18 year old shot by Police in Berkley missouri.

If he pulled out a gun at point blank range, he deserved to be shot. I don't think you can debate that.

I do find it odd that he would pull out a gun like that an not even get a shot off. He had a big head start on the cop. With the gun already up, by the time the cop reached for his weapon - while he was holding the flashlight and not ready for action - the first reaction woulda been to shoot. That's what I find weird about the whole thing.

The messed up part was that the dude was allegedly alive for 30 minutes while the cop was calling for crowd control instead of an ambulance. Even scum of the earth deserve medical attention if they're no longer a threat.

Last edited:
He's just going to say that it was planted. It wasn't

Either he pulled a gun on the officer, or that dude was a stunt double for E.T.
you do know st Louis has a history of planting guns on people, right?

Nah... You don't know that

why they slandering cletus like that... no respect for the simpsons... dude isn't even a racist.

Perfect time to start murdering minorities though.

"But hey Lt. our homicide #s are down across the board this quarter, so what if civilians are mad with what we do every now and then?!!"

Last edited:
Sure.

Is that what you and the rest are going with now? "We were being sarcastic the whole time guys! You didn't get that? Gotcha!"

FOH :stoneface:
You must be new to the internet, pal. You honestly think I was being serious? Embarrasing for you :lol:

Let me ask you this..if all cops who were involved in the shooting of a black male were investigated and/or indicted where applicable, would there no longer be any protests?  While the chance of someone getting shot/killed by someone of their own race generally applies to ALL races, do you disagree that the frequency with which it happens is greater in the black community compared to others?  The point that LIONBLOOD has been trying to make is that while racism is still alive and well in society today, a black male is more likely to be shot/killed by another black male than a police officer.

What you two arent understanding is that they are not one of the same. Both of you are insinuating is that the Black community isnt as concerned about Black on Black crime as Police on Black crime when that isnt true at all. There are plenty protests and outrage of inner city killings which has to do with many socioeconomic factors. Police on Black crime is institutional issue that has been around since Reconstruction Era.

Whether you want to realize it or not, being born Black in this country puts you way behind the 8-ball. You are less likely to finish school, less likely to go to college, less likely to have access to medical care, and even getting into the work force later than their White counterparts which puts them at a competitive disadvantage. Considering the fact you have to start from behind, you also have to deal with the fact that just based on your skin color you are a suspect of a crime until checked out. If all cops were arrested would the protests stop? Maybe, maybe not because Blacks are still profiled based on their skin color. What people are protesting about is that Police officers clearly have a different set of rules than the rest of us civilians. The Black community has been disenfranchised in every aspect of society, so when one of their own is killed on camera with ILLEGAL use of force and the police officer is let go for not doing anything wrong, it's like getting spit in the face. When a White police officer is put in front of the Grand Jury and one of the "witnessess" who is a known racist and liar is deemed "credible" testimony just reeks how the Black community is treated in this unjust legal system.

What you two arent understanding is that they are not one of the same. Both of you are insinuating is that the Black community isnt as concerned about Black on Black crime as Police on Black crime when that isnt true at all. There are plenty protests and outrage of inner city killings which has to do with many socioeconomic factors. Police on Black crime is institutional issue that has been around since Reconstruction Era.

Whether you want to realize it or not, being born Black in this country puts you way behind the 8-ball. You are less likely to finish school, less likely to go to college, less likely to have access to medical care, and even getting into the work force later than their White counterparts which puts them at a competitive disadvantage. Considering the fact you have to start from behind, you also have to deal with the fact that just based on your skin color you are a suspect of a crime until checked out. If all cops were arrested would the protests stop? Maybe, maybe not because Blacks are still profiled based on their skin color. What people are protesting about is that Police officers clearly have a different set of rules than the rest of us civilians. The Black community has been disenfranchised in every aspect of society, so when one of their own is killed on camera with ILLEGAL use of force and the police officer is let go for not doing anything wrong, it's like getting spit in the face. When a White police officer is put in front of the Grand Jury and one of the "witnessess" who is a known racist and liar is deemed "credible" testimony just reeks how the Black community is treated in this unjust legal system.
There are several issuea with this post.

1. Just being black somehow makes you less likely to finish school? Says who? Since when does the color of your skin determine how much effort you put into school? Its nobody's fault but tge individual's.

2. Yes there was a witness that was bipolar and lied. But there were dozens of black witnesses who lied ad well. Why single out the white one?

1. Just being black somehow makes you less likely to finish school? Says who? Since when does the color of your skin determine how much effort you put into school? Its nobody's fault but tge individual's.

When you live in a lower socioeconomic area, you are less likely to finish school. Numbers don't lie. A lot of it has nothing to do with level of motivation, it has a lot to do with access.

2. Yes there was a witness that was bipolar and lied. But there were dozens of black witnesses who lied ad well. Why single out the white one?

Which were disregarded. Witness 40's was allowed to testify even though it was already known she was a nutjob polluting the Grand Jury.

When you live in a lower socioeconomic area, you are less likely to finish school. Numbers don't lie. A lot of it has nothing to do with level of motivation, it has a lot to do with access.
Which were disregarded. Witness 40's was allowed to testify even though it was already known she was a nutjob polluting the Grand Jury.
While I agree there are definitely socioeconomic factors to take into consideration, a lot of it has to do with motivation like you said - but that comes from within the home.  No teacher or police officer is going to teach you that.  I'm Asian and grew up poor to immigrant parents who came here not knowing how to speak any English.  The neighborhood I grew up in was what you would consider a lower socioeconomic area.  I grew up facing racism from not only white people, but black people as well.  Despite what little my parents were able to provide, they emphasized education to me and my brothers, and told us to try and overcome whatever adversities we faced in life.  I wasn't afforded "white privilege" , nor was I entitled to any affirmative action, since I come from the "ideal minority" - a false perception created by society to show other minorities that it was possible to succeed in this country despite not being white.

I think it's unfortunate that people like to take a divisive stance on race relations, because I think they're all inter-related.  Does racism still exist today? Absolutely.  But to disregard the progress that blacks alone have made in society in the past 30-40 years is ignorant.  Do bad or racist cops exist?  Of course, but you're going to find bad apples in ANY profession, regardless of race.  Suggesting that there are issues within the black community that needs to be addressed IN ADDITION, not in place of, the issues with the police isn't being racist, it's being realistic and practical.  Problem is, people on both sides of the coin are pointing the finger at each other as being the root of the problem when it's a combination of both.

Affirmative Action helps white women more than anything. But anything that helps blacks some will get exaggerated as an advantage for ******

How do you know that you weren't afforded Affirmative Action being Asian?
For starters, there was never any scholarships or grants for Asians like Blacks and Latinos had when I was growing up.  Secondly, schools never adjusted their admissions criteria to allow for the inclusion of more Asians. 

In that regard, read the following article.  

http://nypost.com/2014/07/19/why-nycs-push-to-change-school-admissions-will-punish-poor-asians/

In NYC, there are a number of specialized highschools which you need to take an entrance examination to get into.  Despite the fact that the majority of students in these schools are Asian, who come from lower income immigrant families, Mayor DeBlasio now wants to change the admission criteria because he feels that there are a disproportionate number of Black and Latino students, which he attributes to better preparation opportunities afford to white students, which is complete BS.

I don't pretend to know what it's like to be a young Black male growing up in America today, but I'm sharing with you my own personal experiences growing up Asian in America.  At the end of the day, I believe that people should be striving to overcome whatever adversities they face and make the most of their lives.  That's not to say you ignore that racism still exists today, but I think some people use it as an excuse for the shortcomings in their life.

Last edited:
"Use it as an excuse for shortcomings in their life"

laugh.gif

Asian males for one don't have to face the negative stereotypes a Latino/black male have to face....id rather someone think I was super smart as a first impression than a thug
mean.gif

Can't speak on the nyc school system but it's coming off like *****ing just to be *****ing
Where do you think stereotypes come from?  Aren't you stereotyping Asian males right now?  But then again, you called whites "genetically inferior" and then proceeded to post an article earlier in this thread to suggest that blacks were somehow better than Asians and Native Americans.  
mean.gif

Man shut your crying *** up. I would love to have a positive stereotype like that yet you're crying over it. And blaming blacks/Latinos for opportunities you didn't get? Man what!?

You're just a lost ************ cause all the Asians I know here are flourishing

Article I posted was legitimate research done...I wasn't posting **** from some made up troll site so miss with that ********. Never made a comment about Asians and native Americans. You're just sounding like a child right now. Keep blaming black/Latinos for opportunities you didn't get when affirmative action benefits white women more than any other group.

Last edited:
There are scholarships and grants for Asian Americans

Maybe you didn't know where to pursue them

As far Affirmative Action they don't tell you, you got in because of it

It also depends on what university you are planning on attendance, if you're a Asian American applying to a school in the Texas, you have a better shot than you would applying to one in California

While I agree there are definitely socioeconomic factors to take into consideration, a lot of it has to do with motivation like you said - but that comes from within the home.  No teacher or police officer is going to teach you that.  I'm Asian and grew up poor to immigrant parents who came here not knowing how to speak any English.  The neighborhood I grew up in was what you would consider a lower socioeconomic area.  I grew up facing racism from not only white people, but black people as well.  Despite what little my parents were able to provide, they emphasized education to me and my brothers, and told us to try and overcome whatever adversities we faced in life.  I wasn't afforded "white privilege" , nor was I entitled to any affirmative action, since I come from the "ideal minority" - a false perception created by society to show other minorities that it was possible to succeed in this country despite not being white.

I think it's unfortunate that people like to take a divisive stance on race relations, because I think they're all inter-related.  Does racism still exist today? Absolutely.  But to disregard the progress that blacks alone have made in society in the past 30-40 years is ignorant.  Do bad or racist cops exist?  Of course, but you're going to find bad apples in ANY profession, regardless of race.  Suggesting that there are issues within the black community that needs to be addressed IN ADDITION, not in place of, the issues with the police isn't being racist, it's being realistic and practical.  Problem is, people on both sides of the coin are pointing the finger at each other as being the root of the problem when it's a combination of both.
You need to familiarize your self with the history of Black struggle and oppression in this country. Many minorities have benefited from the gains of the civil rights movement. American racism is based on skin color dating back to slavery. Lighter slaves were afforded  privileges that darker slaves did not benefit from. Look up the Brown paper bag test.  Asians are often seen as less threatening, docile, and plus their skin is lighter than Black people. Thus,  they are  often able to assimilate into American society easier than other minorities, although their are still negative stereotypes associated with Asians like other minority groups. Like you stated the so called "ideal-minority" perception is accepted by many in society, although Africans are actually the most successful immigrants in this country, many people dont realize that fact. I know many Asians who dont live up to the "model minority" stereotype.   But as an Asian you cant compare you experience as a marginalized minority  to A Black individual because your life course and history is totally different. Some Blacks have Parents and Grandparents alive who grew up during segregation.  Even if Asians are viewed by some people in society as the "model minority", Asians really dont have much power in this country. How many Asians are Governors, Congressman, etc? Not many. This country is controlled by Whitemen. I find it funny when other minorities who too dont have any power in this country speak down to Blacks as though the have the room to do so. Its quite funny.l 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom