2012 MLB NL CENTRAL THREAD (where the big boys play)

I'm guessing the lame Cardinals fans jumped ship when their queen signed with the Angels.  
tired.gif

Has there been a franchise that has fallen faster and harder the Houston?  They may now be a bigger joke than the Cubs.

I cant want til my cubs rock strasburg on thursday. i expect my cubs to win 2 outta 3 against the nationals on opening day. Dempster and Garza.

Still too early to get into baseball mode, but I am optimistic about this season.
I like what Theo and co. are doing, I expect to see a young competitive team out there.
excited to watch Starlin develop, along with this new 1B Rizzo
Yessirr!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by SLP Product

Still too early to get into baseball mode, but I am optimistic about this season.
I like what Theo and co. are doing, I expect to see a young competitive team out there.
excited to watch Starlin develop, along with this new 1B Rizzo
Yessirr!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I am very optimistic about this season as well. We are very young. Keep an eye on Jeff Samardzijia. Young Pitcher have had a great spring training. I expect Brett Jackson to get called up. Marlon Byrd prolly get traded. I wish we can get rid of Sorinao    

Good to see the regulars back on here.....and the NT cubs fans...CP1708 Arstyle...what's good? Feels good to see this thread and post on here on Opening Day....smh at the OP.....but whatever.....Go Cubbies! Day 1 of Theo's Plan officially starts today.....

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

I didn't see one made and I really want to talk crap so I made it.  Best thread on NT.  
pimp.gif

Anyways, my predictions for this season.

Brewers 102-60

Reds 82-80

Cardinals 76-86

Cubs LOL

Pirates LMAO

Astros LMFAO

pacmagic2002 ROFLMFAO

Braun wins MVP, Brewers win World Series(lock up division by May 1st), arstyle embarrasses himself again, Astros whole organization gets set down to single-a. 

Looking forward to talking baseball with everyone this summer, less than 3 weeks away!

I been so locked in with NBA and NFL Draft and March Madness, I haven't even paid any attention to the Spring. 
embarassed.gif

Hopin for a nice win today at least to start our season, give us somethin to be happy about for a little while at least. 
laugh.gif

Look forward to talkin to myself in here a lot this summer. 
laugh.gif
roll.gif

First pitch less than an hour away!!!!! Let's go!!!!!!

Plus Bulls/Celts tonight!!!

Demp has gotten himself into some early jams....but has gotten out of them. Not much offense going around the MLB thus far today,

Cubs batters need to be more patient at the plate Geez. Strasburgh had 14 pitches through 2 innings. Nice RBI my bryd though. Dempster is starting to settle down now. Those first couple innings he prolly was nervous

Come on Kerry......three %!%#*@# walks to let in the tying run???!?!?!?!??!?!!? $@@!!

What the hell was Jeff Baker doing on that play? 
mad.gif
 ugh
Re-signing Kerry Wood was a move i didn't approve from TheoJed....if today was any indication.....then it's gonna be a repeat of 2011

TheoJed need to do some about Kerry Woods and Carlos Marmol.Dempster pitched a great game today. I really think Dale should of left Dempster in the game.

Did you guys see the interview Walt gave about BP and a All Star game? No link.

I read that the payroll is probably going towards $100mill.. Great news.

Reds on verge of extension with Phillips
Jocketty: Deal could be done 'hopefully in the next week or so'
By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com | 04/05/12 8:45 PM ET
Comments (5)
print
CINCINNATI -- On the heels of signing Joey Votto to a mammoth contract, the Reds appear close to locking up second baseman Brandon Phillips.

Negotiations on an extension for Phillips have nearly reached the end.

"It's not done," Reds general manager Walt Jocketty said after the Reds beat the Marlins, 4-0, in Thursday's season opener. "I feel good about it. Hopefully in the next week or so we will get it done."

On Wednesday, the Reds signed Votto to a 10-year, $225 million extension that will keep the first baseman with the club through the 2023 season. There is also a $20 million option for the 2024 season.

It was a stunning development, especially because Votto had two years remaining on his existing contract. On the other hand, Phillips can be a free agent after the 2012 season.

Talks between Jocketty and Phillips' agents, the Levinson brothers, have progressed slowly since they began in September. Phillips, who is making $12.5 million this season playing out the option year of his contract, has frequently voiced his desire to remain with the Reds and his displeasure that a contract wasn't done.

But judging by Jocketty's most recent comments, Phillips will have his day pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom