🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

After giving it another listen I can confidently say that this is Drake's worst album.

Only 4-5 songs I'm feelin, but I'd be fully content with just listening to Cole's verse on a loop.

honestly nevermind
clb
scorpion
views

all super terrible

id add thank me later but atleast it sounded like an album

Last edited:
From "Scorpion" all the way to "For All The Dogs"

I don't hear any difference in sound and subject matter.

He's had the same album for like 4-5 straight.

Nonetheless this is a really good project. I like the length of it.

I give it a 7/10 overall.

I disagree. I like all Drake. Pop drake, rapper drake, spanish Drake, girl song drake. ect.

When Drake was in peak form he could do all of these thinga at an incredibly high level but also synthesize them into a cohesive package.

The best Drake records don't feel like here's the girl songs, the rapper song, the pop song. It all felt like a cohesive whole.

I think everything has fallen off, the beats, production, the quality of song writing has fallen way off so the album's feel way more disjointed and cynical.

Tbh I think honestly nevermind is the only recent exception.

While it's still sloppier than prime Drake, it atleast feels like he has a bit of inspiration playing in a new genere.

An example of this lack of cohesiveness is this Yeat song on this album. Clearly it's a Yeat song that he just added a quick verse on. He added nothing to it. Same thing with the Bad Bunny song. Same thing with the Lil Yachty song. Cole made that song his own. Feels like a mixtape. And on top of that, he didn't try on any of those songs.

Same thing with the 21 song off CLB. It was a 21 savage song that he added a quick verse to.

But to be fair he's been doing this for a long time. A lot of WATTBA album is mostly Future songs that Drake added his verses to. Same with Grammys off of Views. Those at least sounded collaborative for the most part.

This the same guy that said every song sounds like Drake featuring Drake

From "Scorpion" all the way to "For All The Dogs"

I don't hear any difference in sound and subject matter.

He's had the same album for like 4-5 straight.

Nonetheless this is a really good project. I like the length of it.

I give it a 7/10 overall.

I agree, but even Scorpion felt more introspective than this album.

I think that's why people are getting a bit of fatigue in regards to him. Doesn't seem like he has evolved or wants to truly divulge a different side to him.

I hate to do this comparison, but Kendrick's last album, no matter how you felt about it, he at least tried to show a totally different side to him. Now you may not necessarily have liked the music, but he touched on topics that about himself that he never divulged before, so it felt new.

Maybe Drake needs the major hiatus. The stuff he's talking about on this album just feels empty, but that's maybe where he is at life right now. If that's the case, I wish he would show that emptiness, rather than all the surface level writing he's been dropping lately.

CLB I think I have maybe 3 songs I put in my library and Yebba’s Heartbreak dont even count as a Drake track in my book so thats really 2. This I have 6 I put on so far, been listening to those on rotation and have to give the others another bit of fair listening.

If you liked Yebba’s Heartbreak, then she’s got another heat rock on the way :pimp:.

IMG-7115.jpg

IMG-7117.jpg

Wifey walked down the aisle to Yebbas Heartbreak, that joint got more replay value than anything on this new album 😵

I could see why FATD resonating with those that are single, recently had a break up, etc

For me, I ain’t reminiscing on no lost love - I got a wife and kids lol 🤷🏽‍♂️

And I could rock w/ music that I don’t really relate to but it’s gotta have something, this **** soundin redundant at this point

Wifey walked down the aisle to Yebbas Heartbreak, that joint got more replay value than anything on this new album 😵

I could see why FATD resonating with those that are single, recently had a break up, etc

For me, I ain’t reminiscing on no lost love - I got a wife and kids lol 🤷🏽‍♂️

And I could rock w/ music that I don’t really relate to but it’s gotta have something, this **** soundin redundant at this point

For me, idc if stuff sounds “redundant”. Not just Drake, but any artist. Migos sounds the same on damn near every track, but diff beats etc its all fine to me idc. “Variety”. :lol:

I dont need my music to have amazing lyrics, it just needs to be something I vibe with. Another Late Night has a nice melody to it, I dont need clever wordplay like Wayne on that new track with the Riri/ASAP line on every song, though I do appreciate it.

Off the strength of Take Care and NWTS, I'll still check out every release but I haven't really enjoyed a Drake project since IYRTITL.
It's certainly better than CLB to me, which was trash, but this is definitely not good aside from a handful of songs.

Just awful by Aubrey, this was another lazy *** effort. Should just stick to guest verses at this point.

So it sounds like if you have low standards and unrefined taste, Drake is your guy

I just like whats catchy and my throwbacks, call me mainstream or unrefined thats fine by me. :lol:

People love Kendrick, think he one of the best and I just think hes alright. MADD city was fire, everything after (besides the BP album) was meh. I rather listen to J Cole. Better vibe from his tracks.

I just like whats catchy and my throwbacks, call me mainstream or unrefined thats fine by me. :lol:

People love Kendrick, think he one of the best and I just think hes alright. MADD city was fire, everything after (besides the BP album) was meh. I rather listen to J Cole. Better vibe from his tracks.
Nah it's just the way your post read :lol:. Like I don't need good lyrics, I don't care if it's lazy and uninspired. Just give me a good melody and I'm happy. You're not even tryna argue the music is good, just kinda admitting that you like trash

Every big artist gets to a point where they realize they have devoted fans that will eat up whatever they put out and their efforts start to reflect that

Aubrey is the personification of Madden or 2K. Been putting out the same mediocre product forever but the super fans still line up and consume it every time.

I see it as sticking to what you do best as most people do. If Drake started rapping like Common or one of those super conscious rappers I would be out.
This is ironic because Drake siphons everybody's style and is rapping like yachty on here. But an artist giving you the best version of themselves doesn't mean they have to sound like anybody else

Aubrey is the personification of Madden or 2K. Been putting out the same mediocre product forever but the super fans still line up and consume it every time.
I hear you but super fans isn't the term. It's most people. More people listen to him than anyone else. That's more a mass appeal thing than a super fan thing.

This is ironic because Drake siphons everybody's style and is rapping like yachty on here. But an artist giving you the best version of themselves doesn't mean they have to sound like anybody else
There's a lot of "Old Drake" sounding stuff on here. More than anything else IMO.

Back
Top Bottom