2009-10...Phil Jackson might coach only HOME games....what do you think about that?

I don't think he should be allowed to do that. If they do well in the playoffs, he's gonna be coaching all the games.

Originally Posted by raptors29

I don't think he should be allowed to do that. If they do well in the playoffs, he's gonna be coaching all the games.

As he should, unless you're a Laker hater.
laugh.gif

I could actually see this happen, simply because he's Phil Jackson.

Although, I think Shaw, Rambis and with the help of Jim & Frank, can handle things.

The reason I don't see it as a good idea, is if it doesn't work out there will be a backlash.

If Phil isn't 100%, he should just walk away while he is on the highest of highs. No need to come back on a 41 game plan, that, if you fail will only getsome scrutiny.

just retire if you're gonna do that

getting $12 mill for home games is highway robbery

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

The reason I don't see it as a good idea, is if it doesn't work out there will be a backlash.

If Phil isn't 100%, he should just walk away while he is on the highest of highs. No need to come back on a 41 game plan, that, if you fail will only get some scrutiny.

He gets scrutinized either way. If they win it all or even go far, the questions will arise as to if in fact Phil did only win because of the players he had.(a la MJ and Kobe.)

It's a lose lose for Phil.

Kobe can handle the other 39 games on his own. It looks like he does most of the talking during TOs anways. They will miss Phil and his crazy pregamemeditation meetings though.

If he is only gonna do half the work, will he get half the pay?

Seems like a problem in the making to me. What if the players develop a better relationship with Rambis on the road (try saying that 3x fast)? I respect Phil,but if you can't do the job, don't half-%%% it.

Isn't Larry Brown older? (too lazy to look it up, thats why)

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

We need a player-coach in this league + Kobe could drop the nice guy act and just start ripping dudes again.

actually DFish is more suited to the player/coach role. would save on payroll for Buss too.

I don't have a problem as long as he coaches every playoff game. I have a bigger problem with Rambis being groomed as the next head coach
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I think that he'll be back full time. He has a team that can potentially win 1 or 2 more titles in a row.

I'm noticing most of the people that are for it are Laker fans, and those against are non-fans. It's fine by me. Lakers are a veteran team that canhandle it probably better than any other team in the L.

Back
Top Bottom