🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

It's also super hilarious my cousins for america think need to go back to the Toronto sound which to them = late 90's RnB samples. :lol:

More Life is far closer to what Toronto actually sounds like. :lol:

statistically the most multi cultural city in the world.

It's also super hilarious my cousins for america think need to go back to the Toronto sound which to them = late 90's RnB samples.
laugh.gif

More Life is far closer to what Toronto actually sounds like.
laugh.gif

statistically the most multi cultural city in the world.
Lol blame 40 for this. Got people thinking Toronto sounds like murked up Aaliyah and Static Major samples mixed w/ Houston Tempo
laugh.gif

Passionfruit grew on me too

I gotta learn to stop judging stuff prematurely 
mean.gif
First listen already had me proclaiming it was going to be top 1 for me on this project in terms of his singing joints, didn't even need to hear anymore lol. Might be one of his best RnB ones yet
I thought the playlist moniker was stupid, but low key it makes sense.

The way it jumps around through sounds and cultures, it feels like an amazingly curated playlist of the modern diaspora of black music.
Yup, I hear people say "this is trash, it's Hollister/elevator/dressing room music". This is exactly what it reminds me of, but I don't see anything wrong with this 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Yup, I hear people say "this is trash, it's Hollister/elevator/dressing room music". This is exactly what it reminds me of, but I don't see anything wrong with this 
laugh.gif

I get a lot of dope records from those clothing stores. Whenever I hear that about Drake's music, I'm like "Why is that a bad thing" lol the fact that he can make a record for shopping at H&M then turn around and make a record like Free Smoke should be applauded. Like, no one else can do that in music right now as good as he can.

Cudi deserved them shots.

I'm an advocate for mental health and glad that's he's been open about his struggles but even beyond that son acts like a coked out weirdo with an inflated sense of his own level.

Bruh peaked on album 2, he not even in the same league as Drake.

Last edited:
Man Passionfruit into Jorja Interlude into Get It Together is as smooth as it gets. If that isn't good music man I don't know what is.

Free Smoke sounds more and more like Summer 16....

Which I thought was a highly underrated Drake record

It's a very nice lead-off song.

The sequencing of those Caribbean or whatever songs :x :x reminded me of Rick Ross when he throws a bunch of trap beats in a row then gets back to what he really wants to do

Saturday, March 18, 2017DRAKE DOMINATES AT DIGITAL SERVICES (UPDATE)
Drake's More Life mixtape (YMCMB/Republic) dropped on all DSPs Saturday and is keeping pace with Views, which averaged 35m a day in its first week, according to SpotifyCharts.com.

Based on what we know now, we're forecasting 500-550k SPS for the set's first week, with 225-250k in sales.

Drake holds 14 of the Top 15 spots— and 21 of the Top 22—for Sunday on SpotifyCharts.com. With more than 34m streams on Sunday, according to SpotifyCharts.com, More Life is keeping pace for now with Views, which averaged 35m a day in its first week. Views was an Apple Music exclusive so, of course, once all streaming services are counted, Sunday alone could contribute over 50m total streams.

Meanwhile, Spotify reports that Drake had set two new records at the streamery: Best first-day streams for an album (61.3m+ on its first full day, 3/19) and best one-day streams for an artist (also on 3/19, with 76.3m+, shattering Ed Sheeran's 3/3 record of about 68.7m).

Its 22 tracks occupy the Top 22 slots at Apple Music."Portland" f/Quavo & Travis Scott is the collection's top seller at iTunes, currently #8. Physical for the album, which quickly flew to #1 at iTunes, may come as soon as two weeks from now.

That Spotify chart is very interesting. I knew Passion fruit would end up being the most popular song on there.

But look at how low, Can't have Everything, Do Not Disturb, and Lose You are. Singing Drake is really way more popular than Rapper Drake man.

Then look at how high Gyalchester and Free Smoke are. Trapper Drake is more popular than the Drake with bars.

I used to think Rapper Drake could compare even after how Views did. That's over now.

Last edited:
Skepta snaps on that interluda

Do Not Disturb sounds like some Take Care NWTS type track. So good

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom