2011 Smell Good Thread. Vol:Smellin' good for the ladies.

Lied, copped One Million today. :pimp:

how does it smell?

i got some as a gift and was gonna regift it...

is it sporty or more formal?

regift if you're older then 15

crazy talk. 1 million smells great.

If you enjoy walking around smelling like a huge gaudy and synthetic ball of cotton-candy/bubblegum, then yeah, smells great :tongue:

meh ******* like cotton candy. shrugs. lol

:lol: Maybe if they're 15, refer to my og post :lol:

I'm playing

In the process of obtaining a split of Creed Windsor :nthat:

Can anyone recommend a good scent for going out to bars, clubs, parties, etc?

I'm still in college. Not looking for anything extremely sophisicated but something classier than what a typical college kid would wear 
laugh.gif

I'm still in college. Not looking for anything extremely sophisicated but something classier than what a typical college kid would wear :lol:

i like the john varvatos i got

I'm still in college. Not looking for anything extremely sophisicated but something classier than what a typical college kid would wear :lol:

I would recommend YSL La Nuit. Out of anything I own, and I own alot of cologne, I get more compliments on this than anything else I own. Plus its not too expensive it may run you about 40 - 50 doolars for the smaller bottle.

I guess it pays to be personable.
Brick and mortar stores and shopping at the same spot with quality retail sales reps is a lost art.

Exactly!!! The Nordstrom's near me a few weekends ago had a fish bowl full of Spice Bomb samples sitting out near the colognes. I grabed about 4 samples...:lol: Bottom line is just ask the rep for a sample. I know Sephora and Neiman Marcus will even make you a small decant of a frangance if you ask.

Last edited:
I would recommend YSL La Nuit. Out of anything I own, and I own alot of cologne, I get more compliments on this than anything else I own. Plus its not too expensive it may run you about 40 - 50 doolars for the smaller bottle.

Getting this as a Christmas gift. It smelled great. Even better than the original L'Homme.

I mess with La nuit too.
Its on my to list of colognes to get

Yessirrr, whenever I wear YSL La Nuit around a female I ALWAYS get compliments on it.

One fragrance that I'm not a huge fan of but I tend to get a fair amount of compliments when I wear it is One Million by Paco Rabanne, although not as many as I get with YSL La Nuit. Over the summer I wore it to this all white party my boy had over his house and I was wearing that One Million. This chick hounded me until I told her what I was wearing, she went on and on about how good I smelled, and literally kept smelling me the entire night...:lol:

Last edited:
good god......i hope someone in here wears a perfume from pdiddy ...dnt know which one.....but the smell

and for the women....Today by avon...in case you guys want to gift someone (its 20 bucks +s&h)......u will be thanked.

I remember this was one of my first colognes :lol:

I am about to order one just for Nostalgia

Use to have a mean cologne game during middle school...I remember when Gio dropped, and Curve :lol: definitely created some good memories

Love this thread though just caught up on some pages. Aventus will be mine soon

Just got the 007 Fragrance bought for me as an unexpected gift, Surprisingly fresh smell but the longevity is awful, about 3 hours max

Buy Jaguar Vision off eBay for like $15

It's one of the best smelling cheap buys you'll ever find

It's basically Creed Aventus w/o the smokey ash tray part

well i picked l'homme over la nuit. its just too musky i guess. and to me the opening notes are better on the l'homme.
thats just me.

Some good cheap colognes for basic use, going to run errands or just something to spray a few sprays of here and there when you don't wanna use your expensive colognes:

Bod Black (gets a ton of compliments)

Curve Crush (fresh smelling scent)

Personal favorites. Gonna have to check out that Jaguar cologne posted too.

I'm not the type of guy that wears expensive cologne everyday and runs through the bottle fast. A few cheap buys in the rotation helps.

Am I really out dated still using Cool Water?

I just never wanted to try anything else, I still like the smell and still get compliments. I've been wearing it since Snoop put me on it in 94 with that Johnson's baby powder.

Am I really out dated still using Cool Water?
I just never wanted to try anything else, I still like the smell and still get compliments. I've been wearing it since Snoop put me on it in 94 with that Johnson's baby powder.

I use it as my main cologne, still good but every is using it now, so I am looking for something else.

Some good cheap colognes for basic use, going to run errands or just something to spray a few sprays of here and there when you don't wanna use your expensive colognes:
Bod Black (gets a ton of compliments)
Curve Crush (fresh smelling scent)
Personal favorites. Gonna have to check out that Jaguar cologne posted too.
I'm not the type of guy that wears expensive cologne everyday and runs through the bottle fast. A few cheap buys in the rotation helps.

Adidas Moves is my go to cheap, quick cologne. Use it for groceries or quick runs to the store. Pure. Crack

My taste in scents have grown so much joints used to use exclusively are now my "quick run" scents. Burberry touch and Issey.

Has anyone ever noticed how similar Chanel Allure Homme Sport and Versace Pour Homme smell? I owned both of them at one point, but ended up giving both away because they gave me a stuffy nose. Good stuff, though.

Back
Top Bottom