2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

mike turner or dlo williams?

eli or peyton?

finley or celek?

will nicks & garcon play if neither will should boldon or A. jeffrey get the start

eli or peyton?
finley or celek?
will nicks & garcon play if neither will should boldon or A. jeffrey get the start

I don't like Dio vs Falcons plus their offense has looked erratic, Turner easily imo.

Eli is playing like the best QB in the NFL during the early stages of the season, stick with him. (still a tough schedule for Broncos)

I'd side with Finley vs Saints defense, Rodgers should put up numbers. Garcon more than likely won't play, Nicks is def playing this week...I'd go with Nicks.

eli or peyton?
finley or celek?

I don't like Dio vs Falcons plus their offense has looked erratic, Turner easily imo.

Eli is playing like the best QB in the NFL during the early stages of the season, stick with him. (still a tough schedule for Broncos)

I'd side with Finley vs Saints defense, Rodgers should put up numbers. Garcon more than likely won't play, Nicks is def playing this week...I'd go with Nicks.

so your thinking nicks over jeffrey & boldon too ......

not counting on eli going off on my eagles im starting peyton

so your thinking nicks over jeffrey & boldon too ......
not counting on eli going off on my eagles im starting peyton

Eagles defense has not been consistent as they should be, Kolb moved the chains and i don't see how Eli won't the way the Giants have been playing. Will be tough task for the Eagles, and Raiders as average as they've been, it takes Peyton a while to get going, still has difficulties throwing down the field (should improve as the season goes along esp with the easier schedule after their bye)

As for as those 3 WR's....I'd side with Nicks > Boldin >>> Jeffrey in order of output.

Last edited:
trade: my eli and dmc for rodgers and ryan williams?

my rb's are dmc, leshoure, bradshaw, fred jackson, donald brown

Last edited:
I'm trying. Waiting for something decent to be on the waiver wire bro.
Who's available now? Maybe I can help.

Seattle or Packers Defense this week?

And Greg olsen against ATL or Santonio Holmes against SF?
Definitely Seattle by far. I see New Orleans and GB getting into a shootout like last year's regular season opener.

Olsen. I don't see Sanchez coming close to Ponder's success last week against SF DEF. Holmes' quick start is a bit of a fluke in my eyes.

I got proposed Rice for Megatron

My rbs are Rice, McFadden, Spiller, Leshoure, and Andre Brown

My WRs are Nicks, Lloyd. Demayrius, Bowe, and Britt

Its not a Ppr so my rational mind says no but the Lion fan in me wants Megatron

^I'd personally stand pat, you have solid WRs as is plus Rice is guaranteed money weekly...

plus you never know when a RB will go down, never can have too many quality running backs...

Looking to trade for Alfred Morris or M.Turner.
would A.Boldin or Crabtree be a fair trade for either A Morris or Turner...
you guys think M. Bennet holds any trade value?
Morris a better trade option short-term, Burner Turner probably stronger long-term and consistent over a full 16 games.

I would try to trade Q Boldin before Crabby.

Bennett has good value for a manager desperate for a starting TE. Sell Martellus high now. Bennett and Q Boldin should get you either Morris or Turner in return with a Filler.

Thanks man...who should i drop for them though, given my roster?
Refresh my memory. Too many posts in this thread. I'll be happy to help.

Should I drop Ingram for Daniel Thomas?
I would hold off on that. I like DT but he's in a semi-crowded backfield. Reggie is confident he'll play Sunday against the Cards. Miller also a factor.

McFadden or Michael Turner this week?
DMC the easy start for me. Showed out fairly solidly against a tough Pittsburgh run defense.

i really want to start gates, but every week he make me :smh:

for some reason people dont like to pick up RB's in my league. i have ray rice also...

pick an RB (standard)
bradshaw @phi
fred jackson vs NE
mikel leshoure vs Min
I know the feeling with Gates. He's supposed to be Rivers' favorite target, but is either inconsistent or hurt battling multiple injuries.

Leshoure, Bradshaw, and Freddy in that order. Ahmad should start it seems on SNF. Freddy only has a 75% chance to play against NE.

Aight ChampCruThik I'm going to go with Ryan Williams over Trent Richardson
Hope ur right
We'll find out more tonight on TNF.

digital,
Personally I wouldn't trade Morris OR Turner for Boldin OR Crabtree.
If you're SUPER desperate for a wideout and have CRAZY depth at RB, maybe you could try to justify it but I still wouldn't do it.
Boldin has to deal with Pitta and Smith taking targets, and Crabtree gets a solid amount of targets but doesn't find the end zone a whole lot. (If its a PPR league Crab would be more attractive).
Guys,
My Tight Ends are Tamme and Witten. They WERE Tamme and Rudolph but I dropped Rudie for Witten last week and I definitely regret it :smh: .
I tried to get Rudolph back from the guy that picked him up but he doesnt want Witten to back up Jimmy Graham.
Tried to get Martellus Bennett from a guy who also has Jemichael Finley but he originally had Witten and isnt interested.
Do you guys think it's worth offering Tamme instead of Witten, for Rudolph? (Dude is a big Denver fan). Are Rudolph and/or Bennett that much of a better option than Tamme and/or Witten that I should offer a TE plus an IDP?
Yeah, Tamme for Rudolph is a fair trade proposal both ways. He may ask for a filler when negotiating. Witten and Tamme are probably better long-term options at TE than Rudolph (and definitely Bennett). Martellus is known to be inconsistent. Rudolph was my preseason TE sleeper, but Romo loves utilizing Witten and Peyton is still working out the kinks in Denver.

Burner Turner. Don't trust DeAngelo Williams in fantasy at all this year. He hasn't given us reason to.

Peyton the safe play. Eli the risky one. I'm pretty confident in Peyton exploiting Oakland's secondary.

Finley. See that huge NFC match-up being a shootout in Lambeau.

Nicks definitely has a higher chance of playing than Garcon. My information tells me Garcon will sit at least another week, while Hakeem plays Sunday night in Philly.

So I missed out on Quizz's big game last week...should I start him this week?

in a PPR league

I have

Andre Johnson

Djax

Dangelo Williams

Woodhead (in place of Spiller)

Santonio Holmes

is he worth replacing anyone?

ChampCruThik....

Need your thoughts...trade Spiller for LeShoure or hold tight? I just think when Spiller gets back he'll be sharing the backfield with ol Freddy...

I'd take Seahawks defense, as bad as the Saints are playing they will still air the ball out and score several TD's.
I'd stay away from Holmes, esp vs 49ers defense...Jets will look to run the ball a lot more and try to play a defensive game.
Listen to this man.
as for myself, not sure if I should start Vernon vs Jets defense or T Gonzalez vs Bronco's? Without Revis Jets secondary will be a bit weaker.

also picked up Andre Brown and Barden.....I would like to start Brown over either Bejarvis or Alfren Morris but can't decide between the two.
D. Jax hasn't really done must fantasy wise either, always a big play threat but never look to him for the endzone. Start Barden over him?
That's always going to be a dilemma at TE, Mez. Gonzalez is playing Carolina, I'd start him. Tony has proven me right on multiple occasions in early weeks this season. Consistent and still got excellent pass-catching skills. Jets DEF will have to rally without Revis but it wouldn't be out of the realm for them to limit VD's success.

I'd start Morris, Law Firm, and Andre Brown in that order. Bradshaw is probably the G-Men starter at RB if all goes well. Morris has less competition with injuries to Helu and Royster.

If Nicks goes which I think he will (suit up), you can't justify starting Barden over D-Jax in the first huge divisional game outside of the regular season opener.

Im going to try to get a steal. Dude in my league has MJD but only started him once so far. Hope I can persuade him to trade MJD for Matt Forte or Fred Jackson and Antonio Brown.
Whats funny is if dude played MJD last week, he would have beat me. :rolleyes
If not, I'll stay with my team. I think I got a beast of a team. Opinions?
I'd trade Freddy way before Forte, if you really wanna make a package for MJD that badly. You can certainly afford to trade pieces (depth) for a legitimate RB1 in MJD.

Your bench is stacked.

Who should I do for RB and QB?
Rivers or Dalton
Morris
leshoure
Ryan Williams
Choice is still sitting in my waiver wire too :nerd:
Rivers over Dalton for me. I believe in Phil and Jacksonville's defense is above-average.
The safest play is either Morris or Leshoure in that order, but my ranking with risk is Ry, Morris, and Leshoure.

Have some trade options available to me with Spiller getting hurt and being out at least a week, then Fred Jackson coming back need some opinions...
He's offering
LeShoure
Stephen Hill
Brandon Myers (TE Raiders)
for
Spiller and one of the following...
Martellus Bennett
D. Pitta
B. Celek
My other two backs are Shady McCoy and Michael Turner.
Out of the three TEs you listed. I'd trade Celek, Bennett, and Pitta in that order. However, no deal on that offer. Spiller has a much higher ceiling than Leshoure whether Freddy plays or not in coming weeks. C.J. has big play ability and world-class speed.

If Forte and F. Jackson are active for this week should I put them in to start?
I wouldn't start either this week, but that's just me.

for my sports betting I pick the defensive team thats gonna put up the most fantasy points.
which DEF do you guys think will score the most fantasy points this week?
I'm thinking Baltimore.

Other possible options are SF, Houston, and Arizona.

TE Help
One slot TE since im playing 3 RBs this week [1 via flex]
So i have 3 EXTREMELY SOLID TEs... Idk who to start this week/
Kyle Rudolph against DET
Martellus Bennett against PHI
Tony Gonzalez against CAR
right now i just have TonyG slotted in just for the mere fact that TonyG is a reliable TE throughout his career... but im thinking Rudolph playin DET who has given up the 2nd most points to TE this season.
Bennett , idk because PHI defense is solid but very incosistant... So Martellus has the potential to have a big game and he has had very good games all yr...
Not Bennett. Gonzalez or Rudolph. Tony is by far the safer and more consistent option based on body of work, but my gut says risk starting Rudolph against a weakened Detroit DEF. I would take the chance.

Have to go with your gut on Bennett and T Gonzalez imo....Eli looks for Bennett in the endzone but at the same time trying to establish the run game a bit more now with Bradshaw back splitting carries with Brown. Only thing I'm hesitant about is that you throw the Philly/GMEN stats out the window when they face one another, its a tough divisional matchup.
T. Gonzalez faces a weaker defensive team in Carolina, which was just picked apart by Eli last week. I would lean towards T. Gonzalez slightly.
You thinking Gonzalez or VD, what's your gut say?

Flacco tonight vs Cle or Rivers @ KC?
Usually I'd say Rivers nine out of ten times, but this could be the one anomaly. SD is coming off a shattering loss to ATL and historically plays difficultly at Arrowhead. I'm picking KC in the upset. Flowers is a lock-down corner. Berry a beast at safety. I'd give Flacco this one chance on TNF, but he is the riskier play compared to Phil. Let's see if he proves his worth and consistency through Cam's uptempo, no-huddle O.

Who should i start at the flex(non ppr league):

Ben Tate @ home vs Tenn
T. Choice @ home vs NE
Titus Young vs Min

I'm leaning towards Tate but not sure

Would you do Peyton Manning/Steve Johnson/Andre Brown for Cam Newton/Adrian Peterson?
May have to include Steve Smith instead of Stevie and Donald Brown instead of Andre.
I'm taking the Cam and AP side rather comfortably. Not even if you're the manager having to add Smitty and Donald Brown.

I need help on this trade I am considering. Here is my team...
WR - Cruz
WR - Amendola
WR - Lance Moore
WR - Denarius Moore
WR - Garcon
RB - Lynch
RB - Green-Ellis
RB - McGahee
RB - LeShoure
RB - Benson
RB - Hillis
Non-PPR league. I was considering trading Lance Moore and Benson for Kenny Britt. Should I do it?
No, Lance himself is a sleeper WR this year that is taking away from Colston's numbers and could out-perform Britt alone, without mentioning Ced as a factor.

Pick 1
Matt Ryan vs Panthers
Joe Flacco vs Browns
Jonathan Stewart @ Atlanta
Pierre Thomas @ Green Bay
I'm going P. Thomas over Stewart comfortably.

You can't sit Matty Ice with the way he's been cooking to start 2012-2013. Carolina's DEF doesn't scare me one bit. Julio, Roddy, Tony, Burner Turner. Too many weapons for the Falcons.

Need 2 of 3
Torrey Smith vs Cle
James Jones vs Saints
Danny Amendola vs Seattle
Smith is the must-start. Toss-up between Jones and Amendola. James drops too many passes and doesn't see significant targets. Amendola gets targeted often by Bradford but he's getting locked-down by Browner and Sherman. I'd say Amendola because he's shifty and can still get his in PPR formats, even if he doesn't rack up tons of yards. Like 6 catches for 57 yards.

This dude in my league dropped Aaron Hernandez :lol:......don't mind if I do. :smokin
Wonder if I should wait another week to trade Michael Bush, trade him now before Forte comes back or just keep him. If I keep him another week and he has a good performance on MNF and Garcon has a good comeback game then I could probably get a pretty nice return for them.
You're completely right to pick up Hernandez ASAP.

I'd trade Bush now in case Forte comes back and plays on Monday night.

Garcon unlikely to suit up against Tampa.

Rodgers / AJ Green / Leshoure for Cam / LeSean / Welker / Colston
All TDS 6 pts, thoughts?
My Squad
Rodgers
CJ no K
Leshoure
AJ Green
Desean
Finley
Deangelo Will
Pierre Garcon
LaFell
HIllis
Donald Brown
Edit: now it's rodgers + Leshoure + Desean for Cam + Mccoy + Colston(or Welker)
I'd do it and take Welker over Colston easily. You manage to keep A.J. Rodgers and GB's offense doesn't quite look as in sync as 2011-2012. Leshoure is a mystery week-to-week with no sample size to judge. Shady gives you a legitimate RB1 with CJ2K struggling. McCoy can be a top-5 fantasy producer. Welker yet to hit his stride either and could out-perform D-Jax easily in PPR formats.

Someone wants to trade me Antonio Gates for Celeck. Yay or Nay? Both would be a backup to Graham
Antonio Gates is the winner by a country mile. Not even close. That's selling Celek super-high on his W2 performance against Baltimore. Aberration. Won't happen again.

ChampCruThik I think I'm going to wait a week on Williams
DMC, Foster, and The Jets all didn't play too well against Miami
That Run defense is pretty solid
It's up to you, man. Always trust your gut.

Back
Top Bottom