1988 OG AJ IV. (pics) look! VERY SAD SIGHT

laugh.gif
does anyone remember the one post where someone was talking about howthe Mars Blackmons are his favorite retros ? ridiculous
smh.gif

WOW....RIP....sorry for your loss

BTW...I agree with your statement...
I'd rather WATCH my grandma take a crap...than WATCH womens basketball!!!
WORD!!
smokin.gif

Your first indication that you couldnt wear those was that the airpocket is completely fogged up. Signs you cant wear aj iv: (1.) airpocket is fogged up, (2.)the fingernail test: if you push your fingernail into the midsole around the air pocket and the indented area does not pop out right away, (3.) shoes that arealmost 20 years old and have not been worn much, and lastly (4.) og air jordan iv. I am so sorry to see that. I would probably cry. I wish jb would retro thefire red iv, and make them like the 99 retros instead of the cheap plastic retros we get now.

step your knowledge up before putting on 15 year old shoes that haven't been worn in 10+ years.

sad pics, but a quick search here and they would still look new.

no offense, but u should've done the fingernail test first. however if u just want to try restoring them, u can get one of those Polyurethane Sealants orCaulks. heres the official website: http://www.lepageproducts.com/products/subcategory.asp?CatID=26&SubID=66

u just gotta do it carefully, so it doesn't get too messy. and get some shoe glue, or superglue to stick it back down
i've worn these same OG IVs before, but mine weren't as DS as yours so it wasn't that prone to breaking apart that fast. i caulked it up, and itsstill wearable, but the air bubble got inflated when i touched it kinda like a balloon with too much air, so i just decided to leave it for display for now

DAMN that sucks many. Sorry to hear that.

speaking of which, DOES ANYONE KNOW A WAY OF BREAKING IN A PAIR OF DS 99 IVs SO THE MIDSOLE DOESN'TCRUMBLE? THE MIDSOLES ON MY PAIR SEEM OK, BUT I WANT TO DO EVERYTHING I CAN DO TO MAKE SURE THEY WON'T CRACK WHEN I WEAR THEM.

Thanks.

*Warned: Swearing is not allowed on NT, not even with varied spelling.* - AE

Where did you store them for all that time? Also what is the best room temperature to store kicks in? Like hot, cool, chilled or what?...

Back
Top Bottom