:2010: - Worst Year of the Retro??

i dont think this year is bad in terms of the shoes that have been/will be released but i think its been bad because of how many shoes are dropping this year and how close together they are droppin.. in the next 40 days were getting 3 retros (2s, 9s, and varsity 6s) stateside and possibly the infrared pack..

nothing is special anymore.  if anything, this year has made me slow down on buying j's.  there's so much dropping and sitting on the shelves, that i almost feel stupid copping on release day.  i just wait for them the go on sale and then item locate my size.  ko's were the best thing so far imo.

Originally Posted by Agent0024

Originally Posted by DMoney82

A lot say No one said that this is the best year as far as JB dropping retros or what not. We will see 6's drop twice eight in a year with the same BS material just a different shade of red. color The White/Black 9's drop for the fourth time, Twice in 2 years.... The all white anniversary edition Jordans...ect. I personally think they are making it even worse. To much going on. To close....... It's no fun. The quality sucks we all know that but why so many in one year. Joints we've been waiting on for years you wana drop all in one year. The concords (ARE NOT) dropping again in the fall... Like come on man. 

I just wana know you're thoughts. There are a lot of heads that love it, a lot that hate it. I'm no teacher but this grammar is horrible
Don't take it personal....

To your topic I don't think this is the best year for Retros, those years have come and gone for me. There is a lot dropping, so just buy what you like...

smokin.gif

I don't like you anymore lol

2010 has been cool and will only get better.....
remember, this is not 2000-2001, this is 2010 and JB will come out with some garbage color and material for our favorite Jordan shoe. Some colors may be okay while some may be too much and kill it.
It's a hate it or love it game at the moment.

the only thing we can appreciate is JB retro-ing or re-retro-ing shoes that haven't been out for some time

Originally Posted by rudolfchua

Originally Posted by EMendoza93

Honestly I kinda of like it. It gives people like me that weren't around when the shoe game first started, to have a chance at copping some of the best looking shoes.

co-sign
i like it too for this exact reason.  but i also agree they should slow it down and let us have some time to stack some more cash rather than a bombardment of releases

I'd say 2010 has been decent thus far, if more good things drop like they're supposed to then it'll be a GREAT year IMO.

i like this year im gettin the bulls VIs to sit along side the varsitys and i hear that spacejam talk to. when i pick up my anniversary XIs even the dude at finish line who sold em to me came up and said you want the all white spacejams..........so i was like no i want some real shoes sir.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

A lot say that this is the best year as far as JB dropping retros or what not. We will see 6's drop twice in a year with the same BS material just a different shade of red. The White/Black 9's drop for the fourth time, Twice in 2 years.... The all white anniversary edition Jordans...ect. I personally think they are making it even worse. To much going on. To close....... It's no fun. The quality sucks we all know that but why so many in one year. Joints we've been waiting on for years you wana drop all in one year. The concords dropping again in the fall... Like come on man. 

I just wana know you're thoughts. There are a lot of heads that love it, a lot that hate it. 

Have to agree with you on this - the 25th anniversary has been uninspiring. JB put alot more effort for their 20th anniversary. As far the retros go, the VI retros have been very disappointing - fake colourways ('Piston' & 'Lakers'), no White/Blue or White/Grey colourways. The IXs look decent, not much in the way of IIs.

its aight i guess, i get to save some money since theres actually nothing this year im lookin forward to buy since there just re-retroing cw's of shoes later this year i already have like the xi's and xiii's.

Honestly, I"ve been pretty disappointed with this year. I've only picked up 1 retro (black/red 6s). The only other ones I really wanted for the silver anniversary 11s (that only went up to a size 13 when I wear a 14) and I wasn't even able to get them because they were way too limited. Last year this time, people were hyping 2010, but it has not lived up to its hype by any means (IMO).

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Dudes need to stop living in the past. Evolve. It will NEVER be as good as the past. Rock or leave 'em. It's easier than complaining.
This...
Yo DMoney, I usually agree with alot of what you say but sneakers will never be what it was before.

I look and see what's coming out this year and all I can think is "I don't care."

It's interesting to see the crap/fire they release (whichever you think they are) this year, but I've moved past all the JB shenanigans.

I'm glad to have seen every Jordan (signature) shoes release during their original year and can appreciate it.

But as the years move on, things change, including sneaker companies perception of how sneakers should be made and sold.

OG heads aren't the target demographic. It's youngins who they're targeting and most youngins wants what the new fad is.

It's a love for us, but a business for them...

But if it was my business, I'd probably do the same 
eyes.gif

This year is not as big as some people make it out to be! I wont say its this worst year of the Retro but it is pretty disappointing for it to be the 25th anniversary!
I'm still expecting some kinda big surprise from JB.
All in all...its an average year...
But 2011 is shaping up quite nicely!!
happy.gif

i was readin !@% on the first page bout "space jam hype" its all from weezy's lines " Hello its the martian, SPACE JAM JORDANS" thats why all these little nooberts know bout space jams and they think all jordan xi's are "space jams" ughhh smh

It's fine the way it is. I mean, we're getting a ton of retros in one year but more then 1/2 are junk colorways. I just buy what I want and keep it moving.

Let me chime in...

First of all, I didn't go through all the posts by only what OP said.  And not to reiterate the issue about quality and keeping materials cheap, but what I learned today from the new adidas ts line for next season, (in comparison) Jordan Brand completely skimmed out on us. 

If you guys remember, for the Air Jordan XX2, one of the original ideas was to incorporate a heat-sensitive material in the heel area when your foot heats up from playing, the heel part would change color.  However, the said that the idea was too costly to produce and thus scrapped. 

Today I learned that adidas will be using this idea on their new basketball shoe: "TS heat check".  Supposedly, the stripes of the shoe would change color upon play. 

This leaves me to wonder, if Jordan Brand couldn't use this idea for it's signature shoe (which is rightfully marked up higher than anything adidas would put out), how much more money is adidas going to shell out and produce, knowing that they wouldn't sell for as much as Jordan's? In other words, does adidas have more money to pay for such kind of material? And are they going to sell for more than Jordan's?

Hmmm...

i wanted a black based 6 got that, always wanted powder and charcoal 9's getting those,will grab another pair of cement 3's and white/blk/red 2's and plan on getting all 3 cw's of the 13's so all and all im beyond happy with 2010

Back
Top Bottom