:2010: - Worst Year of the Retro??

dmoney82

Banned
A lot say that this is the best year as far as JB dropping retros or what not. We will see 6's drop twice in a year with the same BS material just a different shade of red. The White/Black 9's drop for the fourth time, Twice in 2 years.... The all white anniversary edition Jordans...ect. I personally think they are making it even worse. To much going on. To close....... It's no fun. The quality sucks we all know that but why so many in one year. Joints we've been waiting on for years you wana drop all in one year. The concords dropping again in the fall... Like come on man. 

I just wana know you're thoughts. There are a lot of heads that love it, a lot that hate it. 

Honestly I kinda of like it. It gives people like me that weren't around when the shoe game first started, to have a chance at copping some of the best looking shoes.

Concords droppin in fall!?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DMoney82

A lot say that this is the best year as far as JB dropping retros or what not. We will see 6's drop twice in a year with the same BS material just a different shade of red. The White/Black 9's drop for the fourth time, Twice in 2 years.... The all white anniversary edition Jordans...ect. I personally think they are making it even worse. To much going on. To close....... It's no fun. The quality sucks we all know that but why so many in one year. Joints we've been waiting on for years you wana drop all in one year. The concords dropping again in the fall... Like come on man. 

I just wana know you're thoughts. There are a lot of heads that love it, a lot that hate it. 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Where did you hear that?!?!?! Do you know something that we don't??

Originally Posted by EMendoza93

Honestly I kinda of like it. It gives people like me that weren't around when the shoe game first started, to have a chance at copping some of the best looking shoes.

Yea I feel you but some just don't appreciate the shoe as it first was. They start making up new nick names. I got so tired of cats calling the varsity joints "Infrared". Like you effing NOOB sit down. Round here poppin like you some OG Jordan head. People going nuts over the "SpaceJams" and making them trending topics and not even knowing where they came from even though the name SPACEJAM is attached to it. They jumpin on +!! because they hear the real head speak about em. They just follow suit, jump on whatever they think is hot. Jay's dropped on Wednesdays, these Saturday cats have no idea.
laugh.gif

"Powder Blue" it was Carolina Blue back when they dropped a Tar Heels color way in each shoe 

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Where did you hear that?!?!?! Do you know something that we don't??

Yea that was said a while back then they scrapped the idea I guess but a source of mines real close to another source told him they will be a quick strike edition. Limited $200 

I ain't kickin it like I got some major inside info, but that's what I was told and this guy is usually on point 98% of the time. Always got my %$+ without camping out.

Yea I feel you but some just don't appreciate the shoe as it first was. They start making up new nick names. I got so tired of cats calling the varsity joints "Infrared". Like you effing NOOB sit down. Round here poppin like you some OG Jordan head. People going nuts over the "SpaceJams" and making them trending topics and not even knowing where they came from even though the name SPACEJAM is attached to it. They jumpin on +!! because they hear the real head speak about em. They just follow suit, jump on whatever they think is hot. Jay's dropped on Wednesdays, these Saturday cats have no idea.
laugh.gif

"Powder Blue" it was Carolina Blue back when they dropped a Tar Heels color way in each shoe 
Ha! I know what you mean... When my friend Jose rocks his CDP 11s girls be asking him "Are those the red space jams?" and I'm just like "+%%?"
sick.gif
, but yeah some people don't appreciate the shoes. I'm only 16, but I still like the OGs way better then the retros, but the only pair that I have that is OG is the Nubuck 12s.
frown.gif

Ha! I know what you mean... When my friend Jose rocks his CDP 11s girls be asking him "Are those the red space jams?" and I'm just like "+%%?"
sick.gif
, but yeah some people don't appreciate the shoes. I'm only 16, but I still like the OGs way better then the retros, but the only pair that I have that is OG is the Nubuck 12s.
frown.gif
That's whats up my man. At least you keepin it G. It's a lot of young cats that learn the history of the joint and don't just go and cop because it's what everybody is talkin bout 

With six different VI's that came out this year, that alone for me made this the best year of the Retro ever. (Seven if the Infrared pack gets released here)

i agree with you OP. getting into JB when it was real pure (1997-2001) was the best. even though back then in high school i couldn't afford it, i admired it to the fullest compared to now. and the hype today is CRAZY STOOOOOOOOPID. today, i'm still playing catch up to the shoes i wanted back in those days now that the income is coming in.

but about that space jam comment with the black and reds is funny. a co worker of mines said the same to me one day.
laugh.gif
. i looked at him thinking people that's not into shoes in general know about space jams all off of hype. so they tend to tie it together with every XI. JB is a dying breed in my opinion. at least to us older heads...

Dudes need to stop living in the past. Evolve. It will NEVER be as good as the past. Rock or leave 'em. It's easier than complaining.

^complaining is reserved for those that choose 2 excercise thier opinion. However only a boycotter can complain, not a purchaser

2010 not bad at all... even doe quality of xi'z became horrible.. i kinda like how they're makin dem 6z

Personally, I think 2010 has been terrible so far, I haven't bought a single Jordan release this year -admitedly, I think I'll get the White/red VIs but that's about it.

-looks like the end of the year might be better with the IIIs & XIIIs that are supposed to be coming out.

countdown pack year was da best years since 2001...we got everything all in one shot.

co-sign

I'm new to the game, but my youth does NOT have me sharing the same sentiment.
It doesn't bother me that I missed out because I was too young to afford/buy (why buy shoes that won't fit in a few years?),
but it does bother me that I missed out on the glory days of JB.
When customer and business were both happy campers, and neither profits or quality suffered.
Those days have come and gone, and I find myself on eBay more than Eastbay
I haven't bought any of the 2010 releases, minus the Motorsports because those were just what the doctor ordered.
The only way I'll continue to buy is on Employee appreciation (which seems to be seeing size runs in everything JB)
But I must say, I saw the samples for both the 13's dropping this year, and I am DEFINITELY copping those.
Sorry for the wall of text.

To much going on. To close.

that's been going on for awhile now.

I always found it amusing how people feel a certain way over other folks nicknaming shoes or not knowing the history of a shoe.

Ima say that 2002 was by far the worst up to this point. There were a couple of solid releases (cool grey 9s, black/red 7s, white/black 9s, and etc....) but a very down year none the less.

A lot say No one said that this is the best year as far as JB dropping retros or what not. We will see 6's drop twice eight in a year with the same BS material just a different shade of red. color The White/Black 9's drop for the fourth time, Twice in 2 years.... The all white anniversary edition Jordans...ect. I personally think they are making it even worse. To much going on. To close....... It's no fun. The quality sucks we all know that but why so many in one year. Joints we've been waiting on for years you wana drop all in one year. The concords (ARE NOT) dropping again in the fall... Like come on man. 

I just wana know you're thoughts. There are a lot of heads that love it, a lot that hate it. I'm no teacher but this grammar is horrible
Don't take it personal....

To your topic I don't think this is the best year for Retros, those years have come and gone for me. There is a lot dropping, so just buy what you like...

smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom