2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

The mayweather undercard is crazy, but Im kind of pissed its a split sight. Im going to the fight and would love to see Alvarez in person

Been out the loop since 2006 but kept up wit the major fights so from today all I can say is Cotto decisions Margarito in 12 rounds, Mayweather TKOs Ortiz in the 10th or 11th but not without getting rocked a couple times.

Been out the loop since 2006 but kept up wit the major fights so from today all I can say is Cotto decisions Margarito in 12 rounds, Mayweather TKOs Ortiz in the 10th or 11th but not without getting rocked a couple times.

Originally Posted by NYCHeavyHitz212

Cotto is not going to decision Margarito.
I know that much.

I know that much.

Originally Posted by thacapt

I know that much.

He could've last fight. If I was Steward, I would advise Miguel to not go through many exchanges wit Antonio. Also, assuming Margarito was rockin' plaster in the first fight, his punch output might lower. Antonio has and will always have just one gameplan, which is why he won't win the second time around.

I know that much.

He could've last fight. If I was Steward, I would advise Miguel to not go through many exchanges wit Antonio. Also, assuming Margarito was rockin' plaster in the first fight, his punch output might lower. Antonio has and will always have just one gameplan, which is why he won't win the second time around.

I know that much.

pressure bust pipes

I know that much.

pressure bust pipes

Originally Posted by 2o6

I know that much.

pressure bust pipes
This is true.

Originally Posted by 2o6

I know that much.

pressure bust pipes
This is true.

I know that much.

I don't think the plaster has anything to do with his punch output.  He's still going to be coming forward and putting the pressure and Cotto ain't the same fighter he was in that fight.  I don't see the actual fighting styles going down any differently.  I do agree that Cotto wins a decision.

I know that much.

I don't think the plaster has anything to do with his punch output.  He's still going to be coming forward and putting the pressure and Cotto ain't the same fighter he was in that fight.  I don't see the actual fighting styles going down any differently.  I do agree that Cotto wins a decision.

Cotto will not exchange this time with Margs I can promise you that. Steward was not training Cotto in the first fight btw. Steward will tell Cotto to stay behind his jab and wear Margs down with a body attack.

Cotto will not exchange this time with Margs I can promise you that. Steward was not training Cotto in the first fight btw. Steward will tell Cotto to stay behind his jab and wear Margs down with a body attack.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I know that much.

If you watch the documentary "Assault in the Ring" when Luis Resto admits to using plaster, he explains how it helps you punch more cuz you don't feel your fist landing. As far as Cotto not being the same fighter, I mean, it's easy to say that after he gets beat up, but to actually see him perform right after the first Margarito fight, you can't say he's washed up. After he beats up Jennings, he goes on to fight Clottey, who's much like Margarito physically and almost beat Margarito and Cotto beat him by a small margin. His second loss, of course was with Pacquiao aka the best fighter in the world.

Cotto is the same, if not, he's improving. A perfect example of a washed up fighter is Roy Jones Jr.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I know that much.

If you watch the documentary "Assault in the Ring" when Luis Resto admits to using plaster, he explains how it helps you punch more cuz you don't feel your fist landing. As far as Cotto not being the same fighter, I mean, it's easy to say that after he gets beat up, but to actually see him perform right after the first Margarito fight, you can't say he's washed up. After he beats up Jennings, he goes on to fight Clottey, who's much like Margarito physically and almost beat Margarito and Cotto beat him by a small margin. His second loss, of course was with Pacquiao aka the best fighter in the world.

Cotto is the same, if not, he's improving. A perfect example of a washed up fighter is Roy Jones Jr.

Oh, I meant for Margarito. That punch output has been the same his entire career. Cotto is far from improving and isn't the same fighter IMO. The fact that he barely beat Clottey who hasn't thrown 100 punches total in his last two fights says a lot to me. A prime Cotto would not have let fighters like Yuri Foreman and a washed up Mayorga last as long. Cotto pre-Margarito and Cotto post-Margarito are two different fighters IMO. There's barely any body work anymore for one, which was his bread and butter. I can't remember the last time I've seen him throw his left hook with the same force he had before.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he's a top fighter with a couple fights left in him but I don't see how he's improving. Maybe refining back to the mean I'd agree with.

My view on the fight is that I see him eventually regressing back to trying to slug it out with Margarito.

Oh, I meant for Margarito. That punch output has been the same his entire career. Cotto is far from improving and isn't the same fighter IMO. The fact that he barely beat Clottey who hasn't thrown 100 punches total in his last two fights says a lot to me. A prime Cotto would not have let fighters like Yuri Foreman and a washed up Mayorga last as long. Cotto pre-Margarito and Cotto post-Margarito are two different fighters IMO. There's barely any body work anymore for one, which was his bread and butter. I can't remember the last time I've seen him throw his left hook with the same force he had before.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he's a top fighter with a couple fights left in him but I don't see how he's improving. Maybe refining back to the mean I'd agree with.

My view on the fight is that I see him eventually regressing back to trying to slug it out with Margarito.

Back
Top Bottom