'12 Bulls

Originally Posted by CAto312

Like I said in the DRose injury thread, the UC went from ruckus to somber...almost like being at a wake. Terrible!!

That being said, there's still games to play. GO BULLS!

Of course, may DRose recover fully....he needs to take his time.Edit: Vodka is my coping juice of choice fellas...
It was a terrifying thing to watch, but lets not forget that this team is not totally helpless without D.Rose. Let us remember that he missed 27 games this season and was only effective for the first part of the season. The real substance in this team is the Bench Mob. we beat most of the NBA thanks to them. I still have faith in their ability in addition to Thibs coaching. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

I know acl is bad but how bad is it moving forward next year

if the bulls are smart he will miss all next year aswell. cant rush back an injury like that... 

Originally Posted by sthebest

Like I said in the DRose injury thread, the UC went from ruckus to somber...almost like being at a wake. Terrible!!

Of course, may DRose recover fully....he needs to take his time.Edit: Vodka is my coping juice of choice fellas...
It was a terrifying thing to watch, but lets not forget that this team is not totally helpless without D.Rose. Let us remember that he missed 27 games this season and was only effective for the first part of the season. The real substance in this team is the Bench Mob. we beat most of the NBA thanks to them. I still have faith in their ability in addition to Thibs coaching. 
pimp.gif

I think the ECF is a possibility. The team has to get over this and just ball out...++%+ it!

pimp.gif

I think the ECF is a possibility. The team has to get over this and just ball out...++%+ it!
I dont know, I wouldnt be mad if they just dropped the next 4 and got healthy for next year.
Lu aint healthy we are about 100 times more likely to Amnesty booz maybe this is the way it had to happen.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

pimp.gif

I dont know, I wouldnt be mad if they just dropped the next 4 and got healthy for next year.
Lu aint healthy we are about 100 times more likely to Amnesty booz maybe this is the way it had to happen.

Interesting...I was thinking about Pooh's injury and its impact from a player personnel / $ / management standpoint. The team was built around Pooh. The team will now start becoming expensive to maintain..so what happens next year? There's a high likelihood that moves will be made to either cut costs and/ or start re-tooling the roster for when Pooh comes back. Steve Nash??

As tough a decision as it would be I think re tooling this team is going to have to be what is done.
I dont want Rose targeting anything earlier than March 2013 and to me the best way to do that is to be good.

To me the blowing it up option is the move I would make. Between being close to salary cap hell, the lack of non bench prospects for at least another year or 2 and the situation becomes to me dire. I'm less worried about wasting Derrick's "prime" than I am about wasting Noah's and Deng's. It doesnt make sense to amnesty Boozer if you arent going to get more talented on the bench, and what I mean by that is get a legitimate consistant scorer off the bench, or really blowing it up and getting Williams or Gordon.
Lets say we actually have balls and go after Gordon, as Williams would more than likely require blowing the entire team up.

We have 76 on the books If we let Korver go he only has 500k guaranteed, + Brewer going elseware we clear 9.2 total let CJ go and we clear 12.9+ letting Carlos go not retaining Asik and we clear 30 million.
That puts us right at 45
The roster looks like this
Rose
Noah
Deng
Taj
Rip
Butler
Find a better offensive PF, or find a Center and move Joakim to PF. Im less worried about getting a scoring big than I am finding a good one. Not to mention you arent going to find an elite scoring big anyway. If Roy Hibbert or Brook Lopez were to stay affordable then I would take them with their deficiencies and all.
Brook at anything less than 10 imo is an upgrade over Boozer. He moves Noah to his more natural position of PF too.

Sign Lamar Odom. Look I know he has been through his trials and tribulations, and he wasn't the smartest player when he wasn't anyway, but at the vet minimum, or even the MLE the potential for a season or 2 is gone be great.
Go after a starting PG. If I had my way I would trade Deng in a S&T for Deron Williams and eventually play him off the ball. That wont happen, but getting a dynamic PG has to be a priority.
I still think Jerryd Bayless is at worse a good temporary replacement, for Rose. Steve Nash is a guy who without making a ton of moves is still a guy who could be targeted.
You tell Nash that he gets to start for the Bulls and that eventually Rose will be back it has to be attractive. Nash and a flier on Lamar would imo get us a good seed next year for the playoffs. You can make those 2 moves w/o the amnesty on Carlos If you amnesty Carlos, you target someone who is elite at the 1 or 2 and get a replacement for Booz.
If you don't you get another guy who can score, and then a replacement for Rose.

Originally Posted by jmause3

Still can't believe this happened
30t6p3b.gif
i woke up today...Hoping it was a nightmare.
eyes.gif
frown.gif

We have fought through everything this year. Every obstacle that was put in front of us we overcame. Rips injuries, derricks injuries, dengs injury, etc. WE OVERCAME THEM...and then this happens. I still have faith (maybe blind faith) in this team to get to the ECF. If by some chance we make it to the finals or even win the chip...Thibs will be getting paid like a superstar nba player, by this team or another.

its crazy...as soon as cutler got hurt i was like "i cant wait for this upcoming bulls season!" and now that rose is hurt im saying "i cant wait for this damn bears season!" 

why would he sit out all of next year? so a full season away from the court would do what for him? he wont be able to do anything for months so the only blessing this is that it will heal the rest of his body.

we was able to win without him with team ball and defense i hope some of the vets or thibs gives this team a pep talk and snap them out the mood they where in yesterday after they all heard the news. team can still make it to the East finals.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

why would he sit out all of next year? so a full season away from the court would do what for him? he wont be able to do anything for months so the only blessing this is that it will heal the rest of his body.

we was able to win without him with team ball and defense i hope some of the vets or thibs gives this team a pep talk and snap them out the mood they where in yesterday after they all heard the news. team can still make it to the East finals.
He has to play on it thats the only way to build the long term strength.
The atrophy of the muscles has a lot to do with the long recovery time

In order of toughest things to overcome about an ACL tear

Emotionally 

Physically

mentally

Im interested in 3 things.

What's his tendonitis situation currently, if you remember Derrick has probably been on anti inflammatory medication since his summer league session a patella graft makes that a chronic issue. We all know he is going to James Andrews, and we all know James will use the patella, the long term ramifications of that are of concern

What else occurred? signifiant meniscus, ligament or cartilage damage is not what I want to hear.

How is he going to respond to the changes he is going to have to make. Look I'm not gone say he isnt going to be as explosive, but regardless you have to make certain changes.

I never want to see a jump stop where he jumps 11 feet in the air.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Interesting...I was thinking about Pooh's injury and its impact from a player personnel / $ / management standpoint. The team was built around Pooh. The team will now start becoming expensive to maintain..so what happens next year? There's a high likelihood that moves will be made to either cut costs and/ or start re-tooling the roster for when Pooh comes back. Steve Nash??
That wouldnt be a bad idea, but the last thing this Bulls team needs is another old decrepit player (R.I.P is enough)

I was hoping it was all a bad dream....%%+@ still hurts.

Drank myself stupid last night, and now that reality has sunk back in we got to keep our heads up and keep fighting through these playoff's.
Pooh will fine and I honestly believe he will return better than he was before, he will be an even better shooter and passer.
His athleticism will return as well but his game will evolve....he's got that fire in him, and he will work twice as hard to prove everyone wrong.

It'll be interesting to see game 2 on Tuesday, I will be in attendance cheering my *!+ off.
I believe this team will still make it to the ECF, this hardship will only make them stronger and they will come out ready to prove something.
I still feel a lil down about the injury, but I got my lil daughters bday party to cheer me up.

#SEE RED

A day later, and I still can't fathom......

My boy, Pooh, Done for the rest of this playoff run and most of next season it seems...This can't be life.

Im sorry I don't want rose back until next year playoff, yes a full year off might be the right thing, that kind of time frame can really help for a long lasting return. And like I said before please go work with tim grover this is your career and he is point blank the best at what he does.

Originally Posted by SLP Product

I was hoping it was all a bad dream....%%+@ still hurts.

Drank myself stupid last night, and now that reality has sunk back in we got to keep our heads up and keep fighting through these playoff's.
Pooh will fine and I honestly believe he will return better than he was before, he will be an even better shooter and passer.
His athleticism will return as well but his game will evolve....he's got that fire in him, and he will work twice as hard to prove everyone wrong.

It'll be interesting to see game 2 on Tuesday, I will be in attendance cheering my *!+ off.
I believe this team will still make it to the ECF, this hardship will only make them stronger and they will come out ready to prove something.
I still feel a lil down about the injury, but I got my lil daughters bday party to cheer me up.

#SEE RED

EVERYTHING YOU WROTE
pimp.gif

He's going to miss a chunk of next season as well. I just hope he takes his time coming back, otherwise we might not ever see the same explosive Rose we have seen..

Back
Top Bottom