⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor.gif

I've never understood why teams so easily give up switches. Why not fight through it? Why your team so willing to concede matchups that their opponent wants? I understand that you're giving the ball handler extra space to shoot it but in a lot of cases that's better than the alternative. I'd rather LeBron or James Harden shoot a three-pointer than get a switch and be matched up on Lou Williams or a slow-footed big man like Ayton. LeBron does a lot of matchup hunting as well and it amazes me that teams know what he wants to do and just allow him to do it over and over.

I've never played at the collegiate or NBA level so maybe some of you guys who've played at higher levels can explain this phenomenon to me.

I get not wanting to fall for Harden’s foul searching antics but you gotta still get up on him :smh:

I've never understood why teams so easily give up switches. Why not fight through it? Why your team so willing to concede matchups that their opponent wants? I understand that you're giving the ball handler extra space to shoot it but in a lot of cases that's better than the alternative. I'd rather LeBron or James Harden shoot a three-pointer than get a switch and be matched up on Lou Williams or a slow-footed big man like Ayton. LeBron does a lot of matchup hunting as well and it amazes me that teams know what he wants to do and just allow him to do it over and over.

I've never played at the collegiate or NBA level so maybe some of you guys who've played at higher levels can explain this phenomenon to me.
it’s a cop out .
Dudes are just lazy to fight it so just switch it

not sure whats up with the sixers getting comfortable leads in the 1H and than here comes the 2H and they just play so lousy

would love for us to maintain big leads to where as embiid can rest up

not sure whats up with the sixers getting comfortable leads in the 1H and than here comes the 2H and they just play so lousy

NBA is a game of runs. At least they're not coughing up the game like the Celtics. In the playoffs.

That's every team in the league. It's almost impossible to blow a team out wire to wire nowadays. The Lakers do exact same thing. Sometimes they come out strong and have lapses later in the game and sometimes they come out slow and have to put on big runs in the second half

"Heat Culture" is one of the biggest lies in basketball. They got their titles the same way all the other teams get them... On the back of top 5 guys, two of those titles are LeBron James titles. This whole fantasy of them having some secret sauce over there needs to end. What has it yielded? A bunch of middle-of-the-pack teams now led by Jimmy Butler who can't do much besides draw fouls?

"Heat Culture" is one of the biggest lies in basketball. They got their titles the same way all the other teams get them... On the back of top 5 guys, two of those titles are LeBron James titles. This whole fantasy of them having some secret sauce over there needs to end. What has it yielded? A bunch of middle-of-the-pack teams now led by Jimmy Butler who can't do much besides draw fouls?
Cashflow Cashflow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom