⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also. “HEAT culture” is a narrative that is continually perpetuated and amplified by the media.

Largely in part to these post Heatles years. When Bosh developed the blood clots, the Heat were supposed to turn into this high lottery team by all accounts. If my memory serves me correctly a good number of you who seem to have an issue with "Heat Culture," were the very sames ones screaming about how amazing of an asset the 2020 Heat pick, 2021 Heat pick were going to be when Riley was making trades for Dragic and others. Because the Heat was by everyone's account suppose to be trash.

When we were trotting out rosters with the likes of James Johnson, Dion Waiters, Luke Babbit, Wayne Ellington, Tyler Johnson, Derrick Williams, Josh McRoberts, Rodney McGruder, a who's who's of mediocre guys. Who somehow played some of the best basketball of their careers within the Culture. Who also have all fizzled out since leaving Miami. But somehow Spo consistently got high level effort from these individuals, thus the fawning from the media and others.

And turns out that “the Patriot Way” was actually just having Tom Brady as the team’s QB.

Also. “HEAT culture” is a narrative that is continually perpetuated and amplified by the media.

“LA Our Way” was a local ad campaign that nobody really cared about except sensitive Lakers fans. Apples to oranges.

To be fair, "Heat Culture" and "The Patriot way" are synonymous with winning championships and continued success. "LA Our Way" is a lame ad campaign from a franchise struggling to stay relevant in a market where they've been little brother for decades.

To be fair, "Heat Culture" and "The Patriot way" are synonymous with winning championships and continued success. "LA Our Way" is a lame ad campaign from a franchise struggling to stay relevant in a market where they've been little brother for decades.

Exactly. That’s why it’s funny that it bothers you so much.

GOAT James really carried that group to the Finals?

Wardell better make the WCF.

Murderous row.

107E75E7-D40C-4AE4-9540-F66EF1D063D4.jpeg

A2FFC3BB-34DB-41BD-A001-BFBFF2B1F8D7.jpeg

225CE5D1-D72B-4C93-B02E-26CAEAA2D5DC.jpeg

8743729C-32FB-46A7-A057-362E44DBD282.png

Apples to oranges indeed

Largely in part to these post Heatles years. When Bosh developed the blood clots, the Heat were supposed to turn into this high lottery team by all accounts. If my memory serves me correctly a good number of you who seem to have an issue with "Heat Culture," were the very sames ones screaming about how amazing of an asset the 2020 Heat pick, 2021 Heat pick were going to be when Riley was making trades for Dragic and others. Because the Heat was by everyone's account suppose to be trash.

When we were trotting out rosters with the likes of James Johnson, Dion Waiters, Luke Babbit, Wayne Ellington, Tyler Johnson, Derrick Williams, Josh McRoberts, Rodney McGruder, a who's who's of mediocre guys. Who somehow played some of the best basketball of their careers within the Culture. Who also have all fizzled out since leaving Miami. But somehow Spo consistently got high level effort from these individuals, thus the fawning from the media and others.

And, as I said, the HEAT are a great organization and Spo is a great coach. I just feel the “HEAT culture” narrative has been overly mythologized.

Teams should go after Thad Young.

Bron really getting more and more annoying the older he gets.

I think he likes playing on middling teams. I do not understand it. For real, he done wasted a few years being on sorry to middling teams, and never seeming to want out or go to a winning situation :lol:. I think he cool with hooping and getting a check without all the spotlight etc. he could’ve helped a couple of really good teams over the last couple of years.

Again with the propaganda, 🙄

Anywho, in tonight's clash, Lebby is going to pass the 35,000 career point mark. Will be interesting to see how the show defends Harden if Myrie plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom