🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

"Lord Knows" is somehow one of the hardest tracks on the album despite including a bar about going through a girls phone while she goes to the bathroom.
roll.gif

21 Savage's rise is really interesting to me because I can't figure what the IT factor is.

Like what made 21 Savage different from say.... a Fredo Santana? Is it Young Metro?

Last edited:
Drake confirmed he's going to the AMA's on Sunday. He's not performing but he'll give some acceptance speeches.

Last edited:
:rofl:  

21 Savage's rise is really interesting to me because I can't figure what the IT factor is.

Like what made 21 Savage different from say.... a Fredo Santana? Is it Young Metro?

Dawg it's clearly young metro. And nowadays people care more about the image than the actual music. You could find a homeless person on the street and give him metro boomin beats and it wouldn't be too far off from 21 savage songs. I tried to give his tape a chance the other day but i was mainly just perplexed as to how someone could spit these high school lunch table freestyles and people feel it like that. "I'm a bad guy, you a sad guy" :lol: :lol: :smh: cmon man

Dawg it's clearly young metro. And nowadays people care more about the image than the actual music. You could find a homeless person on the street and give him metro boomin beats and it wouldn't be too far off from 21 savage songs. I tried to give his tape a chance the other day but i was mainly just perplexed as to how someone could spit these high school lunch table freestyles and people feel it like that. "I'm a bad guy, you a sad guy"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif
cmon man
Which is why I bought up Fredo because them ****** are the SAME person to me.

They both have that "I'll shoot your kids in the face", nihilistic, tatted-face, trap villain image. I remember ****** being enthralled with Fredo's image but acknowledging that he couldn't rap. But 21 Savage comes along and ****** act like it's the hottest **** ever. I don't understand it. 

Last edited:
Dude prolly has a solid team behind him. whereas you can tell fredo and chief keef we're just doing whatever, you can look and keef right now and see that he don't gaf and is just fading into obscurity

Last edited:

A catchier flow, slower cadence and beats, clearer speaking and simpler rhymes that made it easy for a club full of females to sing along to No Heart, X ***** or Red Opps...probably has a solid team behind him that is moving more calculated than we notice

Fredo had the image and aura but the music wasn't catchy as 21

Metro also seems like he's approaching 21 as the Snoop to his Dre rather than some random ***** he emails beats to. So you got Metro and his people also somewhat invested in 21's success on top of everything listed above.

I remember someone, maybe Charlemagne or Tax making the comparison between Donald Trump and 21 Savage, saying they're both successful because they are simple as hell which works great for their audience

he just says hard **** over good beats...sometimes it's really that simple

Keef and chop, Lex and Waka, Mustard and YG all tried this before to varying degrees of success

Last edited:
21 was buzzing and one of the hottest rappers out of ATL way before the Metro ****. Metro wouldn't have did a full project with this _ if he wasn't, cmon now let's be real
laugh.gif

It's similar to the Fredo **** just packaged WAY better.

Fredo just has fun in the studio and his stuff is more experimental with him tryna sing, etc. A lot of his **** don't even rhyme cause it's all 1 take off the head freestyle that's his aesthetic, some people will **** with it, a lot won't. One of his adlibs is literally "Freestyle"
laugh.gif

21 stuff is simple hard trap **** with good beats, he not tryna do too much.

Last edited:
 "Lord Knows" is somehow one of the hardest tracks on the album despite including a bar about going through a girls phone while she goes to the bathroom.

LOL yes, cause before that, I only liked 1 sng by him. The Savage/Metro tape was the perfect storm. Metro blessed him heavily, and even though 21 Savage is subpar as hell, he has a different enough voice to me it work.

Last edited:
Seventh grade I got caught with a pistol, sent me to Panthersville
Eighth grade started playin' football
Then I was like f_ the field
Ninth grade I was knocking n_ out
N_ like Holyfield
Fast forward n_, 2016
And I'm screaming f_ a deal

I legit quoted this to someone today in a group chat so yeah...

Not to mention that "21" is a top tier ad lib.

Last edited:
Traaaaashh bro. Garbage. It's just not good rap. The whole time I'm listening to his tape I'm sitting there like damn. So I can too, be a rapper? :smh: like when y'all say flow, what flow are you talking about? He never came up with any flow, dude is using that same tired freestyle flow all these new era drugged up cats use. Y'all must be talking about his voice or something. I mean if that's what you like then so be it but flow? Hell naw. And to top it off he sound the same on every song on the tape every single one

Traaaaashh bro. Garbage. It's just not good rap. The whole time I'm listening to his tape I'm sitting there like damn. So I can too, be a rapper?
mean.gif
like when y'all say flow, what flow are you talking about? He never came up with any flow, dude is using that same tired freestyle flow all these new era drugged up cats use. Y'all must be talking about his voice or something. I mean if that's what you like then so be it but flow? Hell naw. And to top it off he sound the same on every song on the tape every single one
You and I are on a spaceship fam, because I feel like an alien when I hear how these dudes talk about how good 21 is..Dude is absolute trash to me and I just don't get how anyone can like him

Who saw his freestyle for XXL? It was average but it wasn't trash. He's in that lane where bars don't even matter tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom