2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's #32 on the scoring list. Literally every player in the top 40 is either in the hall or will be when they're eligible

And Antawn Jamison is #39.

Only 15 players have 22k points, 5k boards, and 4k assists and Vince is one of them. He'll eventually be in the HOF whether you guys like it or not.

I don't doubt he will most likely be inducted. But I don't think he rightfully deserves so at this point, given these young and current stars who are going to excel and surpass what he has accomplished career-wise.

He was a great shooter/clutch, but his handles were atrocious & he couldnt get his own shot on a consistent basis also he was a avg defender & im being respectful on that one

He wasn't a player with a ton of dimensions. But he made it work.

He's #32 on the scoring list. Literally every player in the top 40 is either in the hall or will be when they're eligible

But isn't Vince exceptional for how many meaningless points he scored?
I wouldn't say so. He got to the 2nd/3rd round numerous times as the #1 option. Also hit several game winners.

His career points boards & assists also put him in a pretty small group, he's in.

This dude Rubio can't shoot at ALL lol.. and people give John Wall flack
mean.gif
yeah damn i laugh at rubios shootin style , 0 curve and he throws the ball like he has no strength , overrated player

Blake and K love are having a nice lil duel right now.

Rubio is probably the worst shooter from the Pg position I've ever seen. He's great at everything else other than shooting though.

these refs mann ... I understand he's Matt Barnes but damn ... it was obviously a play on the ball .

WOW Matt Barnes ejected because of his reputation.. terrible call
not torrible at all , he deserved it , he is a dirty prick doing hard fouls without reason , he should have learnt a lesson by now for all the times he s got ejected

Crawford :wow: :rofl: :rofl:

WOW Matt Barnes ejected because of his reputation.. terrible call
not torrible at all , he deserved it , he is a dirty prick doing hard fouls without reason , he should have learnt a lesson by now for all the times he s got ejected
It was a bit excessive but he was clearly going for the ball.. not like he purposely tried to hit dude

I bet anything that call gets downgraded when the league reviews it. Terrible :smh:

Last edited:
Blake and K love are having a nice lil duel right now.

Rubio is probably the worst shooter from the Pg position I've ever seen. He's great at everything else other than shooting though.
I look at Rubio like a Rondo lite so far. Even though Rubio does other things well, it isn't quite to the level where he can carry a team like I've seen Rondo do.

Barnes shouldn't have been ejected, but deserved a flagrant 1 for sure. NBA being soft strikes again.

naw mann he shouldn't have been kicked out . if it was anyone else in a clipper uniform flagrant one fursure .

For the record, I don't think VC is HoF material. And I'm not discounting his talent, especially his dunking abilities. There's a plethora of skilled players who thrive in specific departments, but there's no category for leading dunks of all time as contrary to leading 3 point of all time (Reggie, at that time now dethroned by Shuttleworth).

Yup I said this last year.

Its actually kinda comical that he's going to get in.

Last edited:
Woops, forgot that Philly faced MIlwaukee in the ECFs that year, but he made the 2nd round once in Toronto, twice in Jersey.

I'm not sure I would call him the #1 option in Jersey, though he did lead the team in scoring. That was Kidd's team completely and had gone to the finals before Carter got there.

Woops, forgot that Philly faced MIlwaukee in the ECFs that year, but he made the 2nd round once in Toronto, twice in Jersey.

I'm not sure I would call him the #1 option in Jersey
Dude was dropping 25 a night & wasn't the #1 option? :lol: He avg'd 27 when he first got there in '05 to drag them to the playoffs. whenever they needed a bucket they went to him. It certainly wasn't solely Kidd's team.

Last edited:
I don't care what people say about Love not winning he is a damb animal. Tough to say if he's better than Aldridge or Griffin but I'd take him out of the three. Love how he doesn't mind getting down and dirty, yet has three point range

Last edited:
It's funny you posted this, cause the day the Rockets let their trade date pass, I essentialed Asik and Lin for DWill and it actually worked :lol:
If the Nets trade D-Will it must be for lottery picks.  For a first rounder this year and next I have to consider it.

For Asik and Lin would be idiotic.

Oh most def. They could actually use Asik since Lopez is gone for the year, but even with the construction of that roster beforehand, their not competing now nor for the future. They need all types of help.

Dude was dropping 25 a night & wasn't the #1 option? :lol: He avg'd 27 when he first got there in '05 to drag them to the playoffs. whenever they needed a bucket they went to him. It certainly wasn't solely Kidd's team.

Vince played very well for the Nets, especially statistically. But it was absolutely Kidd's team, and it's interesting to consider that they never went further with Vince than they did without him.

And they traded him for Courtney Lee, so that was how they saw his value.

Last edited:
But it was absolutely Kidd's team

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

and it's interesting to consider that they never went further with Vince than they did without him.

Could attribute that to having to play against Wade/Shaq & then Lebron's Cavs, both of whom were significantly better than the PP/Toine C's or the pre-Sheed/Tay Pistons.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
Could attribute that to having to play against Wade/Shaq & then Lebron's Cavs, both of whom were significantly better than the PP/Toine C's or the pre-Sheed/Tay Pistons.
mean.gif
  those years when the Nets made the finals were truly a wasteland in the East.

And they traded him for Courtney Lee, so that was how they saw his value.
His scoring had declined by over 5 ppg & he was on the wrong side of 30 & Courtney Lee, a rookie, showed promise during Orlando's playoff run. I'm not seeing the issue here. They were also clearing room to sign Lebron & others in his free-agency class.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom