Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpools gk semi food
6FFA7F87-9741-4CD6-ACBD-9FDC6018AF64.gif

I wonder if the people who swore sarri didn’t know what he was doing “playing him out of position” see lampard is playing him in the same role and position while finally shut up about that
Early last season it was weird, but I think toward the end of the season people started to see it differently. I think Kante just needed time to adjust. But Sarri was definitely a visionary.

I wonder if the people who swore sarri didn’t know what he was doing “playing him out of position” see lampard is playing him in the same role and position while finally shut up about that

I hope so, it got very annoying at the end of last season. Funny enough Jorginho is out here pulling the strings and I'm not seeing the "he only passes backwards and sideways" comments anymore.

Early last season it was weird, but I think toward the end of the season people started to see it differently. I think Kante just needed time to adjust. But Sarri was definitely a visionary.

I agree. I just think people had a tendency to underrate or not consider Kante’s overall ability as a center mid because his defensive ability stands out so much but he’s always been capable of being a very good box to box CM minus the goals and assists. And it’s lowkey how he’s always played. I don’t know why it seemed like people just forgot Kante largely had played in a midfield 2 at Leicester and Chelsea prior to Sarri showing up and in a midfield two there is no number 6 so he’s never really been a pure CDM. Kante had always been a number 8 with standout defensive qualities so I don’t know why people got so mad at sarri cause he decided to continue to play Kante in the same position but a midfield 3 instead of a 2. I’m not a Chelsea fan but that whole thing last year really bothered me cause it was just a clear lack of understanding of positional play and play style from people who just wanted to blame sarri for all Chelsea’s problems last season. The only change sarri made to Kantes game was giving him a more attacking responsibility on top of what he always does

Last edited:
The Kante position talk has been there but either way he’s a blessing to have. Lamps used 4231 at Derby and this is a 433. We’ll see what he sticks with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom