2011 Air Jordan III (3) Blk/Cement-Grey: Aftermath Thread

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

Originally Posted by sthebest

Please explain. 
I want to do this to my pair(s). 
It looks like this:
mattefinish.png

just point the can to what you want to protect and spray. Its just like using water proofer
Thanks. You sprayed the whole midsole?

yeah I just sprayed the entire shoe. midsole first, then the leather. it dries in minutes.
Solecity, its a clear coat. I swear by this stuff. I saved me from ruining my South Beaches and made the repaint job on my Aquas hold MUCH better than the factory paint.

Please explain. 
I want to do this to my pair(s). 
It looks like this:
mattefinish.png

just point the can to what you want to protect and spray. Its just like using water proofer

yeah I just sprayed the entire shoe. midsole first, then the leather. it dries in minutes.
Solecity, its a clear coat. I swear by this stuff. I saved me from ruining my South Beaches and made the repaint job on my Aquas hold MUCH better than the factory paint.

GreatestGoliath, just point and spray. There's also instructions on the can if you have doubts.
Here's the writeup of it from Amazon. It costs like $7 a can but its worth it:

Krylon Spray Fixatives and Coatings...Several to choose from at one low price. All large cans!Krylon 1303 Crystal Clear...Acrylic Crystal Clear provides a permanent protective gloss coating that will not yellow with age. Moisture-resistant and smudge-proof. Improves phot contrast.Krylon 1306 Workable Fixative...Workable Fixative provides lasting protection with a finish that is compatible with rworking needs. Prevents smudging dusting and wrinkling. Water resistant. Krylon 1311 Matte Finish...Matte Finish provides a permanent non-gloss finish. Eliminates light reflection. dries fast and clear.Krylon 1305 UV Clear...Rovides a permanent protective gloss coating which protects art crafts and valuables against harmful UV light rays. Moisture resistant and smudge proof.

GreatestGoliath, just point and spray. There's also instructions on the can if you have doubts.
Here's the writeup of it from Amazon. It costs like $7 a can but its worth it:

Krylon Spray Fixatives and Coatings...Several to choose from at one low price. All large cans!Krylon 1303 Crystal Clear...Acrylic Crystal Clear provides a permanent protective gloss coating that will not yellow with age. Moisture-resistant and smudge-proof. Improves phot contrast.Krylon 1306 Workable Fixative...Workable Fixative provides lasting protection with a finish that is compatible with rworking needs. Prevents smudging dusting and wrinkling. Water resistant. Krylon 1311 Matte Finish...Matte Finish provides a permanent non-gloss finish. Eliminates light reflection. dries fast and clear.Krylon 1305 UV Clear...Rovides a permanent protective gloss coating which protects art crafts and valuables against harmful UV light rays. Moisture resistant and smudge proof.

White cements are def better, this is crazy. You have to buy the shoes for 160 and tax, then a mr clean eraser to get the baby oil off, and now a can of bottle of paint?

White cements are def better, this is crazy. You have to buy the shoes for 160 and tax, then a mr clean eraser to get the baby oil off, and now a can of bottle of paint?

Read some of the replies on here about cracking so I had to check my worn pair, 4 wears and no cracking. Hope I get a few dozen more wears before the cracking starts.

Read some of the replies on here about cracking so I had to check my worn pair, 4 wears and no cracking. Hope I get a few dozen more wears before the cracking starts.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

laugh.gif

It looks like this:
mattefinish.png

word imma try this on my TB3's
if they come out good imma use it on all my shoes too
nerd.gif
where can i cop? wal mart?

It looks like this:
mattefinish.png

word imma try this on my TB3's
if they come out good imma use it on all my shoes too
nerd.gif
where can i cop? wal mart?

Sounds like paint chipping is just inevitable. Kinda wish they'd just go back to dyed midsoles, even if they do eventually yellow.

Sounds like paint chipping is just inevitable. Kinda wish they'd just go back to dyed midsoles, even if they do eventually yellow.

I'm going to rock mines today if they crack I will be sending these back to Nike that's bs. My wc still have no cracking after more than 20 wears.

I'm going to rock mines today if they crack I will be sending these back to Nike that's bs. My wc still have no cracking after more than 20 wears.

Wow, looking at all these pics of the black/cements cracking is just ridiculous. I've worn my WC3s and TB3s around 15 times each. No signs of cracking at all. Makes me hesitant to bust out the BC3s. 

Back
Top Bottom