2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by babam11218719

20 mill for Huntelaar? That seems steep to me. How much did Real pay for him?
20mil Euros...i swear Real knows how to do business,and i dont mean that in a good way...
smh.gif

to be honest,i don't quite understand the fascination with this Huntelaar dude...
i was told that he's good,but i wasn't impressed when he played at Real...
and he seems like a poor man's version of Ruud van Nistelrooy to me...

well, one thing that real have done is drive up the prices of all players including their own. and milan are desperate for young, attacking players. especiallywith the protests their fans are doing right now.

whether or not 20m euros or pounds is too much for huntelaar...i dunno. but the market determines the prices, right? and real's spending spree andmanchester city have inflated the prices in this transfer market.

as for huntelaar, he is a poor man's ruud. he's a goal poacher. he'll have the odd curling shot or drive from outside the box, but like ruud,i've always thought he was best when he operates in the box and gets in the right position and opportunities to score. he did have a scoring streak lastseason at real.

it's not impressive nor is it fancy. but most poachers aren't. you won't see him take a man on via dribble and beat a defender. but he'sefficient (though not as efficient as ruud in his prime).

Originally Posted by zizou

it's not impressive nor is it fancy. but most poachers aren't. you won't see him take a man on via dribble and beat a defender. but he's efficient (though not as efficient as ruud in his prime).
one name comes to mind:

^ back then i had the honour of watching him play...
pimp.gif
a truefox-in-the-box...

anyway...
if Huntelaar do sign for United,i'm pretty sure he'll benefit playing with the likes of Rooney or Berbatov upfront...
and the United midfield should also be able to provide him with the type of service he needs...

About the Michael Owen signing...it's a decent signing for Man Utd, inconsequential IMO. He wont start in many big games but he'll come in handy due toMan Utd's heavy schedule and the high likelihood that Rooney misses time due to injury. Man Utd. fans should be happy if he ends this upcoming season with10 goals in all competitions. BTW, is he still in the England mix or his international career over?

Anyways, Man Utd. still need a 4th striker. The past few seasons they've only had 3 strikers however Ronaldo would fill in at forward when necessary.

Why aren't Liverpool making any moves? This is their best chance at winning the Premiership title in such a long time and yet they are in Arsenal-moderight now. They need to make 1-2 key signings in order to seriously compete for the Premiership and UCL this coming season.

Real Madrid would be stupid to sign Ribery. They simply do not need him. Spend some money on defensive players and call it a day.

Anyone here about the Eboue for Felipe Melo trade? I havent seen much of Melo except for the Confeds Cup but I'm all for it for two reasons. First, gettingrid of Eboue for some shinpads would be a win for Arsenal. Secondly, Melo could quickly be inserted as our midfield enforcer behind Cesc.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

About the Michael Owen signing...it's a decent signing for Man Utd, inconsequential IMO. He wont start in many big games but he'll come in handy due to Man Utd's heavy schedule and the high likelihood that Rooney misses time due to injury. Man Utd. fans should be happy if he ends this upcoming season with 10 goals in all competitions. BTW, is he still in the England mix or his international career over?

Anyways, Man Utd. still need a 4th striker. The past few seasons they've only had 3 strikers however Ronaldo would fill in at forward when necessary.

Why aren't Liverpool making any moves? This is their best chance at winning the Premiership title in such a long time and yet they are in Arsenal-mode right now. They need to make 1-2 key signings in order to seriously compete for the Premiership and UCL this coming season.

Real Madrid would be stupid to sign Ribery. They simply do not need him. Spend some money on defensive players and call it a day.

Anyone here about the Eboue for Felipe Melo trade? I havent seen much of Melo except for the Confeds Cup but I'm all for it for two reasons. First, getting rid of Eboue for some shinpads would be a win for Arsenal. Secondly, Melo could quickly be inserted as our midfield enforcer behind Cesc.
agree about owen. realistically (and given that he can stay healthy), if he can play in about 25 matches in all competitions and score 10 goals,i'll call it a success. and i'm sure he understands that he'll be expected to be a sub. best case scenario would be if he can somehow turn out tobe the new ole gunnar.

but i think his england career is over. capello doesn't seem to rate him much. i feel he can still be valuable as a super sub if you're chasing a goal.so even though heskey and rooney have the two forwards spots locked down, i think owen can still be a valuable asset.

at this point, we're looking at berbatov/rooney. owen. and then hope that macheda/wellbeck continue to develop. if we can get a huntelaar, i'm for it.but i dunno at 20m.

liverpool did sign glen johnson, which i think was a great signing. if they can hold on to mascherano and xabi, i think that'll be a successful summer.lol. they need depth in many positions though.

Originally Posted by dEfCoNzErO

so sick for onyewu, is he the only american currently signed to a serie a squad??
alexis lalas was the last one to play in serie a, i think

Sky Sports & L'Equippe report that Lucio is on his way to Manchester City for €7m
Source

I know that he was told he'd have to fight for his place in the first team and that didn't sit well with him at Bayern.
I'll be dissapointed if he leaves, I mean he IS the captain of Brazil & we don't have that many quality defenders to give him away
ohwell.gif

i think going into the season, gooch will be 3rd or even 4th in the depth chart behind silva, nesta, and bonera. however, nesta is injury prone, and bonerahasn't exactly played well and stayed healthy either.

so best case scenario would be gooch continues his fine form going into preseason training and friendlies.

however, it's a long season, and if senderos can get some PT, i'm sure gooch can too. it's a gamble on his part since it's the season beforethe world cup. but at least he's facing a huge challenge.

dunno how easy it would be to get a gooch jersey. i think onionbag does a good job with having yanks abroad jerseys available. yanks abroad's website doestoo.

wow now i feel stupid for saying gooch was an idiot for not going to 'boro 1 year ago...good for him.

Man y'all are killing me with this gooch stuff. How did he get this terrible nickname?

Everytime 'gooch' is mentioned I can't help but think of the closely related cooch
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Man y'all are killing me with this gooch stuff. How did he get this terrible nickname?

Everytime 'gooch' is mentioned I can't help but think of the closely related cooch
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You, sir, are an idiot.

Originally Posted by JaFlash

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by murdamoork23

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sick

lets hope he plays & doesnt rot on the bench. if he can turn into an American rafa marquez then i think he/his agent are pretty smart guys. & lucio togo to man u for 7 mil? now thats a great deal. y do i never see real on the good side of CHEAP buys. smh.

Originally Posted by Two3 Jumpman

Off topic, had the privilege and pleasure to meet Messi and get a couple of jerseys autographed
smile.gif

how, when, and where?

I havent seen much of Gooch but I do not expect him to be a full time starter on AC Milan. Maybe 3rd or 4th on the Centre-back depth chart.

Lucio for 7 million euros is a steal.

Back
Top Bottom