⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol typical United. Knew once we went up we would give up a silly equalizer. Tbf felt like that was two points drop. United has plenty of chances and looked the most likely to score but that means absolutely nothing. Injuries/illnesses haven’t done us any favors but neither has relying on rashford as our only striker. Worst start in premier league history.. great stuff really

That definitely was two points drop. They were there for the taking, worst Arsenal side to come to OT since 8-2. Axel will be kicking himself for gifting them that goal.

The worrying thing about Emery is that he looks just as tactically lost as Ole despite having the better CV.
He's supposed to be the better tactician but he looks utterly clueless and keeps making the same mistakes.

He was a coward today setting the team up so negatively and coming to OT for a point despite this being one of the worst United teams in years. And despite being negative, he still can't get the balance right. What is Lucas doing playing as a 10? What is Xhaka doing being at the base of the MF despite not having the legs to perform the job? Why are you not playing to Pepe's strengths?

Even with 3 DM's we struggled to keep possession and have control within the game. That's a sign that he isn't getting the structure right. Thank God for Auba bailing us out or we'd be bottom like United. We can't keep relying on instances of individual brilliance. We need to see some free flowing team football out there. And Emery is not doing that for us right now.

It's a mess right now and it hasn't been right all season. He has until the end of the season. If we aren't in the top4 than he has to go. Let him go back to Spain and manage Real Betis and get slapped 3 or 4 nil by Barca and Madrid.

Unai definitely on that hot seat boy. Sucks cause I thought he was good hiring but he’s been making a fool of himself.

Pleasantly surprised ManU Stole a point with that starting lineup. Only watched extended highlights. But what gives with Rash? Dude keeps missing on every opportunity he gets. Its starting to get extremely annoying.

What’s funny about this Pogba situation is that there are so many United fans out there who are actually starting to feel bad for Pogba. The mood is shifting.

These United fans are like “bruv I don even blame guy for wanting to leave bruv, I’d leave too, set him free”.

I’ve felt this way for Pogz since the end of last season, but that’s because he’s always been a favorite player of mine, let him go shine. But now, even United fans are like “Pogba doesn’t deserve this”....

Good guy United fans

1569928692036.png

I keep going back and forth on pogba. While he is certainly our best player, I’m not sure if that’s saying much anymore. Being the best amongst a bunch of kids/waste men isn’t impressive. He failed to stand out yesterday when both teams midfields were terrible and this has been the story his whole career. Routinely marked out the games by midfields consisting of players with half his rep. Yet we always find fault in his midfield partners. I too have been guilty of the “need X player to unlock pogba” rhetoric. I don’t recall any of the premier league greats relying so heavy on another midfield player to shine. Lamps needed no one, Stevie G had no one for years once xabi/mash left. Scholes bossed games with Rafael and cleverly for ****s sake. I struggle to name more than a handful of stand out performances and yet he’s demanding a huge pay increase? Why allow anyone, let alone an underperforming player hold you ransom? If I was certain the money would be reinvested, I would cash in now. The problem is this won’t happen or will be done in an ineffective way (60 mil on that Newcastle ginger). So we are essentially damned if we do, damned if we don’t. Have united put the best team out there with him? Not even the slightest but the blame must be placed on the player as well. There are plenty of examples of world class talent carrying bottom half teams. Pogba in essence mirrors Manchester United.. both are completely overhyped/overrated.

I say all this but he’s far from our biggest/only problem. I was just addressing the recent contract talks/coupes “I feel bad for pogba” post. Most of you already know how I feel about our tactics, in game management, transfer history, contract extension choices, etc. I struggle to find any positives at the moment besides our three new signings who have all been great

I keep going back and forth on pogba. While he is certainly our best player, I’m not sure if that’s saying much anymore. Being the best amongst a bunch of kids/waste men isn’t impressive. He failed to stand out yesterday when both teams midfields were terrible and this has been the story his whole career. Routinely marked out the games by midfields consisting of players with half his rep. Yet we always find fault in his midfield partners. I too have been guilty of the “need X player to unlock pogba” rhetoric. I don’t recall any of the premier league greats relying so heavy on another midfield player to shine. Lamps needed no one, Stevie G had no one for years once xabi/mash left. Scholes bossed games with Rafael and cleverly for ****s sake. I struggle to name more than a handful of stand out performances and yet he’s demanding a huge pay increase? Why allow anyone, let alone an underperforming player hold you ransom? If I was certain the money would be reinvested, I would cash in now. The problem is this won’t happen or will be done in an ineffective way (60 mil on that Newcastle ginger). So we are essentially damned if we do, damned if we don’t. Have united put the best team out there with him? Not even the slightest but the blame must be placed on the player as well. There are plenty of examples of world class talent carrying bottom half teams. Pogba in essence mirrors Manchester United.. both are completely overhyped/overrated.

How long I been saying this Beans? Let the man go and use that money to get Bruno and another midfielder.

The worst thing United did this off season was keeping Pogba. Made no sense. He’s obviously sick and tired of being sick and tired.

An unhappy world class player (especially a midfielder) in a team full of average blokes is NEVER the way to go.

Not looking for sympathy :lol: I do feel for KDB the form he’s in to get an injury now is unfortunate for him

Na I feel for him too, he’s arguably the best midfielder in the world but always injured, it does suck. Just breaking balls, but City will be fine regardless :lol:

I’m more in a daze as to why Cancelo is getting no playing time. Believe me, this continues to January, he will ask for a transfer/loan. Cancelo doesn’t play man, he has an attitude.

I say all this but he’s far from our biggest/only problem. I was just addressing the recent contract talks/coupes “I feel bad for pogba” post. Most of you already know how I feel about our tactics, in game management, transfer history, contract extension choices, etc. I struggle to find any positives at the moment besides our three new signings who have all been great
lampard had essien
gerrard had xabi alonso though
midfielders can't do it by themselves like attackers... the whole midfield only works as a unit.
look at madrid. casemiro fell off then modric looked like the biggest balon d or fraud of all time

Na I feel for him too, he’s arguably the best midfielder in the world but always injured, it does suck. Just breaking balls, but City will be fine regardless :lol:

I’m more in a daze as to why Cancelo is getting no playing time. Believe me, this continues to January, he will ask for a transfer/loan. Cancelo doesn’t play man, he has an attitude.
Pep has a way of easing guys into the team, was similar with sane in his first year Didn’t play much first half of his first season, Bernardo in his first season too didn’t play much in the first half of his first season both went on to do exceptional the season after. Mahrez played a decent amount last season but didn’t really kick on like people expected but now is looking world class again. Think it just takes some guys to kick on and get used to playing under pep. Only guys that slot straight in no problem were Laporte, walker and now Rodri

lampard had essien
gerrard had xabi alonso though
midfielders can't do it by themselves like attackers... the whole midfield only works as a unit.
look at madrid. casemiro fell off then modric looked like the biggest balon d or fraud of all time
I mentioned xabi tho. And yet Stevie continued to be world class long after he left. Essien was good but once again lamps wasn’t reliant on any one player to shine. My point more than anything is we can’t keep making excuses for both club or player.

Pep has a way of easing guys into the team, was similar with sane in his first year Didn’t play much first half of his first season, Bernardo in his first season too didn’t play much in the first half of his first season both went on to do exceptional the season after. Mahrez played a decent amount last season but didn’t really kick on like people expected but now is looking world class again. Think it just takes some guys to kick on and get used to playing under pep. Only guys that slot straight in no problem were Laporte, walker and now Rodri

That’s all true but Cancelo is a cut from a different cloth bro. Bernardo is more timid and soft spoken. Honestly Cancelo’s attitude is one of the many reasons I like him.

Cancelo is one of the few players I’ve ever seen get in Ronaldo’s face and clap back. The guy is not afraid to speak his mind. There is a reason Cancelo has been on 4 teams in 3 years (while being one of the best RB’s in the world).

Believe you me, if the man is not starting by January, he will get frustrated, he’s absolutely not afraid to pick up and leave :lol:

I also wanted to say this about Pepe yesterday. I swear Arsenal fans better hope he doesn’t turn out to be a bust....

Busts and flops happen, it’s football, to me it’s part of the gamble.

But knowing Kronke, if he finds out he spent €80 million on a bust, Arsenal won’t be getting money for at least 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom