$200 for Jordan III-VI with Nike Air?

Nike Air shouldn't cost more just because of the symbol. It should be there because that's how they were originally. I don't see why JB needs to tweak details on retros to differentiate them from OG's other than to irk customers.. The shoe tag should be sufficient to differentiate an OG from a retro.

laugh.gif

The prices are gonna go up and we still won't get Nike Air. And the shoes will still sell out. Because JB doesn't care about "nostalgia" or the "OG enthusiasts". They want kids to buy their sneakers and now, the kids will buy anything with a Jumpman.

I don't understand why y'all think Nike Air is ever coming back. If you were Michael Jordan and had your own logo, why would you use anything else on your own shoe?

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

laugh.gif

The prices are gonna go up and we still won't get Nike Air. And the shoes will still sell out. Because JB doesn't care about "nostalgia" or the "OG enthusiasts". They want kids to buy their sneakers and now, the kids will buy anything with a Jumpman.

I don't understand why y'all think Nike Air is ever coming back. If you were Michael Jordan and had your own logo, why would you use anything else on your own shoe?
Amen.

That picture makes me hate even more the "tech gray" 4's that are coming out next year. Seriously that shoe is just an embarrassing retro. If they made exact OG replicas (color and shape and Nike Air on back) then yes I'd definitely pay $200. Hell people are willing to shell out damn near $200 for 11's and those have the worst quality. So I don't know why everyone is so up in arms over this idea. 

I brought this topic up because I truly believe the Nike Air with OG quality will return one day. That being said, we (the consumer) will pay for it. I can see as much as $225 per retro and they will fly thru the roof!

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Get over the whole Nike Air thing

That doesn't make or break the shoe
These dudes will never get over it my dude. Just like AirRodney said in this thread, and I've said countless times, MJ isn't putting that damn Nike Air on his shoes. 
That man has to push his brand. 

To all those pissing and moaning about Nike Air, would you put another mans logo on your product when you are trying to make that money? 

JB releasaes have to compete with other Nike products. If he slapped Nike Air on every shoe still, do you think JB would hold its recognition as its own brand?

This +$@! ain't about nostalgia, this +$@! is about money. At the end of the day it may be a hobby to us, but its a damn business to them. 

Get with it or shut up. 

I do agree 100% with what most of you are saying; it's a business. If it were my brand, my shoes and I had my very own logo, I'd never even think of using my competitors logo. BUT the truth is, JB constantly flirts with the idea of bringing Nike Air back in its retros. Just look at the Banned 1's. I could understand if they removed every easpect of Nike from their products, but they don't.
Honestly, I could care less if they brought it back on a regular basis. I'm perfectly fine with an extremely limited run of exact replicas. Close to the production of the BIN series or even Laser IV production numbers. I'd pay $400 for a brand new shoe that I can wear everyday and not have to worry about breaking in the middle of the street, rather than paying that for a pair that's going to crumble if you look in its direction.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining per-se, I'd just just a limited run of replicas. You don't even have to sell them in stores; pull a McFly and release them on eBay for all I care. I know I'd still walk away with my size.

P.s.
I definitely feel that one day, when it's all said and done, and kids have moves on to the premiere player of they're own generation, JB will have no choice but to pull out all stops. They will eventually bring it back. It's only a matter of time (just don't be fooled and think that with Nike Air on the back, comes a good quality product). - I hope they read this and have similar ideas. Just hope they save it for a limited release and include the NA and quality in the same shoe.

Charge a xtra 50+ just to change the lettering on the stamp machine...?

indifferent.gif

Already bad enough in 2001, cements were only 100 bucks... now 160.
tired.gif

Give it another couple of years and the retros will be $200 anyway ...but Nike Air and good quality? Nah, that's never coming back.

Originally Posted by mrfantasticj

I do agree 100% with what most of you are saying; it's a business. If it were my brand, my shoes and I had my very own logo, I'd never even think of using my competitors logo. BUT the truth is, JB constantly flirts with the idea of bringing Nike Air back in its retros. Just look at the Banned 1's. I could understand if they removed every easpect of Nike from their products, but they don't.
Honestly, I could care less if they brought it back on a regular basis. I'm perfectly fine with an extremely limited run of exact replicas. Close to the production of the BIN series or even Laser IV production numbers. I'd pay $400 for a brand new shoe that I can wear everyday and not have to worry about breaking in the middle of the street, rather than paying that for a pair that's going to crumble if you look in its direction.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining per-se, I'd just just a limited run of replicas. You don't even have to sell them in stores; pull a McFly and release them on eBay for all I care. I know I'd still walk away with my size.

P.s.
I definitely feel that one day, when it's all said and done, and kids have moves on to the premiere player of they're own generation, JB will have no choice but to pull out all stops. They will eventually bring it back. It's only a matter of time (just don't be fooled and think that with Nike Air on the back, comes a good quality product). - I hope they read this and have similar ideas. Just hope they save it for a limited release and include the NA and quality in the same shoe.
Ah  yes, but Nike as a whole has a problem with saying stupid %%@+ that gets customers on their toes. For instance, the Air Mag. All over the Nike Mag thread, dudes were really gullible enough to take a joke that Tinker said about the Mags releasing in 2015 and guys in there really typed out long elaborate essays about how they really think they will release. 
Nike does stuff like that to cats all the time. Just as the Air Mag is never releasing again, the Nike Air logo will NEVER be on a pair of Jordan ever again. 

The Banned 1's were a special case for one major reasoning. IT HAS A GIGANTIC NIKE SWOOSH ON THE SIDE. What can JB do against that? Remove the logo? Take off essentially is the biggest design element of that sneaker? No, it was Nike's first shoe for MJ and it will remain that way. That shoe is above the law. MJ paid the fines to wear it back in 85, and even in 2011 the shoe gets its way with the Nike Air branding. 

And you're wylin' fam by saying you'd pay $400 for some shoes that you can wear everyday without falling apart. Son, I can wear any of my retro's every day and they'll stay in perfect condition. Then to go on to say you'd be ok with an Air Mag type of ebay release for Jordan releases? 

Are you high? Who in their right mind would pay that much and go through all of that?

Some of you dudes expect too much out of a pair of shoes. 

Why spend $400 when you can buy two pairs for $320 + tax and wear one until they become beaters and rock the 2nd pair from then on?

Where is the logic? 

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Get over the whole Nike Air thing

That doesn't make or break the shoe

This.Sometimes I wish the Banned 1s didn't happen....it gave y'all false hope.

Giving yall quality shoes for $200 is going to cut into their bottom line. I'm not saying it won't ever happen but highly unlikely. People be eating these garbage retro up already. There's no need to change the jordan brand business model.

let me say this ..........

i can see nike air coming back just like everything else

after jordan has reretroed everything so many time's and has nowhere to go with the signature line

he will have to come up with another way to get things pumped back up   and

thats when we will get it , and the way thing are going it mite not be that far off

if you look at the last few years , we have gotten and are getting all of the hot og colorways that we want

and alot of them over and over so pretty soon jb  will be left with not alot of  options .

yes he has the new 2000 series thing going but they are not really all that unless you put a limited on the tag

most people only want jordans 1-14 and #23 of the signature line anyway so jordan will get nowhere with retroing 15-22

yes there is a few pairs in the # 15-22 line that people like but not alot and yes jordan will hit us up with a few new colorways but

the bottomline is most people want retro's from #'s 1-14 and when jordan wears that out (and its getting close)

what will he do , wear will he go , will  he give us that fusion crap again or the team jordans again 

most people are not into the 2000  series really hardcore like the retro's 

and yes that series will still do ok as long as we get limited tags on them and some decent colorways but

its not going to give jordan nation  what they really want and that is  OG colorway on there retro's

if you take a look at the last few year we have gotten almost every og colorway we have wanted 

there is not much more left to retro that hasnt been done all ready

maybe the rest of the city series 10's to go with the chicago's this year
or
maroon and september 6's
or
the snake skin 11 lows or the white/red and white/carolina blue 11 lows

anyway , IMO, i think when it comes down to it and jordan brand has retroed everything they can 2-3 and even 4 times

then they will give us the NIKE AIR on the back and , yes they will be limited editions and  , yes they will be sold for more $

and yes we will get mad , and yes we will still pay the price no matter what it is

its all a matter of time people...................................................................peace23

Originally Posted by PRIME

P.s.
Ah  yes, but Nike as a whole has a problem with saying stupid %%@+ that gets customers on their toes. For instance, the Air Mag. All over the Nike Mag thread, dudes were really gullible enough to take a joke that Tinker said about the Mags releasing in 2015 and guys in there really typed out long elaborate essays about how they really think they will release. 
Nike does stuff like that to cats all the time. Just as the Air Mag is never releasing again, the Nike Air logo will NEVER be on a pair of Jordan ever again. 

The Banned 1's were a special case for one major reasoning. IT HAS A GIGANTIC NIKE SWOOSH ON THE SIDE. What can JB do against that? Remove the logo? Take off essentially is the biggest design element of that sneaker? No, it was Nike's first shoe for MJ and it will remain that way. That shoe is above the law. MJ paid the fines to wear it back in 85, and even in 2011 the shoe gets its way with the Nike Air branding. 

And you're wylin' fam by saying you'd pay $400 for some shoes that you can wear everyday without falling apart. Son, I can wear any of my retro's every day and they'll stay in perfect condition. Then to go on to say you'd be ok with an Air Mag type of ebay release for Jordan releases? 

Are you high? Who in their right mind would pay that much and go through all of that?

Why spend $400 when you can buy two pairs for $320 + tax and wear one until they become beaters and rock the 2nd pair from then on?

Where is the logic? 
Well, let me start off by saying that it would be very reckless if JB ever takes off the Nike swoosh on the retro Is. That won't happen.

I think what people are talking about with the Nike logos on the Banned Is is that there is Nike Air on the tounge and a Nike swoosh on the sole of the shoes just like the OG, whereas newer Jordan I releases would have Jordan logos in those spots.

Originally Posted by PRIME

P.s.

Where is the logic? 

Yes, if Nike wanted to, they CAN remove the giant Swoosh on the side of the AJ1. It's their shoe, not Michaels. Also, Mike didn't pay the fines, NIKE did.

You're REALLY complaining about $400??? Son, people pay that for old $%! retros that WILL crumble no matter what you may think. Your shoes might not because you've probably had them on deck since day one (as have I). But go ahead and buy a pair of 99' retro 4's off ebay and see what happens when you rock em a few times. It's inevitable. These things have experation dates on them because of the matierials used.
Persoanlly, if you don't have the kind of bank to spend $400 and anything thats considered and EXCESS (yes, shoes are considered an excesss expense when you have as many as we all do), then you shouldn't be going after them. I am very much aware what I can buy and what I can't buy. It's the difference between my 560xi and a Lamborghini Murcielago; I know I can't afford the latter, but a BMW is surly within my price range. Point is if you want something, and can afford it, go for it; if not, don't stress it.
Don't get it twisted, this is not bragging, I'm simply trying to make the point that are will always be things that are unobtainable. I can live with the fact that I will probably never be able to afford a fine Italian sports car, but at least it exsists and if I ever hit the lotto, I CAN buy it.
With JB ignoring what it's consumers want, they are denying us the option.
I get it, it's a business, and the goal of a business is to make a profit, something JB is doing very well. But remember, they're production costs are in the CENTS!!! If they released a limited number of high quality shoes (every few months even), it would take JB to a whole new level in the US while also making some serious noise in the Euro market. Cause let's face it, when kids in your classroom are rocking LV/Gucci sneakers to school, do you really want to be the one rocking some paint-chipping-banana-shapped-made-in-china kicks? (Not to offend anyone with that last statement, I just mean cheap, generically made things that are mass produced instead of something that has been meticulously crafted).

Nike Air came back in 2011 with the banned 1's.

Certainly makes a black & white argument against it ever coming back more difficult I would think.
But if that's your stance, you overlook the banned release or rationlize it by saying it wasn't supposed to happen.
Well it did.

Threads like these are the reason why Jordan Brand feels they can charge rape prices just for making an inexpensive change.

Back
Top Bottom