2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

-Via Speedhunters
Is the wait finally over? We've known the pricing for the Toyota 86 in many parts of the world for a while now, and it looks like pricing info for the USDM Scion FR-S has surfaced. According to info posted on FT86 Club, the FR-S with a six speed manual trans will go for $24,200 + destination charges (roughly $1000 or so). The automatic version will set buyers back $25,300 + destination. Pricing info for this car has been highly anticipated, so we are curious to know what you guys think. How many of our US-based readers will be ready to pick one up when they hit dealers? How about readers in other countries? How many are holding out for Subaru BRZ pricing? Sound off below. -Mike Garrett...

-Via Speedhunters
Is the wait finally over? We've known the pricing for the Toyota 86 in many parts of the world for a while now, and it looks like pricing info for the USDM Scion FR-S has surfaced. According to info posted on FT86 Club, the FR-S with a six speed manual trans will go for $24,200 + destination charges (roughly $1000 or so). The automatic version will set buyers back $25,300 + destination. Pricing info for this car has been highly anticipated, so we are curious to know what you guys think. How many of our US-based readers will be ready to pick one up when they hit dealers? How about readers in other countries? How many are holding out for Subaru BRZ pricing? Sound off below. -Mike Garrett...

Scion.com
ajlz4y.png

Looks identical to the genesis coupe. Also, I'd much rather drive it with Toyo or Subaru badges, Scion makes it seem like it's for teenieboppers.

Looks identical to the genesis coupe. Also, I'd much rather drive it with Toyo or Subaru badges, Scion makes it seem like it's for teenieboppers.

^ Silly question but I am not car expert. Can one change the badge? Or remove it completely? I've seen a few cars "badge less" and I've always wondered how they did it...Anybody care to elaborate?

^ Silly question but I am not car expert. Can one change the badge? Or remove it completely? I've seen a few cars "badge less" and I've always wondered how they did it...Anybody care to elaborate?

The back seems easy to debadge and it'll look clean but the front/hood looks easy to remove too but might look awkward without an emblem on the rounded point in the hood design. I'd debadge and replace the front with a Toyota emblem though.

The back seems easy to debadge and it'll look clean but the front/hood looks easy to remove too but might look awkward without an emblem on the rounded point in the hood design. I'd debadge and replace the front with a Toyota emblem though.

badges are held on with doubled sided tape. most people use floss to remove them without harming the paint. Some cars have holes for easier mounting so you would have to get those welded up

badges are held on with doubled sided tape. most people use floss to remove them without harming the paint. Some cars have holes for easier mounting so you would have to get those welded up

Autoblog has pics of the Scion version, identical to the Toyota version, meh.

I got a new job, in the market for a new car and I was looking at this, but the low HP/TRQ numbers got me now leaning towards a Altima Coupe.

I got a new job, in the market for a new car and I was looking at this, but the low HP/TRQ numbers got me now leaning towards a Altima Coupe.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I'd test drive it first before making a decision. Plus the current Altima will be outdated once the new ones are revealed next month.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I'd test drive it first before making a decision. Plus the current Altima will be outdated once the new ones are revealed next month.

Via Autoblog
The 2013 Subaru BRZ is "one of the most rewarding cars we've ever driven" says Edmunds after subjecting the new coupe to some track time. This, despite having a 0-60 time that rivals that of some minivans – 7.3 seconds. Inside Line says those numbers are mostly due to an overactive rev limiter that forces a third-gear shift at 59.2 mph. We bet that's an early tuner fix. Also likely to be improved with an aftermarket reflash is the 15.3-second quarter-mile time

Meh.

I was expecting mid to high 6s, preferable mid 6s. That reflash is soley needed, no reason why this car couldn't do 60mph by 2nd gear.

Via Autoblog
The 2013 Subaru BRZ is "one of the most rewarding cars we've ever driven" says Edmunds after subjecting the new coupe to some track time. This, despite having a 0-60 time that rivals that of some minivans – 7.3 seconds. Inside Line says those numbers are mostly due to an overactive rev limiter that forces a third-gear shift at 59.2 mph. We bet that's an early tuner fix. Also likely to be improved with an aftermarket reflash is the 15.3-second quarter-mile time

Meh.

I was expecting mid to high 6s, preferable mid 6s. That reflash is soley needed, no reason why this car couldn't do 60mph by 2nd gear.

Back
Top Bottom