šŸ¦‰The Official Drake Thread6ļøāƒ£ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I hear you but super fans isn't the term. It's most people. More people listen to him than anyone else. That's more a mass appeal thing than a super fan thing.

Eh, the music isn't good though and hasn't been for a while. I stopped buying Madden over a decade ago and only get 2K on super discount if at all. Drake used to make **** that was at the very least a turn up vibe even if the subject matter was the same. A lot of this Shang Tsunging he's been on is just lazy, uninspired and ultimately just isn't good at all and trying to pass it of as such is funny at this point.

There's a lot of "Old Drake" sounding stuff on here. More than anything else IMO.

I will agree with that. I wouldnā€™t say a lot, but there are a good amount of songs that give off an old Drake vibe. Songs that give off that sound to me are Virginia Beach, 7969, Bahamas Promises, Tried Our Best, Drew a Picasso, Slime you out, 8 AM, Away From Home, and Polar Opposites. Add anything else you think I may have missed.

I like all those songs. The issue is, all of them are about the same things heā€™s been talking about since 2009, but he did it better back then. On top of that, itā€™s like heā€™s regressed in maturity/introspection. Heā€™s just whining about how these 25 year old IG girls are being 25 year old IG girls even though he is paying their rent and giving them purses. In my eyes, this is so shallow and surface level. Iā€™d like to think heā€™s smarter than this, but just for whatever reason doesnā€™t want to talk about it in his music.

Maybe heā€™s still at this stage in his life. Itā€™s not anyoneā€™s place to tell someone how to live their life, but for a guy who was heralded for being so open and vulnerable everything he talks about is so surface level.

This isnā€™t even bringing up him going full Javaris Crittenton and all the ā€œmob tiesā€ and dropping bodies references after getting close to becoming a billionaire or whatever heā€™s at. All this started heavy after the Pusha stuff.

Heā€™ll go on Lebronā€™s show and be way more introspective about his life than he will on an album.

Last edited:
I will agree with that. I wouldnā€™t say a lot, but there are a good amount of songs that give off an old Drake vibe. Songs that give off that sound to me are Virginia Beach, 7969, Bahamas Promises, Tried Our Best, Drew a Picasso, Slime you out, 8 AM, Away From Home, and Polar Opposites. Add anything else you think I may have missed.

I like all those songs. The issue is, all of them are about the same things heā€™s been talking about since 2009. On top of that, itā€™s like heā€™s regressed in maturity/introspection. Heā€™s just whining about how these 25 year old IG girls are being 25 year old IG girls even though he is paying their rent and giving them purses. In my eyes, this is so shallow and surface level. Iā€™d like to think heā€™s smarter than this, but just for whatever reason doesnā€™t want to talk about it in his music.

Maybe heā€™s still at this stage in his life. Itā€™s not anyoneā€™s place to tell someone how to live their life, but for a guy who was heralded for being so open and vulnerable everything he talks about is so surface level.

This isnā€™t even bringing up him going full Javaris Crittenton and all the ā€œmob tiesā€ and dropping bodies references after getting close to becoming a billionaire or whatever heā€™s at. All this started heavy after the Pusha stuff.

Heā€™ll go on Lebronā€™s show and be way more introspective about his life than he will on an album.
Gotta add Members Only for sure. That's one of the ones.

Last edited:
Nah it's just the way your post read :lol:. Like I don't need good lyrics, I don't care if it's lazy and uninspired. Just give me a good melody and I'm happy. You're not even tryna argue the music is good, just kinda admitting that you like trash

Yeah, give me a good melody and some catchy lyrics and ill most likely like it, I aint gonna front. :lol: Theres a lot of trash music out there that I like.

Point was, I like that and I do like tracks with good lyrics, if its good lyrics and both catchy its a double win. Was just cruising to Drive Slow (on repeat) last night coming home and that beat + Paul Wallā€™s verse just mesmerizing. If that song had a whack beat, even with a good verse meh I woudnt bump it.

Drake a IG caption type of rapper. Im fine with that. :lol:

So it sounds like if you have low standards and unrefined taste, Drake is your guy

You forgot to add ā€œand like partying with womenā€ā€¦

giphy.gif

If there is one thing I would change about this current era of Drake its that he makes really bad feature decisions.

IDK who Teezo Touchdown is... But I have heard enough. The kids like Yeat, this is the first Yeat thing I have heard for real... Nah. Bad Bunny? Nah. SZA is fine. Sexxy Red, nah. That Lil Yatchy Feature is terrible, but I like that Drake verse a lot and that beat is apparently something he would be on per people so I guess? Every beat Lil Yatchy made was great though so I can't be mad at one terrible nonsense verse in exchange.Meh 21 Savage verse this go around. CLB was more of the same, really really bad features.

This is better than CLB. CLBs girl stuff was funny. He was being a bad person. This album is about consequences

Last edited:
I like the album more on my second spin (a mix between headphones and in the car). First listen was via sound bar didn't do this album much justice.

Wild it really got this serious.

I find strange Drake is asking people to take time with the album like he put out something super alternative or something super deep/cohesive like Take Care.

Drake essentially did an any % speed run of all the trending pop hiphop sounds and flows.

With the same subject matter as his last 3 albums.

It doesn't take that long to get.

An example of this lack of cohesiveness is this Yeat song on this album. Clearly it's a Yeat song that he just added a quick verse on. He added nothing to it. Same thing with the Bad Bunny song. Same thing with the Lil Yachty song. Cole made that song his own. Feels like a mixtape. And on top of that, he didn't try on any of those songs.

Same thing with the 21 song off CLB. It was a 21 savage song that he added a quick verse to.

But to be fair he's been doing this for a long time. A lot of WATTBA album is mostly Future songs that Drake added his verses to. Same with Grammys off of Views. Those at least sounded collaborative for the most part.

This the same guy that said every song sounds like Drake featuring Drake

I feel you on this. If someone played me an instrumental of IDGAF and Another Late Night, I'd never guess would be rapping on those beats. IDGAF beat is Fuego though imo :smokin.

Also, I always felt WATTBA was Drake entering Future's world and not Drake featuring Drake.

Virginia Beach
First Person Shooter
8am In Charlotte (and I already played it out)

Away From Home is the only introspective track but, unfortunately, it has zero replay value unlike Too Much, Look What Youā€™ve Done

Anyone feel like this album has too many beat switches? I used to love Drake's beat switches Fancy, Tuscan Leather, Furthest Thing, Know Yourself and etc. I feel like a lot of songs on here just beat switching for the hell of it :lol:.

The beat switches are way too overdone nowadays in general. The way dude flowed over Middle of the ocean was crazy then the beat switch :stoneface: Not a fan.

Yā€™all crazy deleting songs, Iā€™ll have songs i initially skip and eventually it just comes on because I kept the album as a whole, and Iā€™ll discover Iā€™ve been missing out lol.

And the Middke of the Ocean beat switch is dope AF idk what youā€™re talking about lol

Yā€™all crazy deleting songs, Iā€™ll have songs i initially skip and eventually it just comes on because I kept the album as a whole, and Iā€™ll discover Iā€™ve been missing out lol.
With this album there are many songs I've listened to twice and can't see myself not skipping them. I have a Spotify playlist of recent albums with selected songs though. Rich Baby Daddy is starting to grow on me especially after listening to it in the whip.

Back
Top Bottom