2011 Air Jordan III (3) Blk/Cement-Grey: Aftermath Thread

NIKETOWN New York
PRODUCT UPDATE: We still have sizes 7,7.5,12,14 and 15 available in the Air Jordan 3 Retro black/varsity red-cement grey. MSRP $160. We are accepting phone orders for this extremely limited stock. Please call the store at 212.891.6453 Ext. 3127 to place a phone order. We are not accepting holds of any sort.

NIKETOWN New York
PRODUCT UPDATE: We still have sizes 7,7.5,12,14 and 15 available in the Air Jordan 3 Retro black/varsity red-cement grey. MSRP $160. We are accepting phone orders for this extremely limited stock. Please call the store at 212.891.6453 Ext. 3127 to place a phone order. We are not accepting holds of any sort.

lol yea basically. trashing the cdp quality. now if u trashed the quality of the cdp to the nike air pair then yea.

lmao at the chippg midsoles for 160. my cdps were worn for nearly a year w/o chipping.

baaah baaah baaaah. you could tell alot of nters in this thread saw one remark about great quality of '11 pair and ran with it.

lol yea basically. trashing the cdp quality. now if u trashed the quality of the cdp to the nike air pair then yea.

lmao at the chippg midsoles for 160. my cdps were worn for nearly a year w/o chipping.

baaah baaah baaaah. you could tell alot of nters in this thread saw one remark about great quality of '11 pair and ran with it.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Funny how dudes were praising these in comparison to the CDP's

CDP's are better than these, been saying that for the longest but dudes thought I was crazy.

CDP's are better than these, been saying that for the longest but dudes thought I was crazy.

Originally Posted by Mikey23

I fell for it.  I have the CDP's but since everyone was saying the 2011's were better, had to cop.  Oh well, now I got both.  

*I've worn my CDP's like 20 times and there's still no creasing on the toebox and minimal cracking on the inside midsole.  

I fell for it.  I have the CDP's but since everyone was saying the 2011's were better, had to cop.  Oh well, now I got both.  

*I've worn my CDP's like 20 times and there's still no creasing on the toebox and minimal cracking on the inside midsole.  

My only pair of III's I've ever owned or currently have are the Flips. The midsoles started cracking and peeling after the 3rd wear. Its not that noticeable, but it does decrese its luster and mystique. I didn't know that the III's had a bad history of peeling before I bought my Flips. I can't complain as I got them VNDS for $90, but if I had know I would of not bought them. This is the main reason I will not purchase the True Blues, Cements, or others. Does the Cement IVs peel too? I love the Cement IVs, but if they do the same, then I would rather save my money.

My only pair of III's I've ever owned or currently have are the Flips. The midsoles started cracking and peeling after the 3rd wear. Its not that noticeable, but it does decrese its luster and mystique. I didn't know that the III's had a bad history of peeling before I bought my Flips. I can't complain as I got them VNDS for $90, but if I had know I would of not bought them. This is the main reason I will not purchase the True Blues, Cements, or others. Does the Cement IVs peel too? I love the Cement IVs, but if they do the same, then I would rather save my money.

Agreed 100%.  I'm not complaining about either version, but the "tumbled" leather on the 2011 version just feels straight up weird to me.  Personally, it feels completely different than the uppers on the 2011 white/cement and true blues.  I was shocked to receive mine in the mail and compare to my CDPs.

Agreed 100%.  I'm not complaining about either version, but the "tumbled" leather on the 2011 version just feels straight up weird to me.  Personally, it feels completely different than the uppers on the 2011 white/cement and true blues.  I was shocked to receive mine in the mail and compare to my CDPs.

just cause someones pairs cracked doesnt mean everyone else will at the same rate. Just cause your CDP's have been good doesnt mean everyone elses are

creases have nothing to do with quality either. That doesnt even make sense

Shoes are shoes. everyones pair will differ from what happens to them

just cause someones pairs cracked doesnt mean everyone else will at the same rate. Just cause your CDP's have been good doesnt mean everyone elses are

creases have nothing to do with quality either. That doesnt even make sense

Shoes are shoes. everyones pair will differ from what happens to them

Tracking # from CT says my order is being held in NY "awaiting customs clearance" since 11/27...anyone else get that too?

Tracking # from CT says my order is being held in NY "awaiting customs clearance" since 11/27...anyone else get that too?

The pair I got from NDC was on point...but, I really like the numerous perforations and padding on my CDP's, I prefer them, so in my mind they get the edge on the 2011's...that being said, I do like the 2011's and if I didn't need (or want) a pair of Bordeauxs and the funds were right for it, I would just keep my 2011 BCIII's and copp the Bords with cash...I was somewhat looking forward to breaking the 2011's in and applying the Magic Eraser to the glossy midsole.
Here's what I'm talking about on the CDP and 2011 BCIII's...

CDP: 
51416648caec2f4c5d5499e44c960c24108e33ee_r.JPG

2011: 
4f5263952fcc88736b4acf28924ed2da8dbc5584_r.jpg
0241695ec58e6fa42b6aa013d73924b5a35749ee_r.jpg

Just slightly more padding in the heel area and on the tongue in the CDP's...but to me the 2011's are still a desirable retro...
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom