09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

That's his wife, and that's a pic that she uploaded to her Facebook a little over a week or so ago.

She's from Kansas, so that could play a part in him taking the Kansas job.

I like the Stoops hire. He helps the area where we were most poor, which is the secondary. Of course everyone knows his work w/ the Miami boys '01-'03but he's done great work out there in Arizona w/ somewhat 'lesser' talent. Interesting hire though, because everything that I hear has us going toa 3-4 and from what I remember seeing from the 'Desert Swarm' they run a lot of 4-3. Glad he doesn't run that basic cover 2 man under anymore. Fromwhat I've been told the run a lot of zone coverages (which we definitely need to incorporate). At this point, I am very interested in who the other hireswill be, what scheme we will run, and how much input Stoops will have on the hires. Is Jimbo going run the ship like Urban did when he had Charlie Strong andjust focus 99% of his energy on Offense and let the DC have control to do whatever he wants, or is Jimbo gonna have his say. I haven't seen much of'Zona but I KNOW Jimbo wants a couple things:

1. Be multiple w/ your coverages. Be able to disguise them properly and confuse the QB.
2. Bigger all across the board, from DT all the way back to Safety. No more 185 lb safeties.
3. Being able to pressure with size/strength and with speed.
4. Being able to be multiple/versatile among the front 7. Different looks, formations, unpredictable.

All in all, I can say I am excited for the close of recruiting and the spring. Now I know how UT fans felt last year. So far, Jimbo seems to have made 2 greathires.

All in all, I can say I am excited for the close of recruiting and the spring. Now I know how UT fans felt last year. So far, Jimbo seems to have made 2 great hires.

yup. the two situations are basically mirror images of each other.

^^ That makes much more sense (his wife being from Kansas) as the reason he would take the KU job. Still not a step-up imo.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

2 Sources have told 610 Sports Radio that, barring any unforeseen circumstances, Stanford Coach Jim Harbaugh will fly to Lawrence following Saturday's Heisman Trophy Ceremony to accept the deal to be the new Kansas Head Coach. He's expected to have an annual salary of $2.7 million a year.

iw85sy.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

im not sure if MD would go to the big east with there bball program having alot of ACC history

if im the big east i would do everything to get ND in the there.
Mike, my dude, that article was about the Big 10 (11), not the Big East. I'm ALL for adding that 12th team.
pimp.gif
Just wonder how they're gonna still call it the Big Ten and how they're gonna make that "11" look like a "12".
laugh.gif
it makes ZERO sense for MD to leave for the big 10

What do yall think will happen to Mangino? I honestly wish Ohio St would hire him seeing how he has connections with Tressel back at Youngstown State. I doubtvery seriously thatd happen though but he's a good coach.

^every yr expansion gets brought about in the big10 and every yr Rutgers is always mentioned. Thatd make the most sense to me but it's not going to happen.

Pregunta:

I haven't read/heard anywhere about Kelly and the Sugar Bowl. Will he be coaching them or is some interim coach gonna do that?

im not sure if MD would go to the big east with there bball program having alot of ACC history

Mike, my dude, that article was about the Big 10 (11), not the Big East. I'm ALL for adding that 12th team.
pimp.gif
Just wonder how they're gonna still call it the Big Ten and how they're gonna make that "11" look like a "12".
laugh.gif
probably because MD isnt in the Big 10 at all mike.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

UA just got Dexter Ransom. Was the no. 1 JUCO player before tearing his ACL this season. He should be ready for fall camp though.
I thought he SHREDDED his knee and wasn't sure if he'd even be ready?

He looks pretty damn good, but that seems like a hell of a risk to take for a kid that won't even have a redshirt year..

And Kansas is a lateral move for Harbaugh, but it's easier to get kids into school and Stanford ain't gonna pay him that kinda cash... Add in thewife's ties and it makes sense... He's probably biding time until Michigan or the NFL come knocking anyways...

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Pregunta:

I haven't read/heard anywhere about Kelly and the Sugar Bowl. Will he be coaching them or is some interim coach gonna do that?

Offensive Coordinator Jeff Quinn was named interim coach and he'll be coaching the team. Interesting because BK was the playcaller for UC. I reallydon't even know what to expect offensively, but I know I'll see a fired up team.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Pregunta:

Offensive Coordinator Jeff Quinn was named interim coach and he'll be coaching the team. Interesting because BK was the playcaller for UC. I really don't even know what to expect offensively, but I know I'll see a fired up team.
Most def.

I don't like your avy Comeup. Lance is a rough looking Cat and I stay Downtown.
embarassed.gif
Dude looks like He punches babies.
laugh.gif

Lance is cool though. He looks hella rough though
grin.gif

Originally Posted by GoinHam

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
probably because MD isnt in the Big 10 at all mike.

someone not reading very well tonight?

I could see the Big 10 looking at someone like Missouri. Fairly solid football and basketball school

colorado(has been rumored for awhile wanting to leave) and Missouri dont ike the big 12 or something?

Anybody that said Boise should join the Big 10 is bad...Their all the way in Idaho...traveling would be CRAZY!

That Kansas thing is NOT true.Kansas AD confirmed no talks between him and harbaugh.Inside sources at Stanford are saying Harbaugh will be eigning withStanford by Monday.got this from Scout.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Gonzalez rumored to LSU ...
Yup, just saw that too
tired.gif
frown.gif

Spoiler [+]
Sike
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Originally Posted by after h0urs

Stafon to the league.
Buddy never got a fair shot @ USC
Originally Posted by kimahrioftheronsotribe

Toby hit that.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yerp. Said the same thing last night.
Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Have had the pleasure of meeting and shooting the %%@$ with Herzlich a few times, really hope to see him back on the field next year. Great story.
Yeah, even though he beasts against my squad, he's a hell of a player. I hope he can make it back to his '08-09 level.
Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Cody Riggs to UF
Hmmmmm, they finally took him, 'eh? I wonder if they expect to lose another CB. I don't think they really thought they were getting LJ.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Tebow took a girl with Cerebal Palsey to the College Football awards.. walked her out the Limo and onto the red carpet...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RoOk

Eric berry only got it cuz he's a household name...Thomas was THEE best secondary player in the country
Shut up.

Idk if this was said, but didn't FSU sign a 5* CB recruit today? I was surprised he went there with Bobby B. leaving..
Shut up.

Poor Tebow...He won Nada tonight & will have to see Colt take the Heisman also Smh, wish he had had a better year than he did
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Shut up.

Guy barely played & was not even close to what they said he would be this year...Myron Rolle anyone?
Myron Rolle > Taylor Mays

Dude just went in on me...
frown.gif

Smh, atleast he agrees with Rolle > Mays
roll.gif

Any word on who will be taking over Charlie Strong D-Coord position at Florida?

Lew Perkins is connected. That's all I can say. He could sell water to a well. We're going to do monster season ticket sales with this hire. Lew'sGridiron Club starts next year with multi-million dollar rennovations taking place on the stadium this offseason. We'll be back in a BCS game in no time.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)-Athletic director Lew Perkins says he has not offered the vacant Kansas coaching job amid reports that the school is negotiating with Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh.

Perkins has been interviewing candidates to replace Mark Mangino, who resigned under pressure after an investigation into his treatment of players. Perkins is known to have talked to Buffalo coach Turner Gill and Mississippi coach Houston Nutt.

Perkins issued a statement Friday insisting he would not comment on unsubstantiated reports. He added, "Having said that, I will reiterate at this time that the process is ongoing. We have not offered the head coaching position to anyone."

A school spokesman declined to say whether Perkins was negotiating with any candidates

Back
Top Bottom