spain 628
Real Madrid Spain 497
Juventus Italy 470
Liverpool England 437
Arsenal England 416
Tottenham England 361
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/41223990

Lewa must be like "See!"

dudes still arguing the call on Mane?
i thought it was a red for a few reasons...the kick seemed high, the speed of the play and the seeing the keepers face.
no way dude doesnt call that a red right then and there.

This. Both players went after the ball. Both went after the ball and put themselves in dangerous positions. Ederson ran out of the Box. It was his defenders fault for putting him in that position. No way that should've been a red when Mane clearly had his eye on the ball. The refs bailed them out.

You're only chatting **** cause it benefited y'all. If the shoe were on the other foot, you wouldn't be saying all of that. Only reason why you're getting cosigned for this foolishness is Jape is still salty we didn't sell Coutinho and we popped shots at Barcelona.

I'm not even gonna address the Jape consigning thing cause I don't know what that has to do with anything.

But Dude I'm seriously not even chatting **** I haven't **** on Liverpool or pretended like the red card didn't affect the outcome. I acknowledged that it did and that of the game would have been much different if it was still 11 v 11. All I've been talking about is why that play was a red card and given reasons and even cited rules before explaining why the ref interpreted it the way it did and why it was a seen as a red. And if the shoe was on the other foot in this situation I've already said I would expect Ederson to be sent off for doing a similar thing and he should be IF it was the other way around. I gave reasons once again based on the rules why Ederson would've been sent off if the situation was reversed and I would've had no qualms about it if he did. Because this isn't even about City or Liverpool I've just been talking about refs interpreting dangerous play that put the opponent at risk. If a city player did that yes I would've expected them to get sent off and I would've just taken the L on it because I would accept they should've been more careful

lmao @ me calling it a red because of coutinho.
that's just stupid. yall liverpool cats really showing your feelings right now.

looks like yall are taking uniteds spot as most delusional fans this season.

The REAL question is how is that a red to begin with. It's a soccer play, a legitimate play. If the keeper gets hurt then it's his dumb *** fault.

This is why soccer encourages divers and floppers. We got a bunch of Ginobilis in here. Smh.

These the same type of people to argue against penalty calls after a dive. :lol:

and this is a soccer "player" thinking he can impress his opinion on the next dude.

We all have, but have you not gotten carded for it? I jumped for a ball this past week at my game and a dude under cut me and i was running full steam I didn't see him until contact i got a yellow. For something more dangerous if i put my boot up to get the ball...i could see a red.
The point of the red is to discourage dangerous plays which this was. To be honest i could see a yellow or a red here but i wouldn't disagree with either.

Surprised people have clear stances on what this should or shouldn't be.

it was a well deserved red

FIFA has a law book that will provide you with the answer to this situation. There is only one correct misconduct for this type of tackle, and that is a red card. This is 100% a red card... and anyone that talks about where the player's eyes are... whether or not he's watching the ball, or the position of the opponent, is only talking because they've played and they're rationalizing the contact in their head. It was an accident. It appeared unintentional. It looked like he was playing the ball. ALL OF THOSE STATEMENTS ARE CORRECT. But misconduct is not judged by any of these things.

Directly from Law 12:
SERIOUS FOUL PLAY
A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Nothing in that does it talk about intent... nor does it talk about where the player's eyes are in relation to the ball. This foul, and all high feet to the head, should be punished as a red card. There is no place in the game for those types of challenges.

lmao @ me calling it a red because of coutinho.
that's just stupid. yall liverpool cats really showing your feelings right now.

looks like yall are taking uniteds spot as most delusional fans this season.

giphy.gif

and this is a soccer "player" thinking he can impress his opinion on the next dude.

FIFA has a law book that will provide you with the answer to this situation. There is only one correct misconduct for this type of tackle, and that is a red card. This is 100% a red card... and anyone that talks about where the player's eyes are... whether or not he's watching the ball, or the position of the opponent, is only talking because they've played and they're rationalizing the contact in their head. It was an accident. It appeared unintentional. It looked like he was playing the ball. ALL OF THOSE STATEMENTS ARE CORRECT. But misconduct is not judged by any of these things.

Directly from Law 12:
SERIOUS FOUL PLAY
A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Nothing in that does it talk about intent... nor does it talk about where the player's eyes are in relation to the ball. This foul, and all high feet to the head, should be punished as a red card. There is no place in the game for those types of challenges.
The same exact scenario took place in another game and the attacker was awarded a yellow. That along with many other instances have shown that it is up to the discretion of the referee.

Directly from Law 12:
SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

you can literally spell it out for them but it wont matter
chicken feet got these dudes feeling some type of way

giphy.gif

The same exact scenario took place in another game and the attacker was awarded a yellow. That along with many other instances have shown that it is up to the discretion of the referee.

Which is the human element of reffing. That doesn't change what the law says. If the referee sees a player's foot high into the opponent's face, he has the right to show a red card... and the Laws of the Game protect that decision. The question is whether or not the player played in a dangerous manner... or did he endanger the safety of his opponent. If a foot the face isn't considered "endangering the safety of an opponent," then I don't know how else I can describe the laws to make them more clear.

Which is the human element of reffing. That doesn't change what the law says. If the referee sees a player's foot high into the opponent's face, he has the right to show a red card... and the Laws of the Game protect that decision. The question is whether or not the player played in a dangerous manner... or did he endanger the safety of his opponent. If a foot the face isn't considered "endangering the safety of an opponent," then I don't know how else I can describe the laws to make them more clear.

stop making so much sense. some of these people wont know what to do with themselves

that was a red card all day

man up and accept it... go cry with your boy, chicken fingers
giphy.gif
Ok tough guy. Keep that same energy...

you can literally spell it out for them but it wont matter
chicken feet got these dudes feeling some type of way
Mans was told that Coutinho wasn't going to be sold to them and was sitting in here trying to rationalize as to why we should sell him to them despite being told no numerous times, but wants to tell us we need something spelled out to us :lol: ole pot calling kettle black

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom