2007 - Whole Lot Of @#%$ Has Changed.

Quote:
1st - Forget about seeing exact replica's appear. The Days of '99 are done and no one is even thinking of bringing it back 1 more time.
This goes for quality,colors,and the return of us seeing any "Nike Air". Sure there will be some coming out I.E. the AJ III etc. but for the most part there will always be some small changes done to the shoe.

:smh:
nono.gif

Quote:
2nd - be on the look out for a whole lot of Retro + headed our way.

:smh:
nono.gif

Quote:
3rd - This retro craze will in fact slow down and demand will lower/subside.
Quote:
Lastly - A whole bunch of Model #'s have just been scrapped along with some package ideas as well. This goes for the Air Jordan XI and some other ones that were not mentioned yet,but trust, they were desired by many.

Its been a good run but jb is finished. They lost tha loyal fans tryin to cash in wit tha retros and when tha retros stop they gonna lose tha teens. Ugly new models, ugly colorways on classics, and price hikes for cheap, not-even-shaped-right shoes, they brought this on themselves.Its over

Rap is a competitive sport- Jay-Z
Chamillionaire...Nov. 22nd, 2005...The Sound of Revenge...Just Wait

Quote:
So fakes will be more accurate than authentics, eh? Nice work, gang. Way to read the market.

i know but who cares what us "shoe nerds" think. i'd rather be a shoe nerd than an idiot consumer with no brain.

Quote:
I WOULD buy retro versions of old favorites IF they were faithful to the shoes I grew up with. If not, forget it. Older collectors have originals. Young kids have fakes. We don't have to settle for this middling crap. If I can't get a faithful reproduction, I'm not buying it. I have no reason to

WORD. the true old heads with this mentality are the minority on here. you got hypebeasts buying up all the crap like there's no tomorrow and they make up probably around 90% of NT.

Quote:
The Days of '99 are done and no one is even thinking of bringing it back 1 more time.

that just means that i won't be buying ANY model III-VI in an OG color if it doesn't have Nike Air. no thanks ya dumb pieces of @#%$.

gentry is only part of the problem but yeah he needs to go. meth would do a much better job for sure.

Quote:
While I think a greater focus on the team line is important

i stopped reading your post after that. :lol:
laugh.gif

Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​
Member since August 2004​

Quote:
then i am done too.

ska, jb did have something special: the strong loyality of many people who would've kept buying retro J's to get the colors they wanted as a child. i mean, look at how many people on here swear to keep wearing jordan's when they're in a retirement home.

now, jb has made it clear that they don't care about those loyal buyers. they're going in a new direction, and they're going there alone. they've alienated the loyalty they did have, and in a few years they'll be depending on the team line, but it's going no where if they don't incorporate new technology and better designs.

Quote:
I'm glad to hear that some people actually feel like they're going to stop buying jordans.

i've stopped for a while now. last year i bought a pair of jordans nearly every 2 week. the year before, it was probably even worse. even though i was the one doing it, i still say it's insane. now it stopped. the last pair of jordans i bought was probably a pair of XXs. as for the information i've heard about "no more NIKE AIR", and no XIs, I'm done too. Jordan brand no longer interest me and bores. I now find it corny when people talk about new retro releases. I'm done.good post whywesteppin. i'm with ya.

yeah i've stopped for a while now also. there's a lot of cornballs on here that love this garbage though. we can just laugh at the idiots i suppose. untill the make an OG forum, i guess i'm stuck here with all these hypbeasts.

Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​

Nobody will buy the ugly team J's. They looked good when they first came out many years ago, but as of lately they look horrible. It would not be a surprise to me if Gentry was working with another shoe company or person and was tryin to kill of his top competitor, his own company JB..........

This said it best:

Quote:
F GENTRY, AND F RETRO+

And lol at whoever said that BabyJ's sig about believing in your dreams is not applicable anymore. As far as Jordan brand goes, the dream is over.
"A heartless hand on my shoulder, A push and a it's over...But before I began,I was bored before I even began... -SPM

WOOHOO... I wont see my beloved XI's slaughtered in such ways as the XIV's and the IVs have been... Had some good times JB and if what is stated is true... Then it was a good run.

now people are starting to see what a lot of us have seen for quite some time. this news shouldn't be a surprise. keep the negativity up folks....i loves it.

even if gentry is bs'ing about this news, then he's still a tard for bs'ing. go put on some more mascara and dress up like a queen gentry. you know you want to.....
Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​

this is sad...its sad it had to come to this, JB is losing its momentum n Gentry reminds me of Bush and the oil crisis...he's scrambling trying to find new ideas to get more money instead of just listening to the consumers and preserving the legacy that is Air Jordans...i'll admit, i like some of the new colors and dont mind some of the minor tweaks because thats my only choice, im only 17 and i cant say i have my OG Grapes in the stash or my Concord XI's that i've wanted since i was little kid so i have to settle for this bgrade low quality crap because its my only option...but if the brand keeps heading in this direction, they're gonna lose one more loyal customer

A complete joke. Is Gentry really that high up in JB that he can constantly change his mind about things and come up with these horrific ideas with no consequences?

Quote:
I, for one, say 'let it all come crashing down around them.' I support MJ and Tinker and my passion for Tinker's designs but that's it. Jordan Brand is a JOKE.

Agreed.

JB basically sacrificed the future/direction of the Brand to fully maximize on the retro craze of the past 7 years or so.

EDIT: You know, right before this post I opened the XXII post. And after reading this...I'm thinking that this post/info is far more important than what is supposed to be the most anticipated shoe of the year. Really shows the state of JB right now...

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>1st off Gentry is desperate. He can see the end of the Signature Air Jordan Line ahead of him and it makes him nervous. Where do they go from here ?<hr></blockquote>

I saw it coming.
[/b]​

Military IV may be the final Jordans I buy. MAYBE I'll get a pair of V at some point (23 Reds or Black/Silver next year) but this is the final death rattle. It's like baseball cards.
[/b]​

Anyone wanna snipe Gentry?
^^Powerful.

I'm The Most Beautiful Boogie Man.
Albanian Sneakerhead from Kosova.
a.k.a iLLbanianKid a.k.a Explosivo Yayo
AIM: ShpatSoYeah

First off, let me apologize for my outburst earlier...had no idea how bad it was, even though I normally cuss on the regular! I really didn't have time to plan out a thoughtful response, since I'm at work and they actually expect me to do it.

In short, I'm just really disappointed over the entire outlook...it just makes me upset that Gentry has decided to throw in the towel, and the whole outlook is beyond bleak. Also it just hurts to see the things we've asked for as consumers get completely ignored and not even be focused on.

I don't know...maybe I put too much faith in them, and expected them to make a change for the better, or thought that they actually listened to people on here about what the public wants. Maybe I'm just gettin older, and people such as myself are no longer their target audience. Who knows?

You need ALL WHITE Air Force 1 lows? I got 'em..sz.7.5-15...only $88 shipped! E-mail me at: cameronnelson@ems.att.com<br><br><br>

Quote:
1st off Gentry is desperate. He can see the end of the Signature Air Jordan Line ahead of him and it makes him nervous. Where do they go from here ?

This was very obvious to me. I have been saying this for awhile. They obviously are thinking that the demise of Jordan's is just around the corner which very well be true BECAUSE of what they have done to try and PREVENT this. Releasing all these retroes only SPEEDS up the process of people losing interest. They should stop with having every year 1 shoe that release like 6 different colorways I.E. XIII's and XIV's. Release maybe 2 different numbered retroes with 3 colorways each and otherwise FOCUS on the new Jordan the one that can really change the way people feel about JB. If they release a classic you better believe those 2 different shoes will sell out along with the new one. Even when this happens they should not think "Wow they are buying everything we put out there, let's put out more!" Because than people will lose the excitement of only having a few shoes release each year and having shoes sit on the shelf isn't good for Jordan Brand.
Formally known as gswarriorsnum1

Hypocr1t1cal born at: 4/16/91 11:47
[/b]​

Quote:
Anyone wanna snipe Gentry?

:lol:
laugh.gif
someone should tell the cats in Pelican Bay how J's have turned to garbage in the last few years and who holds partial responsiblity for it. those dudes WILL kill to keep their J's fresh i bet :lol:
laugh.gif

Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​

First of all, thanks for the info BabyJ. Hopefully this will open up the eyes of some of you and take notice that Jordan Brand does not care about their loyal consumers. For Jordan Brand to acknowledge their quality issues and choose not to fix that but still raise the price is laughable. If they do not turn the company around and go back to the formula they used to put Jordan Brand on top, I will not be purchasing anymore retros or signature shoes. I passed up on the IV's and will have no problem passing on the White/Rd/Blk V's (one of my grails) if the quality issue and the nike sign is not top priority to them. Team shoes were never in my radar (except for a couple) so I don't have to worry about that.

that was directed at jumpman.

here is my take on this, and its always pretty much been like this... they give us all the crap that they are giving us basically so then can sell the same shoe twice... im guessing in the future they will re-release these shoes again with the addition of the nike air symbol on the back and voila, tons of more sells.

i could be wrong but thats what i would do if i were in charge. and if thats the case all these sjpes with the jumpman on it make perfect sense.
www.feelmode.com

What happened to the good 'ol retro days, i.e. '99 - '01.

Gentry's ideas have put JB in this situation, you can't release 10 colorways of the exact same model plus we all know about the quality. It's just upsetting that this guy is running JB, #1, the quality issues should be addressed far before any thought of future releases. That should turn JB around.
#2, if there are really JB employee's on here, taking our ideas into consideration, it sure doesn't show.

I like the idea of bringing back the OG feel, with clothing, and shoes.
Just keep it simple JB.

Back
Top Bottom