2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Sup dudes. Fella on the left needs Rashad Jennings badly. I don't really need help at RB that badly. What's a fair trade considering MJD's injury? I need help at TE, clearly, but I also like Chicago's D.
He offered Moore thus far, but I know he'll move from that, even though I don't know dude very well.
I think D. Moore is fair, it would be nice to get more from him, but like you said your good at RB and I'm not sure who else you could get out of him, especially given that MJD is only going to be out for a few weeks.  Maybe you could try for Miles Austin?

Stafford almost lost me my match-up on Monday night until that garbage time TD.
mean.gif
  I'm losing more and more confidence in starting him with each successive week and it doesn't get any easier vs. Seattle this week.  I'm thinking of starting Ponder over him.

Been rocking with Gordon since the week he blew up, been starting him since.

Should I sit Cam this week vs Bears D? Only options I have behind him are Ponder and Sanchez.

Should I still be starting Cam Newton over Josh Freeman at this point? I sat Freeman last week and he had a way nicer game than Cam, plus the week before when Carolina was on their bye he balled out. Thankfully it didn't cost me the game last week.
Freeman's playing Min & Cam's got Chicago.

Why not swipe someone like Weeden or Palmer if they're out there and ride with them? Cam and Freeman both have crappy matchups this week.

Start Dez Bryant v Giants or Larry Fitzgerald v 49ers. My other two receivers are Josh Gordan and Jeremy Kerley who I'm actually depending on a little better. Larry not having a good QB and Dez don't get as many targets with Miles Austin out there. Suggestions?

Trade advise needed:

I give Reggie
I get Bradshaw + Nicks

Right now I'm rocking with DMC and Martin at RB, Julio and Desean at WR and Reggie at flex
After would be DMC and Bradshaw at RB, Julio and Nicks at WR and Martin at flex

The way I see it is upgrading overall but acquiring a pretty good deal of injury risk

Non-PPR, 12 team, sitting at 3-4

Thoughts?

Trade advise needed:

I give Reggie
I get Bradshaw + Nicks

Right now I'm rocking with DMC and Martin at RB, Julio and Desean at WR and Reggie at flex

The way I see it is upgrading overall but acquiring a pretty good deal of injury risk

Thoughts?

Reggie Bush ? :nerd:

Trade advise needed:

I give Reggie
I get Bradshaw + Nicks

Thoughts?

Reggie Bush ? :nerd:

I dont think it matters. There isnt a Reggie in the league I wouldnt pull that trade for. Nicks is Mannings deep threat. He is just getting back into game shape. He should be a good play from here on out. And Bradshaw is a good RB for fantasy purposes. Giants are up most games and ice away games with Bradshaw.

Guys I need some pretty quick help regarding a potentially big move -

(1 QB/ 2 WR/ 2 RB/ no flex) - I have:

QB - Vick, Flacco

RB - AP, Doug Martin, Leshoure, Spiller, Fred Jackson

WR - Cruz, Harvin, Nicks and Miles Austin

I've been trying to upgrade at QB and I trade for Matt Ryan. I tried to hit a homerun and acquire Ray Rice and Matty Ice in the same trade but the owner will ONLY do it for the following deal -

Flacco/Spiller/Cruz for Ryan/ Rice/ Dez Bryant (or Andre Johnson) .......... is that too much on my end? I'm VERY reluctant to give up Cruz, I've been trying to get him to take Nicks instead but he will not budge, Cruz has to be included. I really want Rice but not at the expense of Cruz.

He's offering as a consolation - Matty Ice for Spiller and Fred Jackson ..... I'm countering with Spiller for Ryan cause I think BOTH rb's is too much. Is Spiller for Matt Ryan straight up a fair deal considering my roster?

Start Dez Bryant v Giants or Larry Fitzgerald v 49ers. My other two receivers are Josh Gordan and Jeremy Kerley who I'm actually depending on a little better. Larry not having a good QB and Dez don't get as many targets with Miles Austin out there. Suggestions?

I would start Dez and Fitz over the other two, regardless of matchup....but I would take Fitz over Dez despite Skelton and the 9ers.

ARI should be down, and they should be throwing all game. Dez has potential for nice numbers but he also has potential to pull in 2 catches for 25 yards and no scores.

Guys I need some pretty quick help regarding a potentially big move -
(1 QB/ 2 WR/ 2 RB/ no flex) - I have:
QB - Vick, Flacco
RB - AP, Doug Martin, Leshoure, Spiller, Fred Jackson
WR - Cruz, Harvin, Nicks and Miles Austin
I've been trying to upgrade at QB and I trade for Matt Ryan. I tried to hit a homerun and acquire Ray Rice and Matty Ice in the same trade but the owner will ONLY do it for the following deal -
Flacco/Spiller/Cruz for Ryan/ Rice/ Dez Bryant (or Andre Johnson) .......... is that too much on my end? I'm VERY reluctant to give up Cruz, I've been trying to get him to take Nicks instead but he will not budge, Cruz has to be included. I really want Rice but not at the expense of Cruz.
He's offering as a consolation - Matty Ice for Spiller and Fred Jackson ..... I'm countering with Spiller for Ryan cause I think BOTH rb's is too much. Is Spiller for Matt Ryan straight up a fair deal considering my roster?
I'd definitely do that trade. Nicks is gonna be fine when he's back to 100% so I don't see a problem with giving up Cruz. Matt Ryan and Ray Rice are loads better than what you're giving up for them, and adding Andre Johnson to the equation just bolsters your team up even more. Harvin/Nicks/Austin/Johnson is a really nice receiving corps. And AP/Rice/Martin/Jackson/Leshoure is really good too.

Last edited:
Trade advise needed:
I give Reggie
I get Bradshaw + Nicks
Thoughts?

I would pull the trigger and I wouldn't think twice.

Yea Reggie can put up numbers but he too has become an injury risk and his numbers have trended downward the last few weeks. He's getting healthy, but the difference between Bradshaw and Bush isn't HUGE imo. And Nicks is a top 10 wideout when he's healthy, which he supposedly is for the first time in a while.

^ I'd do that trade (the original one). Nicks is gonna be fine when he's back to 100% so I don't see a problem with giving up Cruz. Matt Ryan and Ray Rice are loads better than what you're giving up for them, and adding Dez Bryant to the equation just bolsters your team up even more. Harvin/Nicks/Austin/Bryant is a really nice receiving corps. And AP/Rice/Martin/Jackson/Leshoure is really good too.

Thanks for the input man. I'm worried this guy may try to up the ante and want me to throw in Fred Jackson too.

You actually kind of convinced me after laying my roster out like that.

Would you guys prefer Dez or Dre Johnson in return in that trade?

Dre's been more consistent (sans the TDs, which is a problem)....Dez was coming into his own until this last week....

^ I didn't even realize you said you could have either Dez or Andre. I'd definitely take Andre over Dez. I know he's having sort of an off year but he's still one of the top 5 WRs in the league. Plus you already have Austin, so having Dez too wouldn't really be too ideal.

Last edited:
I would drop Felix and go Ballard there. That or SS. At least he's going to get the targets Cam can set and throw. I have a strong feeling that if Tanner looks good on a few carries, he'll take over a bigger role for Felix. Plus, Felix still has the sore knee/neck and you know how easily he can aggravate injuries.

Jacob Tamme or Jared Cook? It's a PPR league.

Also I need help at RB bad this week. I either start DeAngelo Williams or drop one of my bench players and pick up Daryl Richardson or Phillip Tanner. Any thoughts? Same PPR league.

I would drop Felix and go Ballard there. That or SS. At least he's going to get the targets Cam can set and throw. I have a strong feeling that if Tanner looks good on a few carries, he'll take over a bigger role for Felix. Plus, Felix still has the sore knee/neck and you know how easily he can aggravate injuries.

I'll go Ballard. Appreciate the help.

Jacob Tamme or Jared Cook? It's a PPR league.
Also I need help at RB bad this week. I either start DeAngelo Williams or drop one of my bench players and pick up Daryl Richardson or Phillip Tanner. Any thoughts? Same PPR league.

I'd go Tamme, they're going to be going back in forth in that game and I think him and Dreesen are going to get their play esp in PPR.

I wouldn't start Williams at all esp with Stewart supposedly getting the better percentage of carries. And like I said before, I think Tanner is going to get more carries this week if he shows something the first few carries. Richardson is splitting carries, no? I think either one of them would be great pick ups.

Anytime, bball :pimp:

I never understood why people avoided having 2 players from the same team. I made a killing off Driver/Jennings combo a few years back, as well as Wayne/Collie. If it's a pass happy offense and they're talented, I love the idea. You're basically doubling your chances that one of your players goes off.

I'd take Dez over Andre all day. Texans run the ball more than any other team and Dez is clearly Romo's #1 target at this point.

I'd go Tamme, they're going to be going back in forth in that game and I think him and Dreesen are going to get their play esp in PPR.
I wouldn't start Williams at all esp with Stewart supposedly getting the better percentage of carries. And like I said before, I think Tanner is going to get more carries this week if he shows something the first few carries. Richardson is splitting carries, no? I think either one of them would be great pick ups.
Anytime, bball :pimp:

Thanks for the insight. In the league I'm in it's $5 per pickup so I have to make sure these guys are worthwhile which is why I asked even considering DeAngelo. He has been so awful this year lol. I think I'm gonna go Tanner, feel that he's gonna get more love as well.

should i stick with DMC this week? Also, should i start COBB over Bowe? With jordy's hamstring issue, i think Cobb could have another big game.

Back
Top Bottom