1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers Appreciation....Greatest College FB Team Ever

73-14 IOWA ST
Pure luck.

No sense debating between Nebraska and Miami. Most of NT was too young to watch Nebraska play and are also basing their choice of Miami by the success some ofthe Miami players have had in the NFL. Both were great teams.

R.I.P. Brook Berringer
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by isu42

73-14 IOWA ST
Pure luck.

No sense debating between Nebraska and Miami. Most of NT was too young to watch Nebraska play and are also basing their choice of Miami by the success some of the Miami players have had in the NFL. Both were great teams.
That's also why I say Washington's 1991 team is the most underrated of all time. They had to split a national title because they played inthe NW and nobody paid attention, and nobody on NT is old enough to really remember them. They outscored opponents 495-115 that season, and the only reasonthey gave up that many points is because they took their starters out by the second half of almost every game. Their toughest games were on the road, wherethey beat 9-3 Nebraska and 10-2 Cal. Steve Emtman even finished 6th in Heisman voting as a defensive tackle.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by isu42

73-14 IOWA ST
Pure luck.

No sense debating between Nebraska and Miami. Most of NT was too young to watch Nebraska play and are also basing their choice of Miami by the success some of the Miami players have had in the NFL. Both were great teams.
That's also why I say Washington's 1991 team is the most underrated of all time. They had to split a national title because they played in the NW and nobody paid attention, and nobody on NT is old enough to really remember them. They outscored opponents 495-115 that season, and the only reason they gave up that many points is because they took their starters out by the second half of almost every game. Their toughest games were on the road, where they beat 9-3 Nebraska and 10-2 Cal. Steve Emtman even finished 6th in Heisman voting as a defensive tackle.

I'm giving my age here, but I remember that 1991 Washington team...They beat Nebraska @ home that year and it took 10 years for that to happenagain (Thanks to Ricky Williams and Major Applewhite)....Mario Bailey mocking Desmond Howard was classic..

Canes had more talent, but that Nebraska team was scary. I gotta call it even.

FSU in 93 was pretty nice too, but I guess the loss at ND takes them out of the equation.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

57-0 MISSOURI
I remember this. Just like the kick ball in 1997 I believe?

The main thing I remember about this team was this man (criminal):

nfl_a_phillips_580.jpg

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

He was supposed to turn the Rams around. It's almost good that he didn't, because then there might not have been Marshall and probably no Championship.

like someone said above the 2001 hurricanes sleepwalked through some games..

but some of ya'll really believe that if that 2001 hurricanes team was motivated they wouldn't crush an option team?

with a defense that had vince wilfork, jerome mcdougle and william joseph on the defensive line

then jonathen vilma and d.j. williams at linebacker

and ed reed and sean taylor at safety?!?!?!?!

don't even considering throwing on that team with mike rump, philip buchanon and antrel rolle

the 2001 hurricanes had one weakness in my opinion and that was it's QB.. aside from that, it was great at everything else (OL, DL, TE, RB, WR & DB)

If '01 Miami has a real coach then it's not a question IMo. But since Ed Reed and Dorsey basically coached the sqaud themselves it's kinda hard tosay. Being a player-coach aint that easy. Larry Coker held that '01 team back from being as dominant as they should have been in '01 and repeating in'02.

Still, people actin like we scraped by every week.
laugh.gif

We outscored folk like 521-117 or somethin stupid like that. Didn't we do Syracuse and Washington back to back 60 to nothin and 56 - 7? lol And theywere ranked teams.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

We scraped by VT, but were up by 16-17 points late in the 4th before they got that blocked punt and another quick TD to make it close.

Miami killed most teams that season, I think we had 2 games that were close, VT and BC. (The Ed Reed game)

Nebraska played every single game at home except like 4. Of course they beat everyone handily.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That Miami team was as stacked as we'll ever see for some time I'm sure. Thing is though how many of them dudes were freshman who rarely or neverplayed? (I can't recall with certainty). I mean, it's cool to read say 6 NFL RBs on one roster and go
eek.gif
. But they're only playin maybe two or three for that particular year
laugh.gif

Dont get me wrong though, that starting lineup was a damn all start team in itself.

Nebraska during that run was disgusting no matter how you slice it, god I hated watching them win.

The huskers could beat the canes by running the ball and controlling the game , and frazier could throw the rock or run it.

No one came close to them that year. so how can the U be better ?

i also think the old bama , Texas , Ou , and FSU teams got something to sat bout the 01 canes also.

there is no 1 true great team. i mean my 05 longhorns came in and beat the "greatest SC" team of all time.

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

The huskers could beat the canes by running the ball and controlling the game , and frazier could throw the rock or run it.

i also think the old bama , Texas , Ou , and FSU teams got something to sat bout the 01 canes also.

there is no 1 true great team. i mean my 05 longhorns came in and beat the "greatest SC" team of all time.
roll.gif
I guess anyone could just come in and beat them huh?

And Frasier ain't throwin nothin, be real. Might as well say Dorsey would start runnin the option for that game.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

laugh.gif

Nebraska wouldn't even try to put the ball in the air against that Canes team. If they beat them, they beat them running the option.

And to the person who said Ken Dorsey was the only weakness on the Canes team, you realize he was a Heisman finalist right...?

jrd6aw.jpg

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

the 2001 hurricanes had one weakness in my opinion and that was it's QB..
What?

look how good the canes were at every position.. and at arguably the most important position they had ken dorsey

compared to everything else on that team.. that is a weakness.. he was a college trent dilfer

What?

look how good the canes were at every position.. and at arguably the most important position they had ken dorsey

compared to everything else on that team.. that is a weakness.. he was a college trent dilfer

He was like 30 - 2 as a starter man.
laugh.gif

As soon as he left, the team has never been the same.
ohwell.gif

What?

He owns a bunch of the Miami passing records, won NCAA QB of the year twice, finished 3rd in Heisman voting and won the Maxwell award. What areyou not understanding?

heisman doesn't mean anything.. hell eric crouch and jason white have both won heismans

my point is.. that in relation to the rest of that team, he was the weak point

and the team was not the same because they lost ALOT of talented dudes.. and then some of the guys that came in never worked out

and the reason i compared him to trent dilfer is because at no point was he asked to go out and win a game.. all that team needed was for him not to messthings up

all i can remember thinking while watching that team is what would it have been like if they had a dude who would actually end being a starting QB in the NFL

as a UM fan i know i sound ungratefully.. but hell, i can admit that if i'm passing the ball to jordan or bird i'm pretty sure i'll get a TON ofassists

heisman doesn't mean anything.. hell eric crouch and jason white have both won heismans

my point is.. that in relation to the rest of that team, he was the weak point

and the team was not the same because they lost ALOT of talented dudes.. and then some of the guys that came in never worked out

and the reason i compared him to trent dilfer is because at no point was he asked to go out and win a game.. all that team needed was for him not to mess things up

all i can remember thinking while watching that team is what would it have been like if they had a dude who would actually end being a starting QB in the NFL

as a UM fan i know i sound ungratefully.. but hell, i can admit that if i'm passing the ball to jordan or bird i'm pretty sure i'll get a TON of assists

You out your damn mind if you think he was a weak point
laugh.gif

You can make an argument that he was one of the top 5 or 10 QB's ever in college football history....cmon son
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom