⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dame is pretty much everybody’s son when it comes to the postseason.

It takes a village...
1620153681437.png

I agree with you. For whatever reason Russ is a lightning rod though. Thing is when he’s having a great week certain fans of his will post totally outlandish stuff and then others feel compelled to respond. Because Russ is always capable of an amazing statistical run in the regular season but that has nothing to do with his flaws
Only a half truth, when he’s having a good game the people who don’t like him are equally as likely to come in here and post about his MVP, triple doubles, etc. Definitely goes both ways. People delusionally think he’s top 5 and others who act like he isn’t a first ballot HOFer with the way they talk about him too. It’s just too much RWB discourse either way.

Only a half truth, when he’s having a good game the people who don’t like him are equally as likely to come in here and post about his MVP, triple doubles, etc. Definitely goes both ways. People delusionally think he’s top 5 and others who act like he isn’t a first ballot HOFer with the way they talk about him too. It’s just too much RWB discourse either way.

Most Russ detractors agree that he’s a HOF pg :lol:

There is no “both sides” to this.

I’m always down to clown OKC and I do think they did a bad job conditioning their players for stardom in terms of dealing with off the court pressure from the media and such, by protecting them too much and you see that with both KD and Russ. Not sure about on the court. It’s funny that he’s stuck with Scott Brooks again.

I was always a Russ defender on OKC but eventually watching the habits not improve got to be too much for me. He got so much adulation after Durant left that maybe it ingrained some of those habits or influenced him missing his biggest window to improve.

Still don’t know if panicking in big spots is unlearnable though.

I agree with you. For whatever reason Russ is a lightning rod though. Thing is when he’s having a great week certain fans of his will post totally outlandish stuff and then others feel compelled to respond. Because Russ is always capable of an amazing statistical run in the regular season but that has nothing to do with his flaws.

probably Scott Brooks also is learning a tiny bit without the bad management at OKC. though, he's still no good at his job and could be as bad as that coach that got fired at Atlanta. there are just people that are not meant for coaching. Kurt Rambis, Stan Van Gundy, Luke Walton just to name a few.

Dame is pretty much everybody’s son when it comes to the postseason.

It takes a village...

Dame really does get a pass for how poorly he plays in the playoffs. After the heroics of game 1 against the Lakers, the Blazers really got handled games 2-4 and Dame bounced before game 5.

Yeah, you keep trying to make this Dame/Steph thing, a “thing” :lol:. Nothing but love for Logo Lillard :pimp:

Lets deal in REALITY tho.

F6D26096-3954-4515-8781-19E41236B47F.jpeg
9D22160D-DB75-43CC-A273-89DD9B32EB7A.jpeg
76E6D2C4-D2BB-4362-9F96-DBDAE2486F0B.jpeg

FEAR
Thats cute pulling up all those stats from years when Steph had better teams,none of that is gonna matter this year :lol: …Stop with that fear mess.No one fears him or a team that features Juan Tabasco Anderson and Mykhal Mulder

Oh ok. So they’re 32-25 with Steph on the court. Which would be good enough for a playoff seed. He missed 9 games, and they’re 1-8 without him.

I say that to say...injuries are part of the game. Steph Curry is leading his team to playoff contention, as the leading scorer in the nba.

That’s a good thing. Nothing else needs to be said.

They're .561 with Steph. Which would put them in 7th instead of 8th.

375CB91F-53B8-4B8F-A0C0-2A9E44C8BCCB.jpeg

You said they were gonna win 50 games and they're not gonna reach 40 wins, let alone 50. Would've barely reached 40 even if Steph played every game.

Most Russ detractors agree that he’s a HOF pg :lol:

There is no “both sides” to this.
There’s absolutely a both sides to this :lol:.The same ****ty basketball discourse that you complain about with respect Steph exists for other guys too — Russ included. Dude is a deeply flawed basketball player but anybody could grave dig the types of criticisms in here and think we weren’t talking about an elite level nba talent in a lot of instances. The exact same way you could say for Steph and I’m sure you’d agree with that, no matter how different their flaws and all time standings are.

Thats cute pulling up all those stats from years when Steph had better teams,none of that is gonna matter this year :lol: …Stop with that fear mess.No one fears him or a team that features Juan Tabasco Anderson and Mykhal Mulder

You right now

7428E2B4-C89B-4607-96E1-FE268F67D7D3.gif

There’s absolutely a both sides to this :lol:.The same ****ty basketball discourse that you complain about with respect Steph exists for other guys too — Russ included. Dude is a deeply flawed basketball player but anybody could grave dig the types of criticisms in here and think we weren’t talking about an elite level nba talent in a lot of instances. The exact same way you could say for Steph and I’m sure you’d agree with that, no matter how different their flaws and all time standings are.

Nah. I mean, the discourse around Russ is he doesn’t do the little things to win, is a stat padder, doesn’t play defense, and has a limit to how far he can lead a team as a #1 option. He’s also called selfish, a myplayer, and turnover machine with a low bball iq. Oh, and his scowling is annoying.

Most of These are true, actual basketball things. That said, he’s a HOF pg and probably a top 10 one. This has always been consistent on here.

The “other side” isn’t even in this type of talk.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
They're .561 with Steph. Which would put them in 7th instead of 8th.

375CB91F-53B8-4B8F-A0C0-2A9E44C8BCCB.jpeg

You said they were gonna win 50 games and they're not gonna reach 40 wins, let alone 50. Would've barely reached 40 even if Steph played every game.

You just said they’re on a 40 win pace, in a 72 game season when Steph plays. That would be 46 win on an 82 game pace. You then go on to say that they would barely reach 40 if he played every game. That is not true, considering they’re 1-8 without him. One would think, they would win more than 1 of those games. Likely half. So that wouldn’t be “barely at 40”.

Like I said before, injuries are part of the mfin game. All this is dumb. The Warriors when Steph plays are a playoff team in the west. When he doesn’t, they’re horrendous. That is a fact.

dacomeup dacomeup

You said, “others who act like he isn’t a first ballot HOFer with the way they talk about him too

Who acts like this? Who says this about Russ?

Again, this isn’t a “both sides” thing.

Nah. I mean, the discourse around Russ is he doesn’t do the little things to win, is a stat padder, doesn’t play defense, and has a limit to how far he can lead a team as a #1 option. He’s also called selfish, a myplayer, and turnover machine with a low bball iq. Oh, and his scowling is annoying.

Most of These are true, actual basketball things. That said, he’s a HOF pg and probably a top 10 one. This has always been consistent on here.

The “other side” isn’t even in this type of talk.
You can take a quick search of his name and see that this isn’t true :lol:. Do some of those things come up? Sure. Absolutely not the typical discourse though.You can’t think that somehow basketball discourse is generally in a bad state (which I agree with) but simultaneously think it skips over one of the most talked about guys in the league.

dacomeup dacomeup

You said, “others who act like he isn’t a first ballot HOFer with the way they talk about him too

You can quickly search and find outlandish statements :lol:. Erupt getting his off was one of the first things I saw.
imagine a person who discredits everything Harden has accomplished defending Russ. Russ will go down as the quintessential statpadding overrated player.

dacomeup dacomeup

1620156145608.png

Lots of folks acknowledge Russ as a Top 10 PG of all-time and future HOFer IN ADDITION TO praising him for his extraordinary basketball abilities, beautiful family, hard work within marginalized communities and patriotism isn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom