🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Salute to Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox

We would have gotten a first from Chicago if Wentz didnt block the move there. Guaranteed

Plenty of reports that said Chicago wasnt going to pull the trigger if Wentz expressed no interest in going there. We had zero leverage

Y’all know the Rams had to attach that to give up Goff. He had no value

going be hilarious to hear all the talking heads that were saying the eagles would have to attach a pick to move dude now analyze the move

going be hilarious to hear all the talking heads that were saying the eagles would have to attach a pick to move dude now analyze the move
The media is hilarious , now let Wentz go to the colts and have another 2017 season , they’re gonna be sh*tying on us nonstop .

Last edited:
Too many factors to analyze this trade without any games first.

1: Trade means NOTHING if Hurts improves and plays well. You essentially got a free 3rd and "most likely" 1st round pick since the Colts O Line will keep Wentz healthy enough to play all season. If Hurts is crap and Wentz is beasting then This was an L

2: We have been defending Carson saying he couldn't succeed with that banged up O Line. Well then the same goes for Hurts. We can't say oh he wasn't that good when he played the first 4 games of his career with that same trash O Line.

3: Wentz didn't wanna be here. We all refused to believe it but dude made no public comments to make it clear he wants to stay. You now get rid of a disgruntled player and we can use that 1st (most likely) to draft more defense that we will need.You also had to show Hurts you believe in him not only when Wentz is playing horrible.

My biggest concern is 6

hurts deserves a shot, but I wouldn’t take him over any of the top 4 guys in this draft

AND if we suck the 2022 draft doesn’t look strong right now at QB

Too many factors to analyze this trade without any games first.

1: Trade means NOTHING if Hurts improves and plays well. You essentially got a free 3rd and "most likely" 1st round pick since the Colts O Line will keep Wentz healthy enough to play all season. If Hurts is crap and Wentz is beasting then This was an L

2: We have been defending Carson saying he couldn't succeed with that banged up O Line. Well then the same goes for Hurts. We can't say oh he wasn't that good when he played the first 4 games of his career with that same trash O Line.

3: Wentz didn't wanna be here. We all refused to believe it but dude made no public comments to make it clear he wants to stay. You now get rid of a disgruntled player and we can use that 1st (most likely) to draft more defense that we will need.You also had to show Hurts you believe in him not only when Wentz is playing horrible.
Your point 3 is the answer to the last sentence of your point 1. It is what it is, Wentz was never going to be good here. Org cant fix that now, no matter what we got in return

My biggest concern is 6

hurts deserves a shot, but I wouldn’t take him over any of the top 4 guys in this draft

AND if we suck the 2022 draft doesn’t look strong right now at QB
Exactly where I'm at brother. People wanna act like Hurts is the answer but you have to ask if hes a better prospect than a guy like Fields or Wilson. I really want Chase or Pitts but taking QB might be the safer long term move.

Wonder what return he'd get. 3rd or a 4th?

He had a down year but I think he bounces back
BGN said its more likely we cut him. Old, expiring contract. No leverage. Cut or 5th and above is realistic.

Hope we just cut him so he can do right by him and go freely

If we cut Ertz he'll be in Indy with Wentz

only other scenario is he goes plays with Tom in Tampa on a 1 year deal to try and win another ring and raise his value

He's 100% going to Indy if we cut him. It's gonna be like a day 3 pick if we do trade him. Just do right by him man

BGN said its more likely we cut him. Old, expiring contract. No leverage. Cut or 5th and above is realistic.

Hope we just cut him so he can do right by him and go freely

:\ Yeah you're right.

Would be nice to get at least a mid round pick though.

Back
Top Bottom