2012 Secret Santa Thread: Master lists posted PG1

Yes do it....it was fun...I hope I get someone who will appreciate the gift...

Cinco....I think this Santa should be limited to regular posters in the forum, no lurked no matter what their join date is, allow only users who obviously take pride in their username, I have a feeling that's the only way we will avoid deadbeats....I'm not talking a bunch of FutureMD type of posters but at least dudes who's names we can remember.

Do I fit the bill for these standards?

I'm in if there are some requirements for people to be santas like people have said before me...

One idea would be for a 1,000 minimum post requirement... as well as someone who has posted at least 50 posts within the last month. (thats not that much, but enough to be an active current member)...

We can't risk people who aren't even on NT these days anymore just joining the secret santa to take gifts from everyone then leave without giving anything back... most scumbag thing anyone can ever do, and unfortunately there ARE people out there who will do that. :smh:

I would like to participate but my fear of sending a gift that someone wouldn't like is making me weary.

I'll check this thread out later to see if it's going down before sending out a PM.

i'd be down if this goes through, but don't know if i'll necessarily meet the post requirements and whatnot if you have them...had to make a new username after my cousin found me posting on here last year and made fun of me :lol:

Last edited:
I would like to participate but my fear of sending a gift that someone wouldn't like is making me weary.

Have no fear....I think the majority of folks will appreciate the thought and gesture.

Don't let fear limit you or prevent you in participating in something potentially fun.

SEND PM TO CINCO INSTEAD OF SAYING "I'M IN".

PM SENT. So sad to see some people take advantage of this great idea. I hope we get no deadbeats this year.

I spent like $60 on my elf last year. He gave me a piss poor description of his interests so I just got him a grip of things. Not sure if I'm down for it this year, I'm gonna be pretty busy and I don't wanna get dead beat status

I agree. Not sure how I feel about the 50 posts a month thing.. some of us have jobs so it gets hard to post frequently

Stop it, I have 2 jobs and a business, I'm still a frequent user, these type of things bring out a lot of dudes who never post, hell the deadbeat I got barely posted prior and never posted after....what do they care if they are labeled a deadbeat?....so there you have it Cinco....that's my suggestion and probably the only way if feel comfortable participating....let it be exclusive to users who are frequent posters....if not I'm ok just participating in the Dressing better SS we are working on.

I'm in!

But is it ok if I just send something via Amazon :lol:
That's what my SS did two years ago. I'll post pics when I'm on the laptop.

Edit:

And my gift from last year:

Last edited:
A little note for the deadbeats ...

I know who you are. I don't know why you didn't send your gift. If you are looking for a better gift, I can tell you I don't have a better gift. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you send my gift now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

PM sent

I don't post much so I'm not sure if I were to meet the requirements. I do agree that we should have some kind of system to try and filter out would-be deadbeats...I'm sure we can come up with something in the next few weeks though.

A little note for the deadbeats ...
I know who you are. I don't know why you didn't send your gift. If you are looking for a better gift, I can tell you I don't have a better gift. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you send my gift now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

:lol: Taken will be on the top of my wish list if it's going down :nerd: :pimp:

If you don't have the time to make a simple couple of posts a day or two, why would anyone think you have the time to go out your way to cop some stranger a gift?....just think about it.

I'm definitely interested in participating again this year - my santa was clutch and i think i put a smile on my elf's face - but I just don't post like I used to. I'll keep an eye out and participate if you have folk grandfathered in of whatever.

Back
Top Bottom