⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
not even confirmed tho

either way, with Torres possibly leaving, will this open up a chance to sign Falcao :nerd:

Also, heres to hoping Spuds take away Arsenals target signing from PSG, Adrien Rabiot

only to have it snatched by Chelsea as he's flown in to London :stoneface:

Last edited:
not even confirmed tho

either way, with Torres possibly leaving, will this open up a chance to sign Falcao :nerd:

Also, heres to hoping Spuds take away Arsenals target signing from PSG, Adrien Rabiot

only to have it snatched by Chelsea as he's flown in to London :stoneface:

You guys can have him back

You guys can have him back
who is you guys?

and

what are you talking about?

edit- this weeks, or today's, poll is eh. i know it seems like Munich have the league on stronghold, but this season looks very promising, I don't know about title contenders, but Leverkusen's with RB Leipzig's managers style of play looks very threatening this year. Dortmund have looked very meh, which sucks, but I'm sure they'll get back on track on the next match.

But yea, Leverkusen and Wolfsburg look really good. Bayern is Bayern :rolleyes

Last edited:
@coup

Been hearing about this Ruben neves kid. Is he supposed to be that good? Also what's going on with the gypsy and the spaniard coach? Not getting along?

I don't know how good he is yet, he's only played a couple games. He was the youngest player to score for Porto, in their history. He's Portuguese so he may be getting a bit if the media buzz but I can't describe him for you yet. Too early.

Quaresma and the manager are bound to bang heads. He's only started one game all season so far and this Spanish coach is trying to turn everything around. I understand both positions. Porto doesn't usually sign 30 year olds, they're all about the future. Wouldn't surprise me if Quaresma gets loaned or gone before the window.

Love the dude, gave me a lot of memories growing up - was def my favourite player but Porto seems to be moving along. He's still got a bunch of game changing talent, I'd love to see him loaned out to a mid-level English squad whose in need of winning.

Last edited:
I wonder if all those rumors about Fernando and Milan were true because if Costa is out we might need Destro to rescue us.

Unless Drogba has some magic left to provide some old man heroics, similar to Eto'o. Even then we need another striker.

Last edited:
Well this is a surprise and it's official, reported by MARCA.com. Bayern doing Bayern things :lol:

Guess this means Khedira stays, Arsenal must look elsewhere.

Bayern Munich will secure the services of Xabi Alonso.

Pep Guardiola's team will pay the Spanish star €10 million per season. Real Madrid will receive between €5 and €10 million for his transfer.
Real Madrid will not make any waves about a departure, although they did expect a sizeable sum in exchange for a player who has been a key element in their midfield since joining 'Los Blancos' five seasons ago.

Bayern Munich have been on the hunt for a new midfielder with Spaniard Javi Martínez out seriously injured, and Alonso is the solution.
The 32-year-old midfielder renewed with Real Madrid in February, his contract set to run for another two seasons with an option for a third.
The footballer from the Basque Country is currently paid €6m per year (around $8 million) and that Bayern have put close to €10m ($13.2 million) on the table to tempt him away.

Alonso announced his retirement from the Spanish team the very same day this news broke after more than 11 years playing for his national team.

Read more: Xabi Alonso, Bayern-bound - MARCA.com (English version)

Last edited:
^ Arsenal are looking to sign Willy Carvalho from Sporting Arsene likes that he can play CDM and CD. Tomorrow will be fun with all the big players in the transfer market all being in the same place for the Champions League draw. Jorge Mendes will probably go from room to room bidding up the price on Falco.

^ Arsenal are looking to sign Willy Carvalho from Sporting Arsene likes that he can play CDM and CD. Tomorrow will be fun with all the big players in the transfer market all being in the same place for the Champions League draw. Jorge Mendes will probably go from room to room bidding up the price on Falco.

Going to be hard trying to close that deal so close to the deadline with all those third party issues.

Just watched Athletic vs Napoli off of the dvd... Uneventful first half. Napoli looked to dominate at the start of the second half as they dominated possession early on but Athletic started coming on strong capitalizing on Napoli's mistakes. Beautiful new stadium.

Watched the first 15 mins of Leverkusen vs Copenhagen & Leverkusen lit that Danish team up... Son is continuing his run of good form from the last campaign.

going to be a race, man u back in the fold. Sporting doesn't want a payment plan from Arsenal. 
laugh.gif
 They know we could build them a bigger stadium now. 

going to be a race, man u back in the fold. Sporting doesn't want a payment plan from Arsenal. :lol:  They know we could build them a bigger stadium now. 

Their stadium is one of the reasons they have to sell off assists like Willy, they should ask Arsene for some budget and survival tips

Reading rumors of Luis Gustavo replacing Xabi Alonso at Real.  Is there something I'm missing w/ this guy?  Never impressed me at Bayern and did nothing at the WC.  

Goddam man Xabi can still ball and we're giving him to a direct CL competitor. Idk man in Fiorentino I trust I guess to bring in more world class players.

Or maybe Real will just stick with Khedira.

going to be a race, man u back in the fold. Sporting doesn't want a payment plan from Arsenal. :lol:  They know we could build them a bigger stadium now. 

Their stadium is big and nice enough, was built 10 years ago. No need to use money to build a new one.

Just money to pay it off. It's a really cool looking stadium tho.

I think Carvalho ends up with United tho.

Last edited:
Goddam man Xabi can still ball and we're giving him to a direct CL competitor. Idk man in Fiorentino I trust I guess to bring in more world class players.

Or maybe Real will just stick with Khedira.

Yea they're just going to stick with Khedira from my point of view, they have to now. He's going to be important going forward tho.

Bayern were willing to pay Xabi almost double his salary, which is ridiculous to me, but he will be missed from an experience point of view. Real will be alright tho in that side of the midfield.

This makes me wonder what Real have up their sleeve tho. Those are some sneaky bastards.

I never thought I would see a season like this Cesc plays for Jose now and Xabi will be playing for Pepe. Never forget it actions not words when it comes to Footballers

Back
Top Bottom