18 year old shot by Police in Berkley missouri.

I guess thats your choice if you want to continue to derail the thread by talking about violence among inner city youths when we are not discussing that

Yea derailment aka you want to bury you skull in the sand and wish I never bring it up. That's the point why aren't you addressing that, I've given you guys multiple chances to make a thread, make a twitter post, anything, but you don't give a s$%. That's what it comes down to. 

The problem people have with cops, even whites has nothing to do with cops killing people. It's an ego and authority issue. Cops are a very very small fraction of deaths in this country.

Your point has been shut down hundreds of times by now. People have explained the differences, people have explained why COPS killing black people is extremely important, people have shown you that people do care about black violence. Just admit your only goal is to derail and leave the thread.

Don't understand this fake-compassion that you guys feel. People can care about more than one thing. A movement like this can encompass more than one issue. A protest that might get the Justice system caring more about black people will be helpful in the long term towards other black and inner city issues.

The fake-compassion makes me sick though.

You keep bringing up cops being a small fraction of deaths. Yet not one person has said cops make up a large percentage of murders. Not one. This is important because unlike regular crime - cops are being "investigated" by their buddies, not even going to trial, media smears the victims, none of the info is transparent. It's not about percentage. It's about a system that decides to treat these situations differently.

meth sonned all these dudes in either this thread or the other one and not one replied to him :lol:

Irony, because I actually think you guys are full of sh$# as well. I think YOU have fake compassion. You don't care about black people dying, this is about authority. Whether or not I have any emotional stakes in this is irrelevant, if you care about black people dying you should address this issue.

It's difficult isn't it, cause you would actually have to do more than protest. You would have to reconcile the high prevalence of black violence, with the interaction with law enforcement. It's too much work.:lol:

The stupidity of this blows my mind. Maybe you are capable of only caring about one issue at a time but most people can focus on different issues at once. This movement focuses on the top first. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's also been explained over and over how situations like this and situations like chicago are connected. You can do research if that concept goes over your head.

1. They are, but there is a difference see: #2

2. In the killings in Chicago, a person/people get charged with a crime and go to jail. The killing of Black males by police officers do not.
Let me ask you this..if all cops who were involved in the shooting of a black male were investigated and/or indicted where applicable, would there no longer be any protests?  While the chance of someone getting shot/killed by someone of their own race generally applies to ALL races, do you disagree that the frequency with which it happens is greater in the black community compared to others?  The point that LIONBLOOD has been trying to make is that while racism is still alive and well in society today, a black male is more likely to be shot/killed by another black male than a police officer.

Criminality, poverty, morbidity, mortality across all age groups.

Not even sure how cops can be blamed for morbidity or poverty, so you may have to hip me on that, but do to the targeting of blacks, criminality has been linked to people of color by default. Not saying that these cops actually made these criminals but that by targeting them people have gained the perception of criminality among them. I mean there are still imbeciles out there that think that while being 13 percent of the population that blacks can commit a majority of crimes(not all those who commit are convicted)

And I'm sorry but you are going to have to point me to where someone said that cops are killing a majority of black people, I assume that that is a mass assumption on your part and if that was actually uttered, in no way could it have been repeated enough to be actually taken seriously

This can be the case with some a little over the edge, I have seen some appalling claims myself, but to take oppressive actions and nature and to coin it with the thoughts of some extremists and say that "all black people _____" is equivalent to the thoughts of your everyday unapologetic racist that you hear about everyday on NT.

Protest violent inner city youth? How the hell is protesting suppose to help reconcile random peoples personal differences? How is this anywhere near relevant to authorities that represent the state? Does this even make sense to you?

You acknowledge that there are bad cops but give cops in general the benefit of doubt but can claim faulty stuff like " blacks scapegoat _____ for a lot of their ills" C'mon son

Yes he did. Pointed it at the cop.

No it was "Said" by the officer that a gun was pointed.... there's two videos neither of which can anyone clearly make out if a gun was pointed or not. Not surprisingly neither of the videos show the cops actions after the alleged "gun" was pulled.

But what has that got to do with anything? Is it supposed to tell me that blacks are just more criminally inclined? 

No, just to point out that this 'white skin colored people commit more crime against  brown colored people' mentality is false and only holding people back. 

Then to what DO you attribute it?  

At some point, you have a choice to make.  

If you see severe racial disparities in arrests, prosecutions, and sentencing, you can choose to believe that this represents some sort of innate "truth" about the criminal proclivity of different racial groups, or you can choose to believe that this instead represents the vulnerability of different groups vis-à-vis poverty and targeting.  

Let's say you're willing to acknowledge that poverty has more to do with crime than race.  In fact, let's say, for the sake of argument, that you don't believe that people of color are genetically predisposed to violence.  Congratulations, you're more receptive to logic than the hopelessly ignorant stormfront bigots from whom you pinched that racist "infographic."  (A pretty severe rule violation, by the way.)

How, then, do you account for the racial disparities in wealth and poverty?  

If your response includes the words "culture" or "effort," you are invoking racist stereotype in attempt to "disprove" racism and reinforce the myth of the egalitarian meritocracy.  

This is the new racism.  It is the neoliberal, "post-racial" attempt to situate contemporary racial inequality as a function of "personal responsibility", or, to quote Daniel Patrick Moynihan, some "tangle of pathology."  
In other words, it is the shifting of blame from genetic to cultural, from the institution to the individual.  

Let's be clear:  when you begin to stereotype "cultural deficiencies" and present this as the justification for racial inequality, you are practicing racism.  The only difference between your mode of thinking and that of an 18th century racist is you're not saying "it's who they are," but, "it's who they CHOOSE to be."  In some ways, that's even more insidious.  

Ultimately, to account for racial disparities in contemporary America you either have to accept the existence of racism, or you have to invoke racism itself.

No it was "Said" by the officer that a gun was pointed.... there's two videos neither of which can anyone clearly make out if a gun was pointed or not. Not surprisingly neither of the videos show the cops actions after the alleged "gun" was pulled.

Again, there could be 1080P video of Antonio Martin pulling the gun on the cop and you'd STILL blame the cop.

Let me ask you this..if all cops who were involved in the shooting of a black male were investigated and/or indicted where applicable, would there no longer be any protests?  While the chance of someone getting shot/killed by someone of their own race generally applies to ALL races, do you disagree that the frequency with which it happens is greater in the black community compared to others?  The point that LIONBLOOD has been trying to make is that while racism is still alive and well in society today, a black male is more likely to be shot/killed by another black male than a police officer.

Considering there have been protest and initiatives and dozens upon dozens of politicians & organizations fighting to stop gun violence in poverty stricken communities I don't know what your point is.

There's two sides to this when pointing out black on black violence & for "some" reason i never see it discussed after these "statistics" are dropped.

1) You inherently think black men are born with violent tendencies more so than other races (Which would be racist)
2) Or you would have to agree that something is systematically wrong in these black neighborhoods that lead to the violence amongst it's residents. Which would also lead you to the next question as to why there's such a disparity between the systems in black areas as opposed to other races.

But of course nobody ever digs to that point because you would then have to answer WHY black schools are funded less than white Schools, Why is the unemployment rate higher in black areas as opposed to other races, why blacks receive much harsher sentencing and policing than other races.

And then after you answer that you would be hardpressed to find any other reasoning other than racial inequalities, which then would force you to admit that racism plays a huge part in the social structure of america, which would hopefully then make you realize that black on black murder is at such a high rate because Racism systematically causes those rates to skyrocket.

But that would also be forcing people to think outside of their clouded judgement and realize that their beloved America that was built on racism and hate, has continued to keep tradition and abuse the very people who built it. :D

Last edited:
Considering their have been protest and initiatives and dozens upon dozens of politicians & organizations fighting to stop gun violence in poverty stricken communities I don't know what your point is.

There's two sides to this when pointing out black on black violence & for "some" reason i never see it discussed after these "statistics" are dropped.

1) You inherently think black men are born with violent tendencies more so than other races (Which would be racist)
2) Or you would have to agree that something is systematically wrong in these black neighborhoods that lead to the violence amongst it's residents. Which would also lead you to the next question as to why their's such a disparity between the systems in black areas as opposed to other races.

But of course nobody ever digs to that point because you would then have to answer WHY black schools are funded less than white Schools, Why is the unemployment rate higher in black areas as opposed to other races, why blacks receive much harsher sentencing and policing than other races.

And then after you answer that why you would be hardpressed to find any other reasoning other than racial inequalities, which then would be force you admit that racism plays a huge part in the social structure of america, which would hopefully then make you realize that black on black murder is at such a high rate because Racism systematically causes those rates to skyrocket.

But that would also be forcing people to think outside of their clouded judgement and realize that their beloved America that was built on racism and hate, has continued to keep tradition and abuse the very people who built it. :D

Exactly what I was trying to say earlier. If black on black crime is going to be ended It's going to have to be something white people care about and their going to have to admit that racial inequality is real and that racism doesn't just live in some people's minds it's engrained into society.

I don't talk to cops unless I'm being pulled over...

Or if there's something drastic that happened needing their intervention.

Approaching cops like it's all sweet...nah.

Considering their have been protest and initiatives and dozens upon dozens of politicians & organizations fighting to stop gun violence in poverty stricken communities I don't know what your point is.

2) Or you would have to agree that something is systematically wrong in these black neighborhoods that lead to the violence amongst it's residents. Which would also lead you to the next question as to why their's such a disparity between the systems in black areas as opposed to other races.

And then after you answer that why you would be hardpressed to find any other reasoning other than racial inequalities, which then would be force you admit that racism plays a huge part in the social structure of america, which would hopefully then make you realize that black on black murder is at such a high rate because Racism systematically causes those rates to skyrocket.

But that would also be forcing people to think outside of their clouded judgement and realize that their beloved America that was built on racism and hate, has continued to keep tradition and abuse the very people who built it.
happy.gif
I don't doubt that there are protests or meetings within black communities to address black on black crime; however, it's no where near publicized nor on the same scale as the recent anti-cop protests.  I think the media is partially to blame for that as racial tension and conflict draws people's attention and ratings. They probably don't care about a story about a black male killing another black male - doesn't mean that it's not a regular occurrence.  

As for the systemic issues with black neighborhoods - I think everyone would agree that poverty, NOT race, typically leads to crime.  Crime then leads to an increased  police presence in certain neighborhoods.  An increase in police presence means more interactions with the people of those neighborhoods.  An increase in interactions with people of those neighborhoods means there's going to be a higher chance there's going to be an unfortunate interaction (i.e. an innocent black kid being arrested/shot/killed.etc).

That's in no way justifying the actions of bad cops in those situations, and I agree that police could use more training in racial sensitivity in poverty stricken neighborhoods.  Thing is, at the end of the day, cops are human too, and it shouldn't come as a surprise that SOME, not all cops, may develop negative stereotypes about the neighborhoods they're policing.  Right or wrong, people stereotype all the time based on their own personal life experiences.  There are posters here who absolutely hate cops because of their own personal interactions which is understandable.

Thing is, if you want to reduce a police presence in a particular neighborhood, you have to decrease the crime.  To decrease the crime, you probably have to have better education, more job opportunities, etc.  The discussion should be on how to accomplish that.  The people who look at things from a purely racial perspective do nothing to contribute towards a meaningful discussions and possible improvement.

But Atleast a weapon was found this time right?

Lol... in both video you can see the cop shuffle backwards faster than a corner when the ball is snapped.

Dude dipped back so hard he dropped his flashlight and it bounced and rolled back towards the gas pumps...

Either 

A: he really THOUGHT something that wasn't a gun was a gun

or

B: he really SAW a gun and ended the lowlife kid's life with quick thinking...

Last edited:
The video is unclear dude could have pulled out his id. Cops plant guns all the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom