1994 Air Max2... WHEN? Nike PLEASE Make This Happen ASAP!!!

v3i7xmfdzudxsk9lgdv2.jpg
And the light 2 i got back in the days

Well, it looks like you are in luck!

https://niketalk.com/threads/nike-air-max2-light-2019-retro.672558/

Since we got the Air Pressure already and the Air Tech Challenge 4 is officially retroing all I need now to officially walk away FOREVER and never look back is the 1994 Air Max2 in both OG colorways. Why have they never retro'd? This is my absolute favorite air max silhouette EVER and ironically one of the shoes I've never had the pleasure of owning. Nike, PLEASE make this happen NOW!! Who else feels the same??

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

View media item 2126214View media item 2126215
ANY word on this??? From ANY insider or "influencer"? SOMEONE?

Nike, are you reading this???

OK, taking matters into my own hands, I have finally acquired another pair of these beauties.

Back in '08/'09, the first amazing pair I copped crumbled off my feet as I walked one day. Held up pretty good for about a year, though. It was also my first experience with truly vintage kicks. I had no idea about the whole sole thing. I put the crumbled pair up on the bay and they sold for a buck in that condition. And I've regretted it ever since. I woke up around New Years' and vowed I would own them again. IF I could find them. Don't bother with the few guys on the gram who do have them. They know precisely what they have and dead the inquiry with the quickness. Amazingly, after scouring like a mad man, out of the blue, they popped up after I refreshed the screen on the bay! Like, real-time, in my face, buy it now. And I broke my finger hitting the button.

And now, I'm up on the whole sole swap thing. Yes, they will have to have a swap and complete refresh the upper. I will put New Nike Air Max2 light soles on them.

I will mark progress in the old thread. Follow along, or ignore as you please.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

you will probably still see the lines from the OG midsole
when you swap them with the AM2 light midsole, because the shape is different

Duly noted. I'm sending them to Ammosunk. Hopefully, he can get them as good as it can get. Appreciate the insight. You guys def know more about this than me.

Last edited:
nike-air-max-93-nebula-blue-306551-104-1.jpg

nike-air-max-94-retro-comingdrsgtdrgftdrgt.jpg

thats actually not a bad idea, but personally i would go for the AM93/94 midsole so that the shoes will still remain the retro look
Yes, those were definitely on the list. I look at the OG sole and absolutely cringe at having to change it at all. But two considerations play in;

1) I've got to not care about the donor shoe. It would kill me to sacrifice a pair of the above to donate to this shoe. Unless they were ugly and beat as hell, but the sole was great. Those 270s up there look great in that picture, but that upper will look like plastic crap when they are 25 years old. Plus, they pretty much are plastic crap now. But that sole is great.

2) I always considered the Air Max2 to be kind of futuristic. If I MUST change, and can't nail the old sole, then it's growing on me to go with a clean, futuristic, high-quality interpretation. Besides the classics like what you posted above, this search has made me realize just how many crappy mid-level Air Max soles Nike has pumped out. Many look aight on their own, until you do a side-by-side to consider as a replacement for the Air Max2.

3) Not a killer, but if I can pull it off, I'd like to get the donor for the low. Nobody cares or revere those 270s. So there are cheap pairs on the bay right now. People actually care about 93s. "I'' care about 93s. I'll spend if have to nail the right sole, but I'd prefer to catch a pair out here slippin'.

With all that said, can't front on them AM93s.

I think I might be moving more towards the 270 react as a donor sole. More and more likely.
air-max-270-react-se-mens-shoe-tRMF7N (1).jpg
air-max-270-react-se-mens-shoe-tRMF7N.jpg
air-max-270-react-se-mens-shoe-tRMF7N (2).jpg
air-max-270-react-se-mens-shoe-tRMF7N (3).jpg

I like this idea, I was leaning more toward the am93 as a donor for the exact reason @airmaxdpointed out, the 93 sole will do a better job of covering that hump near the heel which will surely expose the glue line using just about any other midsole.

However that 270 bubble really would do the shoe justice. Probably the main reason I held off on getting mine done is having to put some flat window AM retro sole on these. You might be able to cover up the exposed glue with some paint. It would take some work but it might be doable.

Since you brought these up in the RL thread and made me go dig them out and take pics I been considering it more and more. Mine are too clean to not do a swap. Pic for color...

20210209_003950.jpg

I like this idea, I was leaning more toward the am93 as a donor for the exact reason @airmaxdpointed out, the 93 sole will do a better job of covering that hump near the heel which will surely expose the glue line using just about any other midsole.

However that 270 bubble really would do the shoe justice. Probably the main reason I held off on getting mine done is having to put some flat window AM retro sole on these. You might be able to cover up the exposed glue with some paint. It would take some work but it might be doable.

Since you brought these up in the RL thread and made me go dig them out and take pics I been considering it more and more. Mine are too clean to not do a swap. Pic for color...

20210209_003950.jpg
Those are STUPID clean! Crazy. Ammoskunk took one look and said he'll have to paint, regardless. I'm good with it.

One advantage to this 270 sole is that they are PLENTIFUL and VARIETAL! Plenty of on-foot and in-hand reviews on Youtube, so you can see the true colors. Ton's of 'em on the bay, and MAN, some near give-away deals out there - just (of course ) in every size but the size I need. And so many colors. And therein lies the problem.

I'm looking for the perfect shade to compliment the colorway and honor the original bubble. The picture above seemed like a sure-shot, but in natural light pics, it's too opaque, with I do NOT want. I think the bubble too solid looking makes it look like how K-Mart used to put their ripoff versions out with that solid plastic "bubble". That's the problem with these in real life;
air-max-270-react-se-mens-shoe-tRMF7N (1).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

Not totally out of the running, but less so.

I want it much more translucent, but a shade that reps. Thought I had settled on this;
s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

If you look in the back windowpane of the OG, the color inside is an umber/yellow-ish beige. Plus these have the translucency I desire.

But then I saw these;

(Bonus; won't think twice about losing this upper).

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

So, I don't know. I finally had to walk away from the computer, but it'll be one of the above. Probably the beige.

Last edited:
BTW, it should go without saying that the plan is a full restore. The whites, mesh, pull tabs and fabrics will be restored as close as possible to this level of clean.
nike-air-max-2-white-international-blue 2.jpg

Anyone ever see the light blue colorway as pictured below? I never have except in this picture. I found this buried deep in the world wide web. Only one I could find.
R9a6432d025e57343361bf8ac58c485e5.png

Anybody mess with this Ebay "Guaranteed Authentic"? It should be called "Guaranteed Slow!" The seller did their thing shipping the 270's out timely, but then, tracking shows it went from the seller to an "authenticator." Sat there for days. And who the hell is the authenticator? Man, I'm old school, I don't need someone holding my hand buying shoes.

ShippedStep 1 - Completed - Shipped Thu, Feb 25Thu, Feb 25
Authenticated, in transitStep 2 - In Progress - Authenticated, in transit
Out for deliveryStep 3 - Upcoming - Out for delivery
Estimated deliveryStep 4 - Upcoming - Estimated delivery Sat, Mar 6Sat, Mar 6

UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE. These schittz will have a vintage crumbly sole by the time I finally get them.

• Mar 5, 2021
  • 5:29am PST
  • Departed FedEx location
  • KEASBEY, NJ 08832
  • Mar 4, 2021
  • 6:52am PST
  • KEASBEY, NJ 08832
  • Mar 4, 2021
  • 3:47am PST
  • Arrived at FedEx location
  • KEASBEY, NJ 08832
  • Mar 3, 2021
  • 6:08pm PST
  • Left FedEx origin facility
  • MASPETH, NY 11378
  • Mar 3, 2021
  • 4:24pm PST
  • MASPETH, NY 11378
  • Mar 3, 2021
  • 12:59pm PST
  • Picked up
  • MASPETH, NY 11378
  • Mar 3, 2021
  • 7:48am PST
  • Shipment information sent to FedEx
  • Mar 3, 2021
  • 6:51am
  • Tracking number provided

• Item authenticated
  • Feb 26, 2021
  • 11:03am PST
  • Arrived at hub
  • Feb 26, 2021
  • 6:11am PST
  • Out for delivery to hub
  • Feb 26, 2021
  • 5:39am PST
  • At local FedEx facility
  • LONG ISLAND CITY, NY 11101
  • Feb 26, 2021
  • 1:16am PST
  • KEASBEY, NJ 08832
  • Feb 26, 2021
  • 12:06am PST
  • KEASBEY, NJ 08832
  • Feb 25, 2021
  • 6:59pm PST
  • HAGERSTOWN, MD 21740
  • Feb 25, 2021
  • 5:03pm PST
  • HAGERSTOWN, MD 21740
  • Feb 25, 2021
  • 2:57pm PST
  • Picked up
  • HAGERSTOWN, MD 21740
  • Feb 25, 2021
  • 11:50am PST
  • In FedEx possession
  • FREDERICK, MD 21701
  • Feb 24, 2021
  • 7:26am PST
  • Shipment information sent to FedEx
  • Feb 24, 2021
  • 9:19am
  • Tracking number provided

From now on, I'm going out of my way on Ebay to make sure authenticity is NOT guaranteed. This is so stupid. Been buyin' kicks since the late 80's, now my sneaker purchase is "woke", with Ebay "protecting me" from fakes and that e-vile Dr. Suess as well. FOH!

Anyone ever see the light blue colorway as pictured below? I never have except in this picture. I found this buried deep in the world wide web. Only one I could find.
R9a6432d025e57343361bf8ac58c485e5.png

Ive never seen the womens version but I had both mens versions. Unfortunately the teal pair got messed up when I cleaned em so I ended up getting rid of them. One of my worst rookie mistakes. They werent nearly as hard to find back then though.

Ive never seen the womens version but I had both mens versions. Unfortunately the teal pair got messed up when I cleaned em so I ended up getting rid of them. One of my worst rookie mistakes. They werent nearly as hard to find back then though.
I just realized that is an EastBay page, and I lived by that EastBay catalogue back then. SO I did in fact see it, but have forgotten after all this time.

Well, I'll be damned. Just checked tracking 8:00 pm on a Sunday night to see where the shoe would be in the morning, and the joints been sitting on my front doorstep since 8:45 am! Good thing I live in the kind of neighborhood where someone would bring me the package if it was delivered wrong.

Quick flicks; will expound later.
IMG_1487[1].JPG
IMG_1488[1].JPG
IMG_1489[1].JPG

PS: Ebay is trying to go "full concierge service" with this authenticating thing.

Last view before I pack them up to ship to AmmoSkunk in Texas.

IMG_1494.JPG
IMG_1495.JPG
IMG_1496.JPG
IMG_1497.JPG
IMG_1498.JPG

Yeah, yeah, I see the hairs in the OG insoles. But hey, the joints are 27 years old. I'll clean them up and put them away and use the 270 insoles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom