🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

proxy.jpg

play the Tuscan Leather sample backwards like the original, could of been used both ways, good sample used

who caresssssss about migos !! they're terrible .. what the heckkkk is wrong with you people !! lets get back to drake
smokin.gif
.. just kiddin
tongue.gif
lol but serious.. migos gotta get out lol
laugh.gif
#terrible they're like 3 lil soulja boys with annoying gucci mane voice !!

not a hater tho.. i hope they all go platinum
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

" where i reside, it look like a resort inside !!!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Im so easily impressed lol that line gets me so hype
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This dude has to be the happiest guy on NT 

roll.gif

Drake finally spoke on Kendrick's Control Verse

Last night, Drizzy Drake graced Elliot Wilson’s CRWN stage for the first time. Taking place at the NYU Shimmel center, October’s very own talked to the packed audience for over 2 hours. He gave away tons of intimate details about the recording of Nothing Was The Same and bits of his personal life. Myspace is set to release the video clips starting on Wednesday, but one particular moment made it’s way online already. When YN asked how he really felt about Kendrick’s “Control” verse, Drake didn’t seemed to moved by K. Dot’s lyrics. However, he admitted that they saw each other in person after at the VMAs and it was all love, but in Drake’s eyes it doesn’t seem like the verse has his complete cosign.

“That ['Control'] verse was a moment to talk about. Are you listening to it now, though?,” he asked, hushing all 850 attendees at NYU’s Skirball Center, including Wilson. Drake continued: “He didn’t come in there on some wild, ‘I’m in New York, **** everybody.’ I almost wish he had come in there on that **** because I kind of lost a little bit of respect for the sentiment of the verse,” Drake said. “If it’s really ‘**** everybody’ then it needs to be ‘**** everybody’. It can’t just be halfway.”

http://www.missinfo.tv/index.php/dr...rol-verse-are-you-listening-to-it-now-though/

No lie I just said that today, I havent listened to that verse since the week after it dropped. Oddly enough it was because of NWTS why the verse even crossed my minds.

Now you talking my language, now you talking my language :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Birdman at the end got me feeling like my net worth up 10 mill

"Stunt *****"

why did Drake get at Kendrick subliminally tho? why not just say his name on My Language? is he scared to go sparring with K. Dot?

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18511-drake-nothing-was-the-same/

:lol:

that check must've been fat..

the day before it comes out too. :smh:
Why cant it just be that good? I would rate it higher than an 8.6 but it definitely deserves at least that IMO.

He definitely said that HS reunion bar on Pound Cake, pay attention Pitchfork....

That Third Tuscan Leather beat is slowly becoming my favourite beat on here and the third verse on Worst Behaviour verse is climbing too.

the thing is you don't have to hear that verse again it already changed the climate of hip hop with one listen. does it lose its significance because its not on the radio everyday? none of these dudes really have "i gotta hear that again" verses drake included. and to make it seem like kendrick should've have followed that verse on some beef antics makes it clear that drake kind of missed the point or is truly becoming as bitter about it as he sounds.

i hate that "but it's not popular" argument.

The whole album is fire to me, production is amazing and that boy is spitting as well as he ever has. Not to mention the continuity, how well it's engineered and the lack of features.

I'm surprised a lot of y'all aren't as crazy about it, been listening on vacation in Miami and the **** is just the soundtrack to a young ***** reaching his potential. His confidence/flows/songwriting are better than any one else in hip hop right now. Only recent rap album that is better than this is GKMC

Last edited:
the thing is you don't have to hear that verse again it already changed the climate of hip hop with one listen. does it lose its significance because its not on the radio everyday? none of these dudes really have "i gotta hear that again" verses drake included. and to make it seem like kendrick should've have followed that verse on some beef antics makes it clear that drake kind of missed the point or is truly becoming as bitter about it as he sounds.

i hate that "but it's not popular" argument.
Good point. I wasnt trying to downplay the Kendrick verse or anything, it was more of a coincidence that I said the same thing earlier. IDK what sparked it either cant rememebr.

Justin Timberlake ft. Drake - Cabaret
Listen to Cabaret here

LISTEN

DOWNLOAD
Not bad at all.
Song is smooth
pimp.gif
why did Drake get at Kendrick subliminally tho? why not just say his name on My Language? is he scared to go sparring with K. Dot?
Here's his response to K. Dot's control verse:
“That verse was a moment to talk about. Are you listening to it now, though? He didn’t come in there on some wild, ‘I’m in New York, **** everybody.’ I almost wish he had come in there on that **** because I kind of lost a little bit of respect for the sentiment of the verse. If it’s really ‘**** everybody’ then it needs to be ‘**** everybody’. It can’t just be halfway
Not gonnna lie, my dude is sounding a bit hypocritical
laugh.gif
mean.gif

So after really listing to NWTS I feel like my feelings have really crystallized.

- I think its most cohesive singular piece of work since So Far Gone.

- I think 40 and Drake really show the growth and versatility of their sound, its the most confident record the OVO guys have produced. Thank Me Later and Take Care to a lesser degree still, would still lean back on the crutch of what modern hip hop is supposed to sound like. This eschews all that for better or for worse.

No more Up All nights, Find Your Love, Make Me Prouds, no Take Care's

They took the sound that was birthed on So Far Gone, that said it's first words on Thank Me Later, too it's first steps on Take Care, now it's an adult and 40/Drakes of kilter minimalist ambient sensibilities dominate the entire record.

He's a better rapper but he's clearly in no rush to prove himself with tracks like lord knows, just a quit confidence, and efficiency that he lacked in his earlier record, no wasted bars.

-Take Care had this sort of blueprint, radio hit + rap banger + slow jam+girl track, feel to it which sort of made it weaker thematically but on the other hand it is more flexible and can service different type of moods.

-Take Care tries to accommodated you, NWTS requires you to kind work yourself into its world.

I think Take Care and NWTS are 1a and 1b in his catalog.

So Drake says him and Charlamagne The God have real beef since Charlamagne talked about his mom according to Drake.

Own It :pimp: :pimp:

That beat is straight drop :x :pimp:

"I'm peaking, I'm peaking

Guess who's it is?
Guess who's it issss?"

tumblr_m0ol56Wj631qe2aljo1_500.gif

I don't even **** with PartyNextDoor like that but he was flourishing during the chorus, so many vibes. He's great on Come Thru as well, I need like 8 strictly ride out R&B/rap joints from he and Drake.

Last edited:
So after really listing to NWTS I feel like my feelings have really crystallized.

- I think its most cohesive singular piece of work since So Far Gone.

- I think 40 and Drake really show the growth and versatility of their sound, its the most confident record the OVO guys have produced. Thank Me Later and Take Care to a lesser degree still, would still lean back on the crutch of what modern hip hop is supposed to sound like. This eschews all that for better or for worse.

No more Up All nights, Find Your Love, Make Me Prouds, no Take Care's

They took the sound that was birthed on So Far Gone, that said it's first words on Thank Me Later, too it's first steps on Take Care, now it's an adult and 40/Drakes of kilter minimalist ambient sensibilities dominate the entire record.

He's a better rapper but he's clearly in no rush to prove himself with tracks like lord knows, just a quit confidence, and efficiency that he lacked in his earlier record, no wasted bars.

-Take Care had this sort of blueprint, radio hit + rap banger + slow jam+girl track, feel to it which sort of made it weaker thematically but on the other hand it is more flexible and can service different type of moods.

-Take Care tries to accommodated you, NWTS requires you to kind work yourself into its world.

I think Take Care and NWTS are 1a and 1b in his catalog.

No wasted bars?? Do we have the same album??

so what exactly do you consider SFTB, HOWGH, From Time, and Own it ??

drake songs, to me Make me Proud/up all night/take were just straight up contemporary hip hop songs/pop songs very calculated.

STFTB was a left field sort of minimalist song can;t really it sounds like anything else, Hold on were going home again isn't a prototypical rnb rap- single either. imo.

Im not saying its better than Take Care, its just different.

Take Care is my personal favorite because it was fresher, the first real solidification of the OVOsound but I think NWTS is a product that serves a different mode.

just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom