09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Potts is done. It's the Sheffield era now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Potts is done. It's the Sheffield era now
laugh.gif
Yea I dont understand why it didnt start way earlier
Yea everyone in Lubbock has been calling for Sheffield to start for the longest

Looked like they were just looking for a "reason" to finally bench Potts.

Ruffin Mcneil about to get that Bill Stewart treatment

Thank you Glenn Winston, Rod Jenrette, and co. for destroying this MSU team so much that Keith Nichol, the guy who should probably be under center is gettingPT at WR.... Arrgggh. Frustrating season and frustrating end to it. Also, fire Pat Narduzzi. I guess these are the things I get for being an MSU fan.

Go Izzo!

A name to keep an eye on during the next few years: CB Elisha Olabode out of Cedar Hill, TX, committed to TCU.

He'll probably redshirt next year (he's pretty small at 5'10, 170), but this is the kind of kid that TCU takes and turns into a playmaking stud. Hewas killing folks in the special teams game during the high school season.

I'm happy for UConn, even if Spurrier lost again. I've been rooting for them to do well since Howard got murdered, and it's good to see them finishthe season on a high note.

Hold up.....#76 on Texas Tech....What in the flying *$%# is wrong with dude?????
laugh.gif
dude is nuts man did ya'll see the tats on his face??? DAMN
sick.gif
lookshorrible...

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Hold up.....#76 on Texas Tech....What in the flying *$%# is wrong with dude?????
laugh.gif
sick.gif
looks horrible...
Yeah...at first I thought dude had rubbed eye black all over his head...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

laugh.gif
sick.gif
looks horrible...
laugh.gif
Thats Brandon Carter and its not tattoos he paints his face for every game
laugh.gif

January 3, 2010
[h1]Dixon's recruiting takes another twist[/h1]
Barton Simmons
Recruiting Analyst

SAN ANTONIO - The best players in the nation are convening in San Antonio this week for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. Many of those players are committed, several are still looking around and a select few have an interesting mix of both.

Ahmad Dixon out of Waco (Texas) Midway has had one of the most topsy-turvy recruitments in the nation and it looks to still have plenty of drama left. Currently, Dixon is a Baylor commit after de-committing from an early commitment to Texas.

But Dixon may not be done yet. Two schools in particular stand out.

"I'm still committed to Baylor, but I'm still keeping in contact with Alabama and Tennessee," Dixon said. "I've been keeping in contact with those two schools a lot lately so just wait till signing day."

Though perhaps no one will ultimately know what Dixon will do until the ink is on the letter-of-Intent, he will have a much better idea later this month.

"I've already taken my visit to Tennessee and that was a great visit," he said. "I'm about to take my visit to Alabama this month (Jan. 15), so once I take my visits I'll know where I stand. My decision could happen while I'm down there or after I come back, but we'll know on signing day."

Recently, Dixon has wavered some on Baylor due to the talks of the possibility of Art Briles replacing Mike Leach at Texas Tech.

"It's crazy," he said. "I really don't know what's going on so it's shaking things up a lot."

Dixon talked about what has him interested in the Crimson Tide and the Volunteers.

"About Alabama, they've been recruiting me since my sophomore year and Nick Saban, he's really turned that program around a lot," he said. "He's the head coach that coaches the DBs so that's enough said right there. And then they're playing for a national championship on Thursday.

"With Tennessee, you have two gurus coaching, one of the greatest defensive coaches coaching and one of the best offensive coaches coaching. They hire assistants that are just as good so that's what it is about with those schools. But Baylor is still a place I'm really excited about."

Dixon is also very excited about the upcoming week in San Antonio.

"I feel privileged," he said. "A lot of guys don't get this chance and I'm just honored. I'm trying to learn some things that will help me on the next level and if I make it to the pros to help me make it there and stuff to just help me build my character as a player and as a young man."

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

laugh.gif
sick.gif
looks horrible...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

def face paint, dude is crazy though.

yeah you are the only one. that boy balled out this year, granted there haven't been too many great QB/WR combos in the SEC this year.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Joe Haden declared for the NFL draft

am i the only one that doesnt see the hype around him?
I'm with you Mike. He's definitely the best corner in a pretty weak corner class. He'll be a very solid pro, but he doesn'tstrike me as a normal top 10 pick type of corner.

Maybe it's just that these dudes coming into the draft are my age now and I'm not as impressed anymore. Who knows? *shrugs*

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

I'm with you Mike. He's definitely the best corner in a pretty weak corner class. He'll be a very solid pro, but he doesn't strike me as a normal top 10 pick type of corner.
but you just answered your own question. he's coming out becauseee he's the best corner prospect in this class. you can't really say"i don't see the hype around someone" but then in the same sentence admit that they're the best option at their position.

^ No I didn't. Just because your position sucks for a draft and your the best player at that position doesn't mean you should warrant major hype.
grin.gif

Go back and read my edit as well...

I'm not necessarily hating on Joe, he's turned into a very solid corner.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

I'm with you Mike. He's definitely the best corner in a pretty weak corner class. He'll be a very solid pro, but he doesn't strike me as a normal top 10 pick type of corner.
but you just answered your own question. he's coming out becauseee he's the best corner prospect in this class. you can't really say "i don't see the hype around someone" but then in the same sentence admit that they're the best option at their position.
laugh.gif

What the hell is so funny? Go back and read what I said. Just because you're the best player at your position doesn't mean you deserve a ton of hype. This corner class absolutely blows compared to most at the moment.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

laugh.gif
sick.gif
looks horrible...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

def face paint, dude is crazy though.
Its funny though because he also happens to be one of the nicest guys you will ever meet

Back
Top Bottom