09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Any Cali heads...how good is safety, Sean Parker?

He's at the Army game now and has officially cut his list down to Michigan, USC and Cal. Says he's not committing until NSD, but that he isn't going to take an official visit to USC anymore.

Some are saying he's a USC lock, but others are saying he is Michigan's to lose (reminds me of the Donovan Warren situation a little bit).

I know we can sure use all the defensive help we can get...
nerd.gif

He's solid. Definitely not a guy that will wow you with measurables but he's got a good feel for the game and plays physical.

USC is the favorite but it's not a lock. He's close with Byron Moore who's ex-Narbonne HS and currently at SC. If SC fails to get D Riley, Parkerwill be a lock, otherwise, other schools are still in play.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by rawjs

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

D Riley is good as hell. thats one helluva fall back plan.
I agree with you 100% and I like his attitude a lot better. Elam seems a little more versatile, but at this point, I'd rather have the current players with Riley over Elam... Also, taking Riley keeps a great deal of momentum for Cali recruiting and helps us a lot with Powell.

most say Riley acts like a spoiled brat tho, and Powell is just like Elam he is not buying that meyers crap. The day that news broke he pretty much turned his attention back to USC

It might come off that way, but the kid just knows how to play the game. He studies up on teams like no other recruit I've seen.

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Any Cali heads...how good is safety, Sean Parker?

He's at the Army game now and has officially cut his list down to Michigan, USC and Cal. Says he's not committing until NSD, but that he isn't going to take an official visit to USC anymore.

Some are saying he's a USC lock, but others are saying he is Michigan's to lose (reminds me of the Donovan Warren situation a little bit).

I know we can sure use all the defensive help we can get...
nerd.gif

He's solid. Definitely not a guy that will wow you with measurables but he's got a good feel for the game and plays physical.

USC is the favorite but it's not a lock. He's close with Byron Moore who's ex-Narbonne HS and currently at SC. If SC fails to get D Riley, Parker will be a lock, otherwise, other schools are still in play.
Appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

rawjs wrote:

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

D Riley is good as hell. thats one helluva fall back plan.
I agree with you 100% and I like his attitude a lot better. Elam seems a little more versatile, but at this point, I'd rather have the
current players with Riley over Elam... Also, taking Riley keeps a great deal of momentum for Cali recruiting and helps us a lot with Powell.

most say Riley acts like a spoiled brat tho, and Powell is just like Elam he is not buying that meyers crap. The day that news broke he pretty much turned his
attention back to USC

Powell will be a Gator.

4* BJ Butler def. End de-committed from UGA and signed up with Louisville... Charlie Strong is out there KILLING
eek.gif

and Todd Chandler is scheduling a visit to Louisville

Ahmad Dixon seems to have completely backed off of his commitment to Baylor and some SEC schools have preeminently entered the picture.

"Tennessee, Alabama (1/22 visit), Auburn, Texas Tech is a little shaky right now with their coaching situation, so those are the top three schools right now."

nerd.gif

January 4, 2010
[h1]New Year Recruiting Notebook[/h1]
Kipp Adams and Nick Valentino

Talk about it in The Dawgvent
Bulldogs Bond
UGA Commitments Kolton Houston and Da'Rick Rogers both participated in the Under Armor All American game on January2nd and according to Kolton they became good friends.
[table][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [td]
808371.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Houston[/td] [/tr][/table]"We hung out the whole time, he and I became pretty close," said Houston. He said that despite his teamgetting the better end of their state championship match up in December the future Bulldogs bonded.
"When we first got there we started playful talking trash but then we just put that aside," added Houston.

Kolton enrolls and will be in Athens on the 5th for orientation. He joked that this may be his last time talking to the media in a long time since he willsoon be playing for Coach Searels.

Rogers, who impressed national analysts all week with his dominating combination of size and speed, said he measured in at just under 6-foot-4, and215-pounds. He seemed to really enjoy his overall All-American experience.

"It was crazy, I liked it a lot. All of the players there were really cool," said Rogers. "I enjoyed measuring myself against elitecornerbacks like Lamarcus Joyner and Cody Riggs. They are both good guys," added Rogers.

Houston also added that he was able to talk to Tampa offensive lineman Chaz Green as well, and he heard Green is leaning towards Floridaand USC but is planning on taking an official visit to Georgia before signing day.

Malcome Update
[table][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [td]
807277.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Malcome[/td] [/tr][/table]Southwest Dekalb stars Ken Malcome and T.J. Stripling both were in Myrtle Beachfor the Offense-Defense All American Bowl. Malcome said he was able to talk to Clemson commits Corey Crawford and DavidBeasley, and feels that they will end up signing with Clemson despite his best efforts, saying that "I gave them the reasons to come to Georgiabut they're going to do what they want to do," and that he "tried his best."
Another note about Malcome is that his collarbone is healing on schedule, but he wasn't able to play in the game.

Also, Malcome is thinking about taking a couple of more visits, because he has heard rumors that Coach Rodney Garner might leave theGeorgia staff. The schools he may visit are Clemson and Tennessee. Malcome is still committed to Georgia but is making plans in case something happens.

Mason and Bennett : Next Dynamic Duo?
[table][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [td]
801659.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mason[/td] [/tr][/table]Hutson Mason participated in the GACA North South All-Star Game before the New Year and much like the Cobb All-Star game he admitted he had alineman in his face or chasing him down on most of his throws. However, he was happy to be under center and pointed out that people should not be so quick tocategorize him as a system quarterback.
"I think that's kind of a statement where because I've had some success people just want to use that as an excuse," said Mason. He noticedthat in the Under Armor game "every single one of their plays was out of the gun."

"I think its one of those things were college coaches realize the gun has nothing to do with it. It's one of those things that they don't lookat, when you get to college you're going to have to adapt to get under center, but college coaches don't say 'oh just because he's a pro stylequarterback we don't want him,'" explained Mason. Then he pose the question "how many high school teams are really a pro styleoffense?"
[table][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [td]
850306.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bennett[/td] [/tr][/table]When talking to Mason and Michael Bennett, it was obvious they enjoyed their visit to the GACAAll Star game in Columbus. They rode down together and formed a good friendship.� Mason said that he and Bennett have a "really good relationship"and that they "get along really well."
Bennett said that they struggled together in practice but in the game Hutson threw for five out of six of Michael's catches.� Mason also added that hehoped maybe their relationship could turn into something "like Tim Tebow and Riley Cooper."

More Updates

The current class of Georgia commitments is hard at work, preparing for their future in Athens next fall. A number of the seniors updated UGASports withtheir current size, and a few spoke of their current off-season activities as well.

Ken Malcome, 6-foot, 218 lbs.�� "I start running track this week."

Deon Rogers, 6-foot-2, 195 lbs. "I have been lifting weights, and doing a lot of running and catching balls to improve myhands."

Demetre Baker,6-foot-.5, 205 lbs, "I plan to put on good muscle weight while maintaining my speed. Also plan to win two state titlesin track and weightlifting."

Derek Owens, 5-foot-11, 170 lbs.� "I am starting off-season workouts with my teammates today…Coach Lilly and Coach Richt are coming tothe school and my house tomorrow."

Jakar Hamilton, 6-foot-2, 196 lbs. "I have been working out and I feel I am prepared physically and mentally to come in and push for astarting job this fall."

Michael Bennett, 6-foot-3, 195 lbs.

Brandon Burrows, 6-foot-3 243 lbs.

Kolton Houston,6-foot-4.5, 283 lbs.

Hutson Mason, 6-foot-3, 188 lbs.

Nickell Robey, 5-foot-8, 165 lbs.

Da'Rick Rogers, 6-foot-3, 215 lbs.

BCS goes to ABC/ESPN next year right? if so thank god cause i cant stand these wack @%% NFL crews they put for the BCS games on fox

3. Keenan Allen
896377.jpg
S, 6-3/195, Greensboro (N.C.) Northern Guilford
Committed to Alabama

Though he is ranked third on the day, he could very easily be listed at No. 1 without much of a stretch. There were four interceptions in seven-on-seven periods today and every one of them came from Allen. Though a couple of them were bread-basket picks, there is no replacing a player that is always around the football. One interception was notably impressive. On a well thrown corner route, Allen came out of nowhere to lay out for the football and make a spectacular catch. He has such great length and range that he can go get balls all over the field. He also has the size and frame to be active in the run game.

smh.gif
sick.gif

4. Markeith Ambles
895747.jpg
WR, 6-2/182, McDonough (Ga.) Henry County
Committed to Tennessee

Ambles and everyone else on this list were a definite step below the top three but were still very good. Ambles just continues to stand out as a route-runner everywhere he goes. He doesn't separate himself with his size or his speed, but he always finds ways to get open and get the ball in his hands. In cold, windy weather, Ambles caught the ball well and also looked elusive. It looks like Ambles is one of the players that the East coaches are going to work to get the ball in his hands.

pimp.gif

Isn't Keenan Allen gonna be a WR at Bama?

Heard Jaylen Watkins tripped Ambles when got burnt in practices
laugh.gif

Rumors that Kenny Carter (Rb Coach) is leaving UF, don't know where he's headed.

UF hired a LB/Special Teams Coach D.J. Durkin from Stanford.

Back
Top Bottom