⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yup, their new kits have been leaked for a while. They look good. I liked Chelskie's home kit this season though... I liked the horizontal striping... On the whole, I think Adidas has done a decent job with Chelskie kits... A few misses here & there but overall good job...

Yeah, I don't really feel excited about the new kit. I guess the color red bothers me a bit. :lol: I think I will wait to buy a new kit whenever Chelsea sign a world class player.

You wouldn't buy a Hazard shirt? I'd get one for my son but he's in a growth spurt so I'm not buying any new shirts for a sec...

I already have a Hazard home LS shirt. I love it. Might buy a Matic shirt.

Last edited:
Valencia is playing hardball with the Otamendi transfer even though he's already told them he wants to leave repeatedly :smh:.

Last edited:
- Barcelona forward Neymar has extended his contract at the Nou Camp until 2020, according to reports in Sport. And the Catalan sports daily also claims the Brazil international will now take home a whopping €12m a season at Barca.

- Chelsea face a battle to keep Thibaut Courtois at Stamford Bridge this summer (Standard) Real not giving up their pursuit. :lol:

- An unnamed Premier League club is among four to have made an official bid for Juventus striker Carlos Tevez, according to Sky sources.

I'm 200% certain that unnamed PL club that wants Tevez is 'pool :lol:.

The new Real kits aren't bad,the away kit is already better than last years pink one :lol:

Ibra still has it... Goal in a 3-1 win against Montenegro.

These 2 boys were shook at standing next to Ibra before the game against Montenegro. The one kid was quoted as saying, "This is probably the greatest thing that’s happened to me all my life!” to which Ibra replied, "Good for him, he got to meet me!” :lol:

zlatan gonna zlatan 
pimp.gif

I just watched this doc on Netflix over the weekend. Highly recommend if you have Netflix.

Coincidently saw this post on espnfc. To give context to the numbers below, mlb avg attendenceback then was apprx 16k per game, Superbowl IV had 44.3 m viewers, $2.8m in today's economy would be apprx. $12-$13m...

[COLOR=#red]Pele at the New York Cosmos: Five things to know[/COLOR]

On June 10, 1975, the New York Cosmos announced Pele was joining the club. Widely considered the greatest soccer player of all time, he led Brazil to three World Cup titles -- the first in 1958 when he was 17-years-old -- and for Brazilian club Santos he scored 1,091 goals, leading them to 21 titles.

Here are five things to know about Pele's time in the North American Soccer League.

1. Pele signed a three-year $2.8 million contract, making him the highest paid athlete in the world.

2. The forward was 34-years-old and had not played soccer competitively for eight months when he joined the team. He scored 37 goals and registered 30 assists in three years, winning the 1976 NASL MVP and leading the team to the 1977 Soccer Bowl title.

3. He made his debut for the club on June 15, 1975 vs. the Dallas Tornado at Downing Stadium in New York. He netted one goal and picked up one assist in the 2-2 draw. His career ended on October 1, 1977 against his former club, Santos, in front of a sold-out Giants Stadium.

4. Ten million people tuned in to watch CBS' live broadcast of Pele's debut match -- a record American TV audience for soccer. The Cosmos' home attendance tripled in just half the season Pele was there. By the time he retired in 1977, average attendance for the league had almost doubled from 7,642 to 13,558.

5. The Cosmos set several attendance records during Pele's three years with the club.

April 9, 1976: 58,128 (NASL)
June 9, 1977: 62,394 (U.S. Soccer)
August 14, 1977: 77,691 (North America)

Last edited:
Chelsea has had some good kits for the past few years.

Himmy in the middle....team gonna be "his" when CR7 finally walks off.

My wife was ordering our son some books on B&N's website & said she picked this up for me for $9.99...

View media item 1583399
I was looking up the book after she texted me & there's a story in the book about how he hates pre game warm ups -

If you’ve got (fashion model) Bar Refaeli lying naked in front of you, you can’t just wink at her and say: ‘Wait there, I’ll be with you in 15 minutes.’ All you’ll do in that quarter of an hour is think of her. You’ll hold everything back until you’ve got her in your arms and can throw yourself into the moment.

:lol:

Last edited:
I just watched this doc on Netflix over the weekend. Highly recommend if you have Netflix.

Coincidently saw this post on espnfc. To give context to the numbers below, mlb avg attendenceback then was apprx 16k per game, Superbowl IV had 44.3 m viewers, $2.8m in today's economy would be apprx. $12-$13m...

[COLOR=#red]Pele at the New York Cosmos: Five things to know[/COLOR]

On June 10, 1975, the New York Cosmos announced Pele was joining the club. Widely considered the greatest soccer player of all time, he led Brazil to three World Cup titles -- the first in 1958 when he was 17-years-old -- and for Brazilian club Santos he scored 1,091 goals, leading them to 21 titles.

Here are five things to know about Pele's time in the North American Soccer League.

1. Pele signed a three-year $2.8 million contract, making him the highest paid athlete in the world.

2. The forward was 34-years-old and had not played soccer competitively for eight months when he joined the team. He scored 37 goals and registered 30 assists in three years, winning the 1976 NASL MVP and leading the team to the 1977 Soccer Bowl title.

3. He made his debut for the club on June 15, 1975 vs. the Dallas Tornado at Downing Stadium in New York. He netted one goal and picked up one assist in the 2-2 draw. His career ended on October 1, 1977 against his former club, Santos, in front of a sold-out Giants Stadium.

4. Ten million people tuned in to watch CBS' live broadcast of Pele's debut match -- a record American TV audience for soccer. The Cosmos' home attendance tripled in just half the season Pele was there. By the time he retired in 1977, average attendance for the league had almost doubled from 7,642 to 13,558.

5. The Cosmos set several attendance records during Pele's three years with the club.

April 9, 1976: 58,128 (NASL)
June 9, 1977: 62,394 (U.S. Soccer)
August 14, 1977: 77,691 (North America)

I saw this before the Cosmos were announced back to NASL. One of the best Soccer Docs I've seen

Real and Chelsea kits are gorgeous.

Yokohama is a good looking sponsor too, almost bought some Yokohama's couple weeks ago but went with Continentals instead.

Really like the new Chelsea home jersey, gonna scoop one up. IMO the new Real Madrid Jersey is nowhere near as nice as last years.

Back
Top Bottom