09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

You heard anything about Ahmad Dixon lately? Heard Texas A&M is trying to throw all kinds of promises his way to try and get him in College Station nextyear...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Christian is just waitin on somethin to hop back to Tally. So it won't be hard
Yeah. We'll see
I hear DeJoshua is wavering on FSU? Any word?
Negative. Esp. w/ Dent committing.
Any word on T-rex? UGA?
UGA got the full court press on him, but I think once our DC $%!% gets resolved it's a wrap. And once he comes for his official.

Idk about DJ, last I heard was that he was still firm after hearing the official word on Bowdens future yesterday

I don't have the insider info y'all got so I'm not sure how true that is, I really want him to come to Tally tho

Originally Posted by Al3xis

http://www.irishcentral.com/topics?topic=Brian+Kelly
Brian Kelly will be the next head football coach at the University of Notre Dame, informed sources tell IrishCentral.

The source, who is a well-informed person of influence at Notre Dame, says the Cincinnati coach is the preferred choice for the job, and that he is expected to eventually sign a deal.
this also comes after another insider said it was stoops..

nobody knows, things are coming from every direction
And now we have this...
From our premium ESPN board (Irish Sports Daily). . . .

I can report to you today that Bob Stoops has not only agreed in principal to a deal but has actually signed the contract earlier today. I suspect a press conference will be called for Friday but it depends on how Stoops wants to approach OU.

This is not from a 'source'- I am the source. My brother works at the agency that has worked behind the scene since shortly after the Pitt game. No academic restrictions were lifted- insulting for anyone to raise that issue. The terms of the contract are straightforward and will not be discussed openly and will not be released publicly. I can tell you the issue centered about guaranteed money which is something we were concerned with but we have access to this required money and at this stage we will not be left short of our goals because of money- that was a fault of Mr. Kevin White.

Stoops desire to come to Notre Dame is an effort to build back ND like he did at OU. The talent is there and Stoops sees his legacy in more of restoring luster than maintaining programs. Stoops has been the ONLY target ND has reached out to. Brian Kelly, etc have never gotten a call from the agency or ND. From what I was told- Meyer had his chance back in 2005 and that ship has sailed. Stoops reportedly said "Bring on USC" when he signed the deal.
laugh.gif

This whole thing is a mess...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Why would Major Applewhite leave under Saban's wing as one of the hottest up-and-comer offensive coordinators to go back to Austin?

Obviously his desire to get back to Austin plays a big role in that, but Saban is a pain in the %*@ to work for. That's well-documented... It may be a lateral move, but all things considered, it's not unrealistic to think he'd leave...

that had EVERYTHING to do with him wanting to coach in austin and not on saban

Originally Posted by dreClark

In both cases. Your man is usually spot on, which is why I'm weary about the s- I'm hearing now on Luc. But @%@@ changes so fast in recruiting.
Yea Luc is set up for a Tally visit I believe its this week.

Biggest mistake CLK & Staff made was havign Elam & Riley visit on the same Day. bad planning. def cost us Elam as he was about to Flip flop.

Riley called Hubbs and said UTk is in the lead over USC after coaches visited him Monday.

and heres a note of stupidity.

some of the Tennessee QB club members are Heated with CLK because he canceled a sched. speaking engagement so that he could be out recruiting... really? Yallmad about the guy doing his job and nto speakin at some garbage meal...
sick.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Texas A&M's Jerrod Johnson Introduces Himself To The Nation[/h1]By The Herd's Word December 2, 2009

Everybody had stuffed their faces on a day in America where gluttony reigns supreme. But one young man stepped onto a football field in Texas as hungry as he had ever been with the intention of ruining his rival's holiday, season and the possible storybook ending of their quarterback's career. Jerrod Johnson led a young Texas A&M team into a showdown with 2nd ranked Texas with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove to a nation that had overlooked him for his entire junior season.

jerrodjohnson1.jpg

Some of it was well deserved. Whenever the Aggies played a quality opponent early in the season they were embarrassed. Losses are a part of the learning process for young teams though. The most important characteristic for a growing program is the ability to look past those defeats and focus enough during practice the following week to compete with the next veteran conference opponent.

A 3-0 start was followed by a three game losing streak for Texas A&M, with each loss more devastating than the last. A blowout at the hands of a hot Arkansas team started the nosedive and a 36-31 home loss to Oklahoma State - a game in which the Aggies led in the third quarter - was the second part of the learning curve. The most disappointing of the losses came against Kansas State, 62-14, in a game that was over before it started.

Still, through the first six games of the Aggies' season, Johnson had remained steady and the maturation process was taking place before every A&M fan's eyes. There were times when Johnson would miss an open receiver or make the wrong read but with a young team these problems are to be expected. Minimizing them is the key and Johnson did just that. He had 16 TDs and 3 INTs - all coming in the K-State game - to show for it and all of a sudden, Texas had a second quarterback to showcase and be proud of.

Johnson doesn't have that "go-to" receiver that Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow boast. Instead he has a group of young, athletic, basketball-bodied pass cathcers that are have the ability to stretch the field and do things on the field that you wouldn't expect from receivers on a 6-6 football team. Of Johnson's 267 completions this season, 194 have been delivered to freshmen or sophomores and of his 28 touchdown passes, 22 have been thrown to the class of '12 and '13. To say the future is bright in Aggieland is like saying Eva Longoria is cute.

All year long so much talk had revolved around Florida's mission to repeat as National Champs, Sam Bradford's inability to stay healthy and Colt McCoy's mission to lead Texas to his first elusive title that we were bound to lose a few outstanding players in the shuffle. But in the Big 12, where the quarterback reigns supreme, how did was Johnson able to fly so far under the radar?

Maybe it was his schedule. While teams like Boise State and BYU stole the show out of the gate, Texas A&M wisely scheduled games against New Mexico, Utah State and UAB in order to pile up wins before getting into their brutal conference schedule. It worked, as A&M went 3-0, Johnson threw 9 TDs with 0 INTs and the Aggies were an interesting story at the beginning of the year.

Maybe it was going 0-3 against the first three opponents he faced. Even though the Aggies struggled defensively, Johnson still walked away from the first half of the season with his head up high and statistics gleaming.

Maybe this just wasn't meant to be his year. But don't tell that to Jerrod Johnson.

He entered the Thanksgiving matchup with Texas having thrown 24 TDs against only 5 INTs and primed to enter the national championship picture one way or another. As 20-point underdogs, the Aggies were supposed to roll over and die for their in-state rivals but things didn't go as planned.

cmichael.jpg

Freshman RB Christine Michael will also be one of the premier players at his position in 2010

Johnson led Texas A&M on three scoring drives in the first half and traded touchdowns with the second ranked team in the land until Texas drove for a touchdown with five seconds remaining to go into halftime with a 28-21 lead. Johnson kept the Aggies in the game all night by converting on third down and making big throws on the run, all while opening the eyes of viewers across the country.

Johnson finished 26-33 for 342 yards, 4 TDs and 1 INT and refused to be the co-star in one of Colt McCoy's final Heisman audition films. Even though Johnson's team was on the wrong side of the score - 49-39 - at the end of the night, the heated rivalry game will be looked at as the night Johnson introduced himself to the nation.

The Aggies return a plethora of young offensive weapons in 2010 and the emergence of Johnson couldn't have come at a better time for Texas A&M. With many of the big name quarterbacks in the Big 12 heading for the NFL, there isn't any reason for Johnson and friends not to be at the top of the conference next season. The expectations will be high in College Station but it will be a welcome feeling from the cold shoulder they have received from the national media over the past decade.

Finally, another team in Texas will know how it feels to have a Heisman Trophy candidate under center.

Damn shame they're probably gonna be as bad or worse defensively next year with some scouts telling Von Miller he's headed toward first round NFLstatus...

Yea Luc is set up for a Tally visit I believe its this week.
Yeah, I think he's supposed to have is official this weekend.

Oh, and I heard more about your man Lance. But again, it was him coming as an LB coach, along w/ Manny Diaz from MTSU. Leaving the DL Coach to remain Odell.Which would assume that the DC is the DB coach

And they said that your man Coach O might be leaving too
nerd.gif

@#*$ is a #+@@++# soap opera
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Where DLo?
Martinez get fired yet?

Gardner leaving?

as long as Eddie Gran doesnt go, rite now he is indispensible

I'm not sure we're replacing Nix at all. Shannon said something about quality over quantity so he's not gonna just take another DT to replace himjust for #'s.

And I hear we pulled Raheem Buxton's offer too, the CB from Pahokee who was committed to us.

yah that poster credibility got shut down quick, dirk. lol

that actual site is credible though. but some random guy just started posting that junk

Sup?

I heard ESPN put out a story on Martinez being fired (per a "source") then pulled it like 15 minutes later.

*shrug*

Richt probably keep him on some "The Lord told me not to turn my back on my friend" #$%$.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

And I hear we pulled Raheem Buxton's offer too, the CB from Pahokee who was committed to us.
why is it that Miami keeps pulling kids offers?

i have heard this a few times with Shannon as yall Head coach

Alright, now the Atlanta paper has a source stating that Martinez is done, along with the DE and LB coaches.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

yah that poster credibility got shut down quick, dirk. lol

that actual site is credible though. but some random guy just started posting that junk
laugh.gif
Not surprising...

It'd be crazy if they missed out on Stoops or Kelly after all these storylines and rumors and he-said-she-saids...

*Also... Saw this and don't believe it, but thought it was interesting... Kansas wants Jim Harbaugh to replace Mangino...? No chance.
laugh.gif

I'm not sure we're replacing Nix at all. Shannon said something about quality over quantity so he's not gonna just take another DT to replace him just for #'s.

Why'd y'all cool on Nix so much though? Grades? Attitude?

And did y'all really PULL Buxton's scholly? Or are y'all simply urging him to look elsewhere? If y'all pulled it, you're playing w/ firebecause Blaze is NOT going to like that one bit. Esp since dude already committed.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Sup?

I heard ESPN put out a story on Martinez being fired (per a "source") then pulled it like 15 minutes later.

*shrug*

Richt probably keep him on some "The Lord told me not to turn my back on my friend" #$%$.
eyes.gif

they reported it on cfb live

ND, Paul Johnson is quickly becoming the prime target, I knew he was to be considered, but am sort of surprised that Plan's A-C have seemingly fallen through on them.

UVA, Skip Holtz is NOT going to UVA. it is either going to be Al Golden, Mike London or Calhoun from AF. Grobe said the only way he'd go there is if he could take his AD with him.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I'm not sure we're replacing Nix at all. Shannon said something about quality over quantity so he's not gonna just take another DT to replace him just for #'s.

Why'd y'all cool on Nix so much though? Grades? Attitude?

And did y'all really PULL Buxton's scholly? Or are y'all simply urging him to look elsewhere? If y'all pulled it, you're playing w/ fire because Blaze is NOT going to like that one bit. Esp since dude already committed.
Supposedly because he was "playing games." Shannon is hell bent on not having recruits making him look like a fool after PJ and Bryce.His ego > any recruit. Think he was wavering to begin with and we stopped recruiting him months ago. He tried to commit to UF or something but theywouldn't take him so now he commits to ND.

The rumor going around is that the offer is pulled though for Buxton.

Going back to a couple things that were posted...

Lateral moves or not, there have been a lot of coaches that don't like working under Saban and will jump at another position if given the opportunity afterestablishing themselves.

Also, word is that Stoops' agent shops him around a lot like Butch Davis' does for him.

Back
Top Bottom