*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

No Dwight 
tired.gif
 For Now
happy.gif

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7...taking-dwight-howard-trade-offers-sources-say

fixed
Yeah this has to be posturing to sweeten the deal. There's no way they just let him walk for nothing like NO is going to do with Paul.

Originally Posted by illwill24

Say what you want about the guy but he's not worth Bynum and Pau. He's not worth all the trouble when he hasn't won anything but is still whiney. He's a great talent don't get me wrong but I wouldn't trade my frontcourt for that guy, esp when my frontcourt has won me multiple rings.

that i agree with,  you trade one or the other preferably bynum.  you don't trade both though as after losing odom already and then potentially losing both gasol and bynum, they would be cutting into the deepness of the roster way too much.  only way both get moved is if the return is both cp3 and dwight.

i wish dwight would help make the process easier and behind the scenes say he won't sign the extension anywhere except with the lakers.

if he wants out the lakers have the leverage in the trade, orlando either salvages things and gets a decent big in bynum in return or they lose dwight and get nothing and look like the 96-97 magic minus penny, nick anderson, and dennis scott.

i blame the knicks for their poor handling of the melo situation for giving these teams that have no leverage unrealistic hopes.  i can't knock denvers gm for getting what he got for melo,  i can't knock otis smith for trying to get what he's trying to get for dwight, but the reality is these guys want to leave and they want out,  the teams trading for them need to realize that and play hardball with them and play it out to the trade deadline.

Does Pau have anything left? I'm hoping so...He played with absolutely zero heart last year and this started before the playoffs. So let's not try and act like Pau only had a bad series. He was a damn corpse out there and should of been benched.

Let's not act like this picture was just made during the playoffs, because someone made it long before the playoffs for a reason:

a2d855.jpg

You guys don't want to give up Bynum & Pau, but that's most likely what the Magic are going to want. You guys really believe they'll just take Bynum and a few other pieces? The guy who is injured every single season? There's no way that's going to happen.

Once Bynum is injured again you guys are going to be crying on how we should of traded both Pau and Bynum for Dwight blah blah blah!

My only problem is that trading Bynum and Pau would of been an easy decision had we still had Lamar. In which case we'd have Kobe, Lamar, Dwight etc.....Still not sure what happened but w.e.

We seriously would of been better off not trading anyone or changing our team at all at this point. All we needed is an upgrade over in the PG section and we could of made a legit run and won another championship. Now it's too late to turn back, gotta go all in now.

MagicInsider Brian Schmitz
Magic trying to smoke out L.A. with Nets trade tease. Lakers didn't bite. Magic want PGasol and ABynum for DHoward. Now what? Wait.
1 minute ago
Retweeted by sam_amick

All Im saying if you trade for Dwight then we have no frontcourt other than him

And we STILL wont have a point guard.

pass on trading both pau and bynum, only way i would trade pau and bynum is if D12 and CP3 are coming our way
laugh.gif

Only way I'd trade both of them is if we got 4 starters in return (Jameer, Hedo, Ryan Anderson, D12)... But Magic will never bite on that..

Hopefully with Clips refusing to get rid of E. Gordon... And Lakers dangling Pau for CP3 they take it.... Then we go out sign a decent 4, and a back up 4.. Play with that team for the year.. Unless Magic panic around March... And next year wait on picking up the Bynum option, see if we could get D12. If not we just pick up Bynum's option.. See what we could do in terms of a PF next off season..

Originally Posted by illwill24

All Im saying if you trade for Dwight then we have no frontcourt other than him

And we STILL wont have a point guard.

Basically. Don't go for the Orlando bluff.

Even with out roster right now, we have reason to be optimistic.

A more traditional offense could mean that Artest/Barnes/Blake will go back to their days with Houston, Orlando and Portland.

A healthy and stronger Bynum could break out and be a total beast like he's shown glimpses of before.

Kapono could stand around and get open looks from Kobe, Bynum and Gasol being double-teamed.

Gerald Green might have went to China and found himself and his game.

McRoberts is a solid backup big with athleticism.

Ebanks is long and skilled defensively.

There are some really positive signs even if we don't get CP3 or D-12

GO LAKERS!!!!

Lizaker4Lizife wrote:

A more traditional offense could mean that Artest/Barnes/Blake will go back to their days with Houston, Orlando and Portland.

A healthy and stronger Bynum could break out and be a total beast like he's shown glimpses of before.

Kapono could stand around and get open looks from Kobe, Bynum and Gasol being double-teamed.

GO LAKERS!!!!

THIS!!! I've been telling folks for year the triangle is out of date in this NBA. Hell the only reason why that offense worked at all was due to the fact Phil and Tex had 2 of the best SG's ever and the most dominate big man ever running that offense!!

Gerald Green got kicked off his Chinese team after four games.

I'm not too excited about him being on the team just yet.

I wish Brian Shaw was the Head Coach.... But this is not the 05 Lakers, no matter who the coach is, the team is capable of going deep into the playoffs.. And Mike Brown, at least has experience of playoffs..

But in 4 or 5 years after Mike Brown is fired, it'll be DFish's time to HC..

Oh....I forgot to add if they did trade Bynum and Pau, I'm assuming they'd give us some other pieces in return with Dwight. Jameer Nelson would be nice....but not happening.

Yea, we could have a great season, but we're looking towards the big picture...The playoffs.

We had a good season last year didn't we? Yet, we get swept in the second round.

The reason Mitch is still trying to make moves is because he knows we don't have enough to withstand Dallas or Miami. Their benches alone destroy ours. Not to mention there's still other good teams out there.

I'm looking forward to our guys playing better with all the rest they've gotten. But at the same time, we need some more pieces.

We actually have a real in town rival now, because the Clippers are making the playoffs.

I hate to be so negative fellas, but we do need more.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Lizaker4Lizife wrote:

GO LAKERS!!!!

THIS!!! I've been telling folks for year the triangle is out of date in this NBA. Hell the only reason why that offense worked at all was due to the fact Phil and Tex had 2 of the best SG's ever and the most dominate big man ever running that offense!!

http://www.grantland.com/...appened-triangle-offense
The Triangle offense is a proven strategy, and everything Phil says in here is backed by history.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

GO LAKERS!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

well time to focus on this mediocre season and hope kobe can turn back time to 2006

lol@ mitch and h is big deals

still living off the gasol trade

Pressure is on now. Lost Lamar and CP3, oof.

Sasha Vujacic's 5.3m trade exception expires on Friday.

Mitch better go Man On Fire right about now.

Back
Top Bottom