2010 College Basketball Season

Originally Posted by PocketLint

Hmmm... I see. Hope he gets a speedy recovery. I think he played on the only team that got a championship for Reedley
tired.gif

Reedley aka Ateneo Basketball Finishing School
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jeron Teng will be an incoming Junior if I'm not mistaken, I heard the Xavier Captain Manuel will play for UP, don't have any idea with other graduating Xavier players though who are trying out with NCAA or UAAP teams, but I think there were some who are trying their luck with UST and DLSU, not really sure

Originally Posted by Gameover2

Hmmm... I see. Hope he gets a speedy recovery. I think he played on the only team that got a championship for Reedley
tired.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? 
ohwell.gif

tired.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
As an Atenean, it's a good thing.
pimp.gif

Jobe, Japeth, Oping, De Chavez....

tired.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
As an Atenean, it's a good thing.
pimp.gif

Oh, okay, I see. 
laugh.gif

I heard also that the JRU HS player who dropped 80-something last year was gonna be hidden by La Salle in our school. I wonder if that's true. Was it that Aviola dude? I forgot. 
tired.gif

Jobe was with SSC before going to Reedley.

those JRU kids both the MVP and the 80+ point kid are just playing out here in our place.. and offers from schools are comin from everywhere but they're not taking any for now.
it's summer time and they want to make some paper and wait for last part of the pre season before getting locked on a NCAA or UAAP dorm.

Originally Posted by blackpresident44

Gameover2 wrote:

if it's Chris, Chris De Chavez played for Benedictine International School bro
smile.gif

Appreciate the correction.
smile.gif

Don't know why you had to edit your post 5 times though.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Anyway, the JRU kids will not dominate the college scene like they did in high school. Yeah they scored a lot of points but they weren't even close to winning the juniors title. I hope they take college seriously because no way basketball is their lotto ticket to stardom.

Gameover2 wrote:

smile.gif

smile.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Anyway, the JRU kids will not dominate the college scene like they did in high school. Yeah they scored a lot of points but they weren't even close to winning the juniors title. I hope they take college seriously because no way basketball is their lotto ticket to stardom.

Good point man. I was in awe of the whole 80 point thing, but you're right, they weren't even close to winning the title. 
Would you have any news on where the Capacios (Timmy and Gwyne) are going? 
pimp.gif

Gameover2 wrote:

smile.gif

smile.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

oh. my editing has something to do with my signature updating.

No need to explain dude, it wasn't a serious question.

Originally Posted by psx0529

pimp.gif

I think Tim Capacio will take the usual Ateneo juniors route. Go get his Ateneo degree while playing on Team B or quitting varsity altogether.

Gwynne, who was once almost a sure-lock to attend Ateneo, remains a mystery. I'm even wondering whether he can actually penetrate Team A since their pretty loaded. My hunch is he goes to DLSU.

DLSZ's giant Van Opstal flirted with Ateneo before finally deciding to stay with the Archers.

I heard Louie Sinco (vital cog in this season's juniors champion team) will enroll in CSB to play for the Blazers. Not sure what the kid was thinking. He's talented and skillful but he knows it's not enough to get into Ateneo's UAAP team. I hope he won't regret it. Word to Mike Gamboa.

On a side note, Ateneo should bring Vic Manuel to transfer to the Blue Eagles.
pimp.gif
He'll beast in the UAAP. If you haven't heard of him, then you're way out of the loop.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

I think Tim Capacio will take the usual Ateneo juniors route. Go get his Ateneo degree while playing on Team B or quitting varsity altogether.

Gwynne, who was once almost a sure-lock to attend Ateneo, remains a mystery. I'm even wondering whether he can actually penetrate Team A since their pretty loaded. My hunch is he goes to DLSU.

DLSZ's giant Van Opstal flirted with Ateneo before finally deciding to stay with the Archers.

I heard Louie Sinco (vital cog in this season's juniors champion team) will enroll in CSB to play for the Blazers. Not sure what the kid was thinking. He's talented and skillful but he knows it's not enough to get into Ateneo's UAAP team. I hope he won't regret it. Word to Mike Gamboa.

pimp.gif
He'll beast in the UAAP. If you haven't heard of him, then you're way out of the loop.
laugh.gif

Vic Manuel defensive demon from PSBA
pimp.gif

Gameover2 wrote:
so true! though his lack in height would always be an issue in the uaap imho he would have had better opportunities or had developed his game better if he just followed coach jamike's advice and stuck wit ateneo. instead he listened to his dad, who wanted instant success for him, and joined the fighting maroons...

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Gwyne might sit out this season's UAAP due to his commitment with the RP Youth Team. Escoto of FEU is another one. I'm going to ask around FEU if the rumor that Saret is set to join the Tamaraws is true. I guess all things remain a rumor until the season starts.
smile.gif

is malabes still with dlsu? i hope not, damn that guy really sucks and is damn lazy on D.

Originally Posted by soul228

Gwyne might sit out this season's UAAP due to his commitment with the RP Youth Team. Escoto of FEU is another one. I'm going to ask around FEU if the rumor that Saret is set to join the Tamaraws is true. I guess all things remain a rumor until the season starts.
smile.gif
I don't understand why he has to sit out. I don't hear Von, Paolo and Kiefer sitting out for the back-to-back champion Eaglets.

Originally Posted by superswag

Gameover2 wrote:
so true! though his lack in height would always be an issue in the uaap imho he would have had better opportunities or had developed his game better if he just followed coach jamike's advice and stuck wit ateneo. instead he listened to his dad, who wanted instant success for him, and joined the fighting maroons...
In fairness to Mike's dad, he would never have made it to Ateneo's UAAP roster and the Eagles might not have won two championships with him as the backup point guard.

On a somewhat related note, the Gamboa factory will churn out another Eaglet next season.
laugh.gif

heard from a friend that Ateneo will be getting NCAA Division 1 treatment from Nike this season.

and Lasalle will be stuck with Accel or Adidas
smh.gif

how does ateneo get sponsored by adidas yet their players usually wear nike stuff, even outside the court
ohwell.gif

Good point man. I was in awe of the whole 80 point thing, but you're right, they weren't even close to winning the title.
keith agovida scored 82 points. period.  no matter what league you play in, be it in the mosquito division or the oldies in a small barangay summer league, heck even in a pick-up game with friends, scoring 82 point is still an amazing feat.  you can't deny that the talent is there. i agree that college basketball is a different thing altogether.  any player who wants to succeed just needs to constantly work on his game (ryan buenafe, word!).                      anyway, what's the word on the twins in san beda? are they good to go? what about the player that ato agustin was bragging about, the one that apparently equals jimbo aquino's skills... anything on him?

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

Nope, he flew back to Bahrain shortly after La Salle got eliminated.

I think he's just misunderstood.

laugh.gif

ahhhh malabes... whenever he approaches the scorer's table, i just can't help but cringe. what about james mangahas? will he still suit up for la salle?

Back
Top Bottom