09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Supposedly because he was "playing games." Shannon is hell bent on not having recruits making him look like a fool after PJ and Bryce. His ego > any recruit. Think he was wavering to begin with and we stopped recruiting him months ago. He tried to commit to UF or something but they wouldn't take him so now he commits to ND.

The rumor going around is that the offer is pulled though for Buxton.
roll.gif
Does he think he's Urban Meyer or some s- now? Jeez. You can never have too many quality DL's and Nix is one of the betterinterior DL's Florida. And I thought PJ couldn't get in and that was the main crux for him going to LSU? Aside from the $$$ ? And Randy set anultimatum for Bryce if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, Bryce was on some other **!! at times, but BB ain't play him that bad.

GTech had the players capable of running the triple option when he got there. ND does not it. would be at least 2 years before he could get players toeffectively run it which is one thing I'm sure the ND people don't want. More waiting and 7 win seasons

If true, Texas A&M droppin the !#$**@ ball on this thing...

If he'd take a DC job, the Aggies shoulda been ALL OVER IT...

Originally Posted by jville819

GTech had the players capable of running the triple option when he got there. ND does not it. would be at least 2 years before he could get players to effectively run it which is one thing I'm sure the ND people don't want. More waiting and 7 win seasons
ehh, as far as skill guys...all the RB's are returning and you could put Jon Goodman under center.

^ I was basing that off the fact that Dayne Christ wouldn't be able to run the system effectively. I don't know who Jon Goodman is so
laugh.gif
. If he is aneffective runner than I retract all my previous statements

He's a WR...but he played QB in HS and has a cannon, took a few snaps in the wildcat this year...accuracy would be the question.

i'd imagine Crist would find the first ticket outa town.

Josh Nesbitt is the starting QB right now and they won 10 games so accuracy isn't really a question
laugh.gif

Unless he's worse than Nesbitt which is not a good look

true lol, but i doubt he'd be the runner Nesbitt is. Altogether, he Riddick, Hughes and Allen would not be a horrible base to start out with in his system.

Not sure how the line would be.

think they'd have to exhaust 3 or 4 names at least to get down to Johnson anyway.

Yeah, they're throwing out all kind dumb $@%* right now, as expected. Tubs, Bud Foster, etc.
laugh.gif

I am still gunna stick with my original choices of Skip Holtz or Paul Johnson as ND coach.

[h4]Under Armour All-American Lamarcus Joyner down to three[/h4]
Lamarcus Joyner (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./Saint Thomas Aquinas) said earlier Wednesday that reports of him eliminating Florida State from consideration were not true, but that one team had dropped off his list because of coaching turnover, ESPN's JC Shurburtt reports.

"I have eliminated Notre Dame," the five-star ESPNU 150 cornerback said. "But Florida State is still in it."

According to sources, Joyner has also communicated this with the Seminoles coaching staff.

Ohio State and Florida are the two other programs vying for Joyner's services. He has taken official visits to Columbus, South Bend and Tallahassee.

De'Joshua Johnson still committed but considering other programs

Four-star wide receiver De'Joshua Johnson (Pahokee, Fla.) remains committed to the Seminoles but is not finished with the recruiting process, ESPN affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com reports.

"The situation with the coaches (at Florida State) is on my mind a lot and that is why I kind of re-opened things up along with the way they finished their season," Johnson said. "Bobby Bowden though never really recruited me. They said that Jimbo is always going to be the guy so I have talked to him and I like him."

"I am very interested in Miami, Alabama, and Florida State. Those schools were always my top three and that is who it is going to come down to. I like Alabama and I love Miami, so it is going to be a hard decision in the end," he said.

Johnson also mentioned LSU and South Florida as being in the mix.

He finished his senior season with 386 yards and two touchdowns on 19 receptions. He also threw for 884 yards and seven touchdowns and rushed for 123 yards and two touchdowns.

After the long speculation ended and Bobby Bowden decided to step down officially, lots of Seminole fans wondered what effect this would have on recruiting. At this point the potential damage seems to be very little if at all. NoleInsider caught up with Pahokee wideout De'Joshua Johnson to catch his thoughts.

"Really, it was not a shocker at all to me. They were all telling me all along Jimbo was going to be my coach for the most part. If they had told me something else that wasn't true I would be upset, but that is not the case. It's really no big deal either way to me. I'm ready for Jimbo to lead, he's a very positive person, and I like that about him. This doesn't change my mind about FSU, I still love them."

Recently De'Joshua made a visit to Miami. He shared his thoughts on that visit as well.

"It was a nice trip. It didn't change my mind. The way they rotate all of their young wide receivers in all of the time I didn't really like. I want the chance to play early, and be on the field if I work hard. It's going to take a lot to get me away from Florida State. Me and my cousin
Greg (Dent) have been talking about being roommates next year and everything. I know I'm going to take some more visits still. I'm going to try and visit Pitt, LSU, Alabama, and USF. Maybe some others. If I do go to USF, that will probably be an unofficial though."

Pahokee has been eliminated from the playoffs. The loss was ringing in DJ's ear, but he has moved his focus forward.

"Yeah we lost, just didn't get it going. We were down some playmakers and we lost. But right now I'm currently playing basketball . I like basketball a lot too. I play the 1 (PG) and 2 (SG) for our team. I'm also excited for track to come up and I'll be running track as well. I just like to have fun."

Was this posted already?
[h2]Sources: Strong leads Louisville's list[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Pat Forde
ESPN.com
Archive

Florida defensive coordinator Charlie Strong has emerged as the leading candidate for the Louisville head-coaching job, multiple sources have told ESPN.com.

[h4]Big East blog[/h4]
bennett_brian_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Brian Bennett writes about all things Big East in his conference blog.

Blog network:
College Football Nation

Cardinals athletic director Tom Jurich has had no contact yet with Strong, sources said. Jurich told his counterpart at Florida, Jeremy Foley, that he will not interfere with the Gators' preparations for the SEC championship game Saturday against Alabama. However, shortly after that game is over, Jurich is expected to contact Strong, and an interview could take place as early as Sunday.

Jurich is expected to spend time this week traveling to do research on other prospective candidates for the job, but Strong is the clear front-runner, according to multiple sources.

Others who have expressed interest in the Louisville job include Central Michigan coach Butch Jones and former Tennessee coach Phil Fulmer. Sources said Fulmer had a telephone discussion with Jurich Tuesday to discuss the job, but he is not considered a prime candidate for the position.

The fact that Strong has not been hired as a head coach yet has been an enduring mystery to many college football observers -- and an enduring frustration to the Black Coaches Association, which seeks to promote minority candidates for jobs.

Strong's current Florida defense leads the nation in fewest yards and points allowed per game, and last year's national championship unit was ninth in total defense and fourth in scoring defense. Strong has carte blanche from head coach Urban Meyer to run the defense; after the Gators held LSU to three points earlier this season in Baton Rouge, Meyer referred all questions about the defensive game plan to his coordinator. He has also been a vital part of Meyer's recruiting machine in the state of Florida and around the South.

If Jurich hires Strong, it would be a departure from his previous two head coaches -- Bobby Petrino and the freshly fired Steve Kragthorpe both have offensive backgrounds.

Ha I never knew Stoops really wanted the Iowa job before they hired Ferentz. As soon as the Iowa interview was over the UI told him they wanted to go throughthe whole coach searching process and he signed with OU the very next night.

Damn Iowa
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Damn shame they're probably gonna be as bad or worse defensively next year with some scouts telling Von Miller he's headed toward first round NFL status...
Miller is as good as gone...some scouts are giving an early grade that's higher than Sergio Kindle's. I think he'd be back if itweren't for the rookie pay scale going into effect, but that's leaving quite a bit of money on the table if he comes back.

It's time to go all in for Ahmad Dixon. We need a playmaker of his caliber in that defensive backfield soooo bad.

Some scouts are also saying Jerrod could be the top QB in the 2011 draft
pimp.gif

Looks like FSU has nabbed 2 more commitments for 2011, in Keelin Smith and Lamarcus Brutus from Port St. Lucie (Same school as Jeff Luc and Deon Rogers)

Coach Coley
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Charlie Strong appears to be UofL's #1 guy...still don't why they won't go after Mike Leach...

Hopefully we get Strong. Good Defensive coach, ties to Florida recruits.

And I don't think Leach would leave Tech for Louisville at this time. 3 years ago after we came off the Orange Bowl win, possibly. But, not now.

Also, I know it would be an upgrade over what we had, but for some reason, I hope we don't get Fulmer.

Back
Top Bottom