2002 WCFs Kings vs Lakers Game 6: "The Greatest Tragedy in Sports" YouTube vid'

Lakers 2002 NBA Championship*
Kobe Bryant's 3 Rings*

yeah, sure kings still had to win game 7..... there shouldn't have been one. but whatever.....

Originally Posted by ZoomJay25

so what you lost

cry about......or continue to......
This again?
Lakers won. Get over it. Refs are part of the game.

I guess the same thing should be said about Laker fans crying about Steve Nash winning the MVP over Kobe.

I've lived in LA my WHOLE life and was watching Magic and Showtime when i was 6 years old. I LOVED the lakers. But now? Simply because of the fans... i have just lost all the love i had for that team growing up. Now, i just watch basketball... i dont really have a favorite team anymore.

The Kings were robbed. Plain and simple. I don't blame the Lakers they were just playing the same game, but Sacramento was the better team. They just had two opponents in that series.
So why'd they lose at home in game 7? That was a fair game and they had home court to close out the Lakers.

Sure, game 6 was bad. But you can't knock the Lakers for that. You can knock the refs and the NBA, but not the Lakers.

The only thing that rigged game 6 proved was turning game 7 into a one game playoff, which the Kings lost, at home.

Originally Posted by parada45

Kings got screwed everyone knows it.

Us complaining ain't gonna change anything.
it would be great if one day, the secret gets leaked out and we look back at an era where games and records were not legit....kinda likewhat's happening to baseball. unfortunately, the NBA isn't as dumb as baseball and stern isn't as dumb as selig so we will never know thetruth.....

Originally Posted by Flowsomuch

so what you lost

cry about......or continue to......
This again?
Lakers won. Get over it. Refs are part of the game.

I guess the same thing should be said about Laker fans crying about Steve Nash winning the MVP over Kobe.

I've lived in LA my WHOLE life and was watching Magic and Showtime when i was 6 years old. I LOVED the lakers. But now? Simply because of the fans... i have just lost all the love i had for that team growing up. Now, i just watch basketball... i dont really have a favorite team anymore.

The Kings were robbed. Plain and simple. I don't blame the Lakers they were just playing the same game, but Sacramento was the better team. They just had two opponents in that series.
So why'd they lose at home in game 7? That was a fair game and they had home court to close out the Lakers.

Sure, game 6 was bad. But you can't knock the Lakers for that. You can knock the refs and the NBA, but not the Lakers.

The only thing that rigged game 6 proved was turning game 7 into a one game playoff, which the Kings lost, at home.

--Agreed. Game 6 was rigged IMO. Not by the Lakers, but by the refs/league.
--Kings had a chance in game 7 but they didnt capitilize on homecourt advantage like I said earlier.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

There were plenty of bad calls, but videos like this make it seem worse by taking it out of context.

A few bad calls went in the Kings' favor as well. Since they were the ones that got "shafted," those calls aren't scrutinized. If the video included those, the playing field wouldn't appear as lopsided as it does.
There are also a few calls that aren't so bad in these videos (the kind you still see today without claims of fixing), but appear worse because of the context of the clip.
The refs were obviously favoring teams in a lot of these games - but it wasn't always the Lakers. My guess is that IF there was fixing going on, it was in games 1-6 to force 7 (especially in 6, to make a full series a reality), which was officiated very well, at least for a modern NBA game.

The moral: Don't rely on these videos or your memories. If you want to discuss these bad calls, you should watch the games in their entirety first.
Agreed for the most part, but watching the 'highlight' (or lowlight i guess) clip really evoked the same emotions i experienced when iwatched the game live
smh.gif
. The emotions were pain and agony; felt like i was pinned to the wall and had someone kicking me in the balls over and over again, ormaybe i was stuck in one of those traps in the Saw movies. I felt like throwing my lap top out the window watching that clip......so for me that clip wasenough to remind me of the game.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Shaq straight clotheslined dude . If that would have happened to Kobe , the refs probably would have cried .
QFT......but in all fairness he did go for the ball it seemed and maybe just kinda hit him cuz Funderburke is a girl.
That call that Kobe got on that fast break lay up when Pollard breathed on him
mad.gif
and the play preceeding that, that led to the fast break
mad.gif
sick.gif
borderline laughable
laugh.gif

If it was anybody else but Lawrence Funderburke it would have been a flagarent
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

That was good comedy.

So, I'm expected to nitpick Game 6 and overlook Game 5?

I'm expected to consider Bibby holding Kobe to the extent that Kobe has to do a linemanesque swim move to get free an offensive foul on Kobe in Game 6, butBobby Jackson pulling Kobe's jersey out of his shorts and not being called for a foul acceptable in Game 5?

I'm expected to consider Shaq being called for a flagrant foul on Funderburke in Game 6 and overlook Webber for an illegal screen on Fisher in Game 5?

I'm expected to feel bad for Vlade & Pollard fouling out in Game 6 and accept that Shaq only attempted one free throw and fouled out in Game 5?

I'm expected to feel bad for phantom calls on Scott Pollard in Game 6 and ignore the ball going out of bounds on Chris Webber the play before he set theillegal screen that allowed Bibby to hit the winning shot in Game 5?

roll.gif

That horribly refereed Game 6 was only part of a series where the officiating was horrible. This what I take from that series:
Yet another testament to how great that Laker team was.

Sacramento has never been the same since. After that season the Kings decline began to happen, public support for a badly new arena never came together, andthe arena that once held 'the best fans in the NBA' is half empty and outdated.

give me a break cry babies, "SACRAMENTO WILL NEVER BE THE CAPITOL OF CALIFORNIA." - BIG SHAQ

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

laugh.gif

That was good comedy.

I'm expected to consider Bibby holding Kobe to the extent that Kobe has to do a linemanesque swim move to get free an offensive foul on Kobe in Game 6, but Bobby Jackson pulling Kobe's jersey out of his shorts and not being called for a foul acceptable in Game 5?

I'm expected to consider Shaq being called for a flagrant foul on Funderburke in Game 6 and overlook Webber for an illegal screen on Fisher in Game 5?

I'm expected to feel bad for Vlade & Pollard fouling out in Game 6 and accept that Shaq only attempted one free throw and fouled out in Game 5?

I'm expected to feel bad for phantom calls on Scott Pollard in Game 6 and ignore the ball going out of bounds on Chris Webber the play before he set the illegal screen that allowed Bibby to hit the winning shot in Game 5?

roll.gif

That horribly refereed Game 6 was only part of a series where the officiating was horrible. This what I take from that series:

thank you, give this good man a prize. Lakers >> kings all day every day.

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

wow, Kings were def. screwed.

From Holdenmichael: That was good comedy. So, I'm expected to nitpick Game 6 and overlook Game 5? I'm expected to consider Bibby holding Kobe to theextent that Kobe has to do a linemanesque swim move to get free an offensive foul on Kobe in Game 6, but Bobby Jackson pulling Kobe's jersey out of hisshorts and not being called for a foul acceptable in Game 5? I'm expected to consider Shaq being called for a flagrant foul on Funderburke in Game 6 andoverlook Webber for an illegal screen on Fisher in Game 5? I'm expected to feel bad for Vlade & Pollard fouling out in Game 6 and accept that Shaq onlyattempted one free throw and fouled out in Game 5? I'm expected to feel bad for phantom calls on Scott Pollard in Game 6 and ignore the ball going out ofbounds on Chris Webber the play before he set the illegal screen that allowed Bibby to hit the winning shot in Game 5? That horribly refereed Game 6 was onlypart of a series where the officiating was horrible. This what I take from that series: Yet another testament to how great that Laker team was.

Laker Fans You guys were whinning and pouting when Boston did you guys dirty last year.

How is that relevant?

If the Lakers were the better team, they would have been able to get past any perceived bad officiating or at least held on to a 24 point lead in Game 4. Samegoes for those Kings.

This was one of the greatest series of all time. As a die hard laker fan I dont want to believe that the game was fixed but I will say that the kings wereequally deserving of winning that series and they wouldnt smashed the nets in the finals.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

laugh.gif

That was good comedy.

I'm expected to consider Bibby holding Kobe to the extent that Kobe has to do a linemanesque swim move to get free an offensive foul on Kobe in Game 6, but Bobby Jackson pulling Kobe's jersey out of his shorts and not being called for a foul acceptable in Game 5?

I'm expected to feel bad for phantom calls on Scott Pollard in Game 6 and ignore the ball going out of bounds on Chris Webber the play before he set the illegal screen that allowed Bibby to hit the winning shot in Game 5?

roll.gif

Thread shoulda ended RIGHT here with Holden's post.

Where are you at Kings fans with those answers??????
nerd.gif

Bottom line is this, without food poisioning, the Lakers destroy the Kings in that series point blank, end of story.

They won game 1 and 7 IN SACRAMENTO.

That says all that is needed.

You guys wanna fight about it, fine, you can have game 6, you won it, we won game 5 then.
happy.gif

the real tragedy is a team showing their true loser instincts by going 16-30 at the free throw line in a pivotal do or die game 7 when that game was played ontheir home court.

why queens fans are still salty and disregard the no calls in game 5 is something ill never understand.

i mean comeon you guys won 2 pacific division titles and to the maloofs thats the equal to winning an nba title.

laugh.gif

What the hell does Steve Nash winning MVP have to do with this?
The fact that Laker fans tend to feel entitled to things.

The way Laker fans cry about Steve Nash winning the the MVP over Kobe, yet when someone says the Lakers undeservedly beat the Kings because of poor officiating, they tell people to get over it.

The amount of hate Nash gets from his MVP winnings is pretty apparent on this board, and most of it comes from Laker or Kobe fans (or so their sigs would say)

I would think the correlation is pretty obvious...
You must be talking about me on this one. You have to be.

Don't put other Laker fans on blast because of what I say about Nash. What I say about Nash has to do with him, and his play, NOTHING to do with theLakers or the fans whatsoever. Nothing.

It is my own personal opinion of him as a player.

If you weren't referring to me as the one bashing Nash.........well what the hell is wrong with you then, don't you know who I am?
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Hi Ry.
laugh.gif

That series was jobbed.

And the same behavior continues today.
It's also crazy how lame the NBA has become in such a short period of time.

Back
Top Bottom