11 Greatest Rap Groups Ever vol Cant Choose Just 10

I don't consider Gang Starr, Eric B and Rakim "groups".

For some reason my criteria for a group = 2 MC's. Although I consider the Roots a group with one MC (though they did start with 2) because they are a band.

EPMD + De La should be on here.

PE should be higher.

And to the cat who asked, yes, Beastie Boys over Mobb Deep. Easy.

Their catalog, musical quality, talent AND contribution to Hip Hop on a whole so far exceeds that of Mobb Deep it's ridiculous.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Their catalog, musical quality, talent AND contribution to Hip Hop on a whole so far exceeds that of Mobb Deep it's ridiculous.
"contributions" to hip hop and maybe catalog are the only things I'll give them.

Tripe and PE are both top 5 for me. ATCQ top 2 albums are better than anybody else's imo.

Drop Geto Boys way down...I like Geto Boys, but I prefer Scarface's solo joints much more.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Tripe and PE are both top 5 for me. ATCQ top 2 albums are better than anybody else's imo.

Drop Geto Boys way down...I like Geto Boys, but I prefer Scarface's solo joints much more.

Yeah but since Im using solo projects to I think the Geto Boys place is justified

Originally Posted by gunnascott

10. The Beastie Boys
Best Material: License To Ill

Paul's Boutique>>>Licensed to Ill

EPMD could be on there too. Their first three albums are definite classics.

did this dude really say outkast whole discography?? now i luv em as much as the next guy but they've had some "filler" albums

Originally Posted by northdade

did this dude really say outkast whole discography?? now i luv em as much as the next guy but they've had some "filler" albums

As far as I'm concerned all their albums except Idlewild are classics

I don't agree with the idea of crediting the group with solo material, except Wu...especially when talking about N.W.A.

Originally Posted by northdade

stankonia=gaabage
aquemeni=1/2 basura 1/2 heat roxx

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

I don't agree with the idea of crediting the group with solo material, except Wu...especially when talking about N.W.A.
QFT...makes no damn sense whatsoever.  BT-N-H deserves a spot.

And if mixtapes are included, these boys are lurking:

clipse1.jpg

Wait, the greatest group is at #7. C'mon fam... I can't fathom having a list with PE any lower than 3 and that's being generous. Besides that, list is 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

Wait, the greatest group is at #7. C'mon fam... I can't fathom having a list with PE any lower than 3 and that's being generous. Besides that, list is 
pimp.gif

I think you're rite I might switch them with RUN DMC

Originally Posted by So Authentic

UGK not top five? List is feces.

pretty much.

although u take Mobb Deep off replace with 8ball and MJG or just have them tied...i wud only half way discredit this list
happy.gif

one more thing, the roots a band tho....and eric b and rakim dj n a rapper...stop acting like they the end all be all....dj jazzy jeff n the fresh prince did the same thing

2 cats rappin and puttin out quality over more than a 10 year span i.e. UGK, Outkast > than Eric B n Rakim

It's called "individual album" for a reason. Big Boi is releasing a new album soon, but it won't be an OUTKAST project. Get it?

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

It's called "individual album" for a reason. Big Boi is releasing a new album soon, but it won't be an OUTKAST project. Get it?

Ok then the Speakerboxx/Love Below project shouldnt count since it was just 2 albums released together then?

Back
Top Bottom