1994 Air Max2... WHEN? Nike PLEASE Make This Happen ASAP!!!

Costs to date;

Shoes:
-OG VTG 1994 AIR MAX2: $55.00* (plus $12.80 shipping)
-2019 Nike AIR MAX 270 React Mid Century Modern: $100.00 (free shipping!)
-$168.80 total

AmmoSkunk Services:

-$140.00 sole swap
-$20.00 return shipping
-$6.00 invoice fees
-$166.00 total

Grand Total: $334.80

Turnaround is end of April/early May.

*(NOT a typo. I caught the entire internets slippin' on this one. Plus, the seller knew what he had, at that! Put the whole history of the shoe in his ad!)

270 React Fun Facts;

See-through.

IMG_1499.JPG

Might grab another pair on the cheap for just goofing around the house.

Well, dude stopped answering his gram or emails, but he picks up the phone on first ring. When was the last time that happened? Said next couple of weeks he'll be done with 'em for sure. He said he'd have everything on his shelf done by then.

Let's see what happens.

The long siiiiigggghhh continues. Dude sent me a lengthy text last night in reply to my last update request. Short version, he was supposed to have summer help coming to help him clear his work bench, and the help flaked. He said he has 11 game-worn pair that are his top priority and the new help screwed his schedule all up. Offered to refund me and send the shoes back. I told him keep 'em and I'll wait.

My thing is this; from the moment I said "go" to myself, and then chose a world renowned dude, I looked at it like an art curation and expected the things to be gone six or more months. I came in for the long haul, so I wish he would have just played it safe and set an "October 2021" timeframe or something. I'd have been straight. The only reason I was doing periodic reach-outs was based off the timeframes he was giving me.

This morning, I told him I'll check back in September, and, even then, he was like, "Oh no, no where near that long, I'll still have them out by end of July." STOP doing that! That's where he's muckin' up. He shoulda been like, "Yeah, September! Actually, October!" And then if he cleared them in July, it seems like a bonus* He sent me a short vid of my shoes in the box, and the ones of the shelf ahead of them. No way he's going to have them by the end of July.

*Fun fact: In one of the Star Trek movies, Scotty actually used this method to fix the Enterprise's engines. He explained to Levar Burton that this is how he pulled off all those miracle fixes. Captain Kirk would ask Scotty how long did he need to get the engines back up before they all die a horrible death? Scotty would size up the situation and say he needed four hours. Kirk would reply back, "OK, you got two." Scotty would get them up in 1.5 hour, and once again, look like a miracle worker. What he never told Kirk is that all he ever needed is ONE hour to begin with. When asked, Levar Burton was giving Captain Piccard actual time frames, and Scotty told him to cut that schitz out.

Life lessons; take 'em where you can find them. When this is all over, I'm going to send the above to Justin Ammoskunk.

Last edited:
Thats unfortunate but im sure pretty common with the bigger name customizers. I've been looking foward to seeing the finished product.

On another note, just seen the new AM 2021s and thinking i might use them as a donor sole for my pair. Just not sure if the blues will match up.

Thats unfortunate but im sure pretty common with the bigger name customizers. I've been looking foward to seeing the finished product.

On another note, just seen the new AM 2021s and thinking i might use them as a donor sole for my pair. Just not sure if the blues will match up.
Interesting indeed!

air-max-2021-mens-shoes-8F4Sk5.jpg

The long siiiiigggghhh continues. Dude sent me a lengthy text last night in reply to my last update request. Short version, he was supposed to have summer help coming to help him clear his work bench, and the help flaked. He said he has 11 game-worn pair that are his top priority and the new help screwed his schedule all up. Offered to refund me and send the shoes back. I told him keep 'em and I'll wait.

My thing is this; from the moment I said "go" to myself, and then chose a world renowned dude, I looked at it like an art curation and expected the things to be gone six or more months. I came in for the long haul, so I wish he would have just played it safe and set an "October 2021" timeframe or something. I'd have been straight. The only reason I was doing periodic reach-outs was based off the timeframes he was giving me.

This morning, I told him I'll check back in September, and, even then, he was like, "Oh no, no where near that long, I'll still have them out by end of July." STOP doing that! That's where he's muckin' up. He shoulda been like, "Yeah, September! Actually, October!" And then if he cleared them in July, it seems like a bonus* He sent me a short vid of my shoes in the box, and the ones of the shelf ahead of them. No way he's going to have them by the end of July.

*Fun fact: In one of the Star Trek movies, Scotty actually used this method to fix the Enterprise's engines. He explained to Levar Burton that this is how he pulled off all those miracle fixes. Captain Kirk would ask Scotty how long did he need to get the engines back up before they all die a horrible death? Scotty would size up the situation and say he needed four hours. Kirk would reply back, "OK, you got two." Scotty would get them up in 1.5 hour, and once again, look like a miracle worker. What he never told Kirk is that all he ever needed is ONE hour to begin with. When asked, Levar Burton was giving Captain Piccard actual time frames, and Scotty told him to cut that schitz out.

Life lessons; take 'em where you can find them. When this is all over, I'm going to send the above to Justin Ammoskunk.

This breakdown was hilariously 100% accurate. I seriously cannot understand why he would do that and KEEPS doing it. Even without the Star Trek comparison I was like WTF?? Why is he STILL promising unrealistic turn arounds :lol:

Finally! Progress…
1392BE10-E541-4AD3-AE2A-1355552E6066.jpeg

“What’s up man. I’ll have those finished over the next week or two at most. Not many left on the shelf & have the donors apart.

I do apologize for the timing. My niece was supposed to work this summer & bailed which threw me off.

I sent some people refunds to get out from under them. On yours you had sought out the donor specific so I was going to finish them over refunding.

I had started to text you when I got the donor apart but got sidetracked “

01-03-2022:

Me:
“Hey Justin, how we looking on the shoes? I just tried to call you.”

Him:
“Hey man, I’ll have those shipped by or before Saturday. Sorry had a lot going on during the holidays but just about done with them & others.”

We’ll seeeeeee…

Me:

01-11-2022

“Hey, Justin, just checking to see if you got a chance to ship the Air Max2 out yet?”

01-12-2022
Hey, Justin, just checking to see if you got a chance to ship the Air Max2 out yet? Please let me know what’s up. Thanks!

Him:

“I didn’t quite get them done but about yo today. Just got to clean the top of the soles & then can glue it. They’ll be ready to mail tomorrow”

“They will line up well. Wont show any of the old glue line with these soles. “
4FEE28E8-F7C1-4A5D-A140-4B9CA8FD9153.jpeg
C93210D8-C4BF-4376-9870-5D202D707BCE.jpeg

We’ll seeeeeeee….

Nothing will ever equal the OG sole, but this is looking pretty natural.

At this pace, I should get 'em by the 2024 Presidential election.

Last edited:
“ Just stuck them together. Need to touch up a couple spots & clean them afterwards. Pretty cool!
My hands were full. Yeah they look they were made that way. Good combo
So I was just going to freshen up the white so it matches & all done.

You mind confirming your shipping address for me?”
2A9E50E5-821C-4566-8748-35FE1B862E7E.jpeg
79380CC2-3FE4-4ACB-93D5-779F3FBDAFEB.jpeg
B60F74B8-EA00-48AE-8200-BE036D90F294.jpeg
58BA5A29-8116-463C-A3EA-737EEC9A5A10.jpeg

That dude is whack and has no idea how to run a business lol, just set a reasonable time expectation for yourself and the customer instead of always saying, “oh they’re alsmost done!!!” for months :smh:

The shoes look good though l!

That dude is whack and has no idea how to run a business lol, just set a reasonable time expectation for yourself and the customer instead of always saying, “oh they’re alsmost done!!!” for months :smh:

The shoes look good though l!
I can't say I disagree. He's a good dude, but he doesn't know time management/customer service. He's the type of creative who needs a business manager out front.

They look really good. But all that hassle you went thru makes me second guess getting mine done.
Well, step one is; don't use this guy. Or; use this guy, but go in knowing you won't see your shoes for a year, (but the work will be excellent).

Seriously, there are a lot of guys out there and the business is booming, especially since the NBA cats with crazy bread done jumped in the game. I researched the hell out of who to go with. The thing I didn't do is check references. Ask your potential re-soler for some references, or find someone posted up in his gram and DM them for their experience. Don't let my experience dissuade you. In fact, I feel I have a whole new lane open to me now. Probably (?) just not with him again.

I will say this, I have yet to see a report of him ripping anybody off. You either get your shoes or you get a full refund and source materials back. So, trustworthiness is a factor. But I'm going to explore around first.

As for the shoes, I am stunned at just how factory-direct it looks, and I spent mind-numbing hours trying to match that sole in my mind's eye. GOT 'EM. My only, only gripe is that NOTHING will ever be more perfect than that OG sole and bubbles, and I could choke Nike for making me have to mess with perfection.

In-hand pics when they are received.

Last edited:
02--02-2022:

Him:
So I was just going to freshen up the white so it matches & all done.
You mind confirming your shipping address for me?

Me:
Sure, it's 123 ABC LMNOP Street...

02-02-2022

Me:
Hey Justin, can you give me a heads up when these ship and a tracking number? Gotta try to stay a step ahead of the porch pirates!

02-15-2022
Me:
Hey Justin, can you give me a heads up when these ship and a tracking number? Gotta try to stay a step ahead of the porch pirates!

Him:
Hey Man, I’ll get them shipped out tomorrow & shoot you the tracking.

Me:
Cool, man! I can’t wait to see them!

02-21-2022
Me:
Hey Justin, did you ever get a chance to ship out?

02-23-2022
Me:
Hey Justin, did you ever get a chance to ship out?

03-02-2022
Me:
Hey Justin, it’s ya manz Famous with 1994 Nike Air Max2. I just tried to call you. I would appreciate if you hit me back and can you give me a heads up when these ship and a tracking number? We last spoke on Feb 15 and you said they were shipping out the next day. I just need to check on where they are. Thanks a lot, man.

Him:
Hey man, I’ll have a tracking number for you today. Sorry for the delay
95108110012220617LMNOP

O3-02-2022
Him:
Sent usps with signature.
If you have any problems with then lmk. Had to glue the front part again bc I tried whitening the mesh but some came loose when washing it off. That’s why I didn’t ship the other week.

Me:
Okay. Thanks so much again!

Him
You’re welcome man. Very cool shoes & glad I got to complete them for you!

Forgot to include these so will ship them.
6E0A319D-F3C9-45CA-A08C-2A9B9B9C5159.jpeg

I put the soles in the box tho.

Me:
Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate that and recommend you highly!

03-04-2022
Me:
Got ‘em! Phenomenal! You did a bunch of little cleaning that I didn’t even expect as part of the deal. My man, YOU are the real deal. Thanks, Justin!

Him:
Nice! That was a quick delivery. I did clean them & tried to clean the mesh Glad you got them & liked them. If you have any issues let me know. Thanks for waiting. I’ll post them this weekend

Present time:

Let me say this; Pics don't do these ANY justice.
F496FF41-0297-44F5-8D1C-A87B68CD03F4.jpeg

D27E063D-F427-4CE9-9B32-D92D5F5E7244.jpeg

I just wanted him to slap the sole on and send 'em back. I was going to send them off to someone else for the deep clean restore. But he did it himself. He put in insoles AND laces, (I held all that [OG and donor], back to reinsert when I got them back ). These are now pretty much frankmatthews frankmatthews clean. I was gonna do all that myself, and it was never implied that it was a part of what I was paying for.

It's been a looooong, Covid-era journey that I will never forget, but the dude made up for e'rything when I cracked that package open.

Proceed ye forth, armed with my tale. May its legend live long.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom