09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

I haven't been following his recruiting much...but some Penn State fans seem to think they have a great shot at Lattimore. Is that legit?

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

Sticks will be the best WR yall had since Dre.

Da'Rick Rogers is taking an official to Tennessee later in the month. :/
Yea, Coach O visited him yesterday. Rogers and Nash nance are like brothers, Rogers lives with him and O, offered Nance and Rogers a scholly. told them to come to UT.

CLK and staff are on a mission to destroy UGA, I dont know what the beef is but they have taken several shots at them and are really heavy in Georgia and atlanata now. the plan is to make Ga their recruiting base since Tennessee doesnt produce players

wait nahh chill. Nash Nance is OURS. ##@@

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

IYE...you hear any news about Floyd?
laugh.gif
...Urban's "retirement" looks like it mightnot take too big of a hit on the recruiting trail, if at all.

BIG news on Michigan and the potential Devin Gardner front. He has cleared UM's and the NCAA's rules for early enrollment. But the Inkster principalis being a %*$*% about the entire situation...saying "nobody's allowed to graduate early from here"
indifferent.gif
when he basically already has.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I have a feeling they're gonna find a way to work this out. How are you gonna force a kid to sit around school for his 2nd semester if he alreadygraduated?
alien.gif

If (hopefully when) he comes in here early, things will certainly get interesting in AA. Rich Rod knows he basically has one year left to prove himself and DGis the only option that gives him that true run/pass threat simultaneously...

I dont think Gardner. I think sort of the same thing happen to Marvin Robinson. Those two were the main two I wanted to see enrolled early.

Saturday is gonna be a good day

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4802133&name=West_Recruiting
Powell set to announce

The on again, off again commitment status of Ronald Powell (Moreno Valley, Calif./Rancho Verde) appears back on and the standout defensive end will make his college choice this weekend during the Army All-American Bowl.

Powell's recruitment was smooth sailing for most of the year. He narrowed his choices to two early on, Florida and USC, and eventually the Gators began to pull away a few months ago. The rush end has been on the verge of making a commitment to the Gators for the last month until a decision by Gators coach Urban Meyer threw a wrench in his plans.

When Meyer announced he was resigning and then a day later, said he was taking a leave of absence, it caused much doubt for Powell. He planned to re-open his recruitment and take official visits to USC and possibly Miami as well before making a final decision.

"He's ready to do it," Rancho Verde coach Pete Duffy said. "We just talked yesterday and I think he's comfortable with the situation at Florida now. I know he had a chance to talk to some of the coaches and some of the other players going to Florida and I think he's now comfortable and ready to get this whole thing behind him and out of the way."

Kipp Adams and Anthony Dasher
UGASports.com

For weeks, it's been assumed that Georgia was on the outside looking in when it came to 5-star safety Matt Elam.
It's been quite the journey for the native of West Palm Beach, Fla., a longtime commitment to Florida, who recently de-committed and pledged to Florida State.

But is that still the case?

Monday, Elam took a call from Florida coach Urban Meyer, who according to Rivals.com's Mike Farrell was seriously considering de-committing from the Seminoles and going back to the Gators.

Apparently, Farrell was correct but in an interview Wednesday evening with UGASports, it appears there is more to the story.

"I'm decomitting," Elam said in a text to UGASports after being asked if he was still headed to Tallhassee.

Elam
"Florida is first for me right now, followed by Georgia and Florida State is third," Elam said.

But although the Gators appear to be back on top for Elam's services, he didn't rule out a third team - i.e. the Bulldogs - becoming a serious player for his services.

"It is very possible," he said.

"I am still talking to Georgia for sure," he said. "When I went on my official visit to Georgia, it really felt like home."

According to Farrell, Elam originally switched from Florida to Florida State because he had grown concerned with Florida's recruiting class that includes Jordan Haden, Jonathan Dowling, Jaylen Watkins and Demar Dorsey, all of whom could play different safety positions.

But according to Elam, Florida State has issues with numbers as well.

"To be honest I been doing my research and Georgia only has six safeties on scholarships, Florida has eight and Florida State has eight."

Actually, the Bulldogs only have five after redshirt junior Reshad Jones announced Monday he was leaving Georgia to apply for the NFL Draft.

"I did not know about Reshad entering the draft," said Elam, who was unaware of Jones' decision until told by UGASports. "Coach (Georgia assistant John) Lilly has talked to me this week about the impact I can make on a coming up program and Garrison Smith has been talking to me about how he really wants to play with me."

Elam is currently in San Antonio, Tex., where he and Smith are preparing for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

"Yeah, I was talking to him and Christian Green, both the Florida kids," Smith said. "I think they have both liked what I have had to say. I have also been talking to (Marcus) Lattimore and (Jeffrey) Whitaker. I think with Whitaker, it will come down to his relationship with (Georgia assistant Rodney) Garner and (Auburn assistant Tracy) Rocker."

According to Farrell, Elam is looking at a possible Saturday announcement as to where he will go.

This is becoming a bigger circus. Not sure I'd trade Dorsey for Elam (that's assuming Dorsey qualifies).

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Boise State
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Anybody got a problem with us ending the season #2 unless the BAMA/texas game goes into overtime or somethign crazy?

if alabama wins, i think florida can also make a case for being number 2.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by zs05wc

I dont think Gardner. I think sort of the same thing happen to Marvin Robinson. Those two were the main two I wanted to see enrolled early.
?
Lol sorry I meant to say I dont think Gardner will be in early and that the same thing happened to M. Rob, in that he did a bunch of extra stuffover the summer but won't be in early as well.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

?
Lol sorry I meant to say I dont think Gardner will be in early and that the same thing happened to M. Rob, in that he did a bunch of extra stuff over the summer but won't be in early as well.
Naw, DG has cleared everything he needed to clear with both UM and the NCAA as far as enrolling early is concerned according to the Michigan scoutinsiders board. His HS just won't release him at the moment.
indifferent.gif

M. Rob hasn't been a serious early enroll candidate for a while now...there are still some questions about him just qualifying. Word is that he should begood though.

More bad news. Tony Drake and Adrian Witty didn't qualify.
smh.gif

Witty could impact Denard's future in AA because supposedly they are BOYS. Witty had his bags packed ready to come up and live with D-Rob. All bad rightnow.
smh.gif

Booo. Lets go LeFevour. March down the field with that record-setting arm of yours and set up a field goal.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Aaron Corp leaning towards Kansas, Virginia, Minnesota or Richmond (1-AA).

WVA has absolutely no academic standards.
The East Coast version of Arizona State
laugh.gif

it's been an evening of conflicting reports at the Orange County Register concerning the future ofis-he-or-isn't-he backup USC quarterback Aaron Corp, who has either already been granted his release from the Trojans or hasn't even made up his mindto leave yet, depending on who's doing the talking. Possible destination schools mentioned: [color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Kansas, Virginia, Minnesota and Richmond.[/color]

Thank God CMU isn't on tv like that, lefevour gets that Tebow love round these parts

Does Troy have a white player with dreads. Awaiting confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom