2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
They shouldn't have a team. NBA players can go to Magic City, the Cheetah, Follies, etc. in the off season and/or those ******* can just transfer to King of Diamonds in Miami or Onyx in Houston

Disagree, I think Westbrook/Iverson/Isiah/Wade guarantees you a chance at the Playoffs and gives you an elite offensive threat.

I agree. And what's crazy is that LAL didn't draft Kobe or Shaq. I always said Shaq was going to sign to LA regardless. The rap career was booming, he was acting, they offered him a load of money, LAL had some talent, he was coming there with or without Kobe.

In hindsight, obviously it was a great deal to trade for Kobe but that trade to me, if I was 21 in 96', would have been the dumbest trade ever :lol: a 17 year old 2 guard? From High School? Wow. West hit the jackpot with Kobe and I honestly don't know who would have done that deal. Incredibly risky. But that's what makes great people great at what they do, risktakers. And even so, without the O'neal signing LAL would have continued to be mediocre. The cornerstones of the Laker franchise since 2000 weren't even drafted by them.
Chances make champions

some those guys have to be in the right system for them to have that type of impact.

but basically if you had garbage a healthy wade can get you to the playoffs, if you have chris paul you WILL have an elite end of game offense it doesn't matter who's on the team, Barkely will give you so many extra possessions, that your offense can't stink, hakeem was so mobile and such a stout rim defender your teams going to defend even if you have a bunch of stiffs. ect ect

Westbrook/iverson/isiah guarantees you nothing.

Iverson got to the Finals with a garbage team

I don't feel like looking up Isiah's supporting cast from the early 1980s plus the Super Bowl is on

Maybe we can revisit this later

Westbrook is the top shot creator over the last 2-3 seasons though. His impact isn't going to quantify as well in spreadsheets, antonymous to guys like Conley and Calderon, who all those advanced stats love. KD benig on this amazing run right now already has pundits back on the "Westbrook holds KD back" train, even though just a few months ago, they were off that train and on the "Westbrook is the real Batman of the team," train when KD couldn't score on Memphis in the 4th quarter. Now we got people calling into the show proposing dumb *** trades and ****. It's hilarious. KD isn't going to average 40ppg on like 70%TS and 30% usage in the playoffs without Westbrook, as much as people would like to believe it.

Last edited:

I don't feel like looking up Isiah's supporting cast from the early 1980s plus the Super Bowl is on

NO HE DIDN'T

this is one of the biggest NBA myths, that was the only type of team that could succeed with allen iverson as the best player, they had elite defenders at every position, Eric Snow who coul gaurd 2's but but play point, all world defender Dikembe Mutumbo, whit is the only way you WIN with AI, he cannbalizes way to much of the offense to have another high volume scorer.

Westbrook is the top shot creator over the last 2-3 seasons though. His impact isn't going to quantify as well in spreadsheets, antonymous to guys like Conley and Calderon, who all those advanced stats love. KD benig on this amazing run right now already has pundits back on the "Westbrook holds KD back" train, even though just a few months ago, they were off that train and on the "Westbrook is the real Batman of the team," train when KD couldn't score on Memphis in the 4th quarter. Now we got people calling into the show proposing dumb *** trades and ****. It's hilarious. KD isn't going to average 40ppg on like 70%TS and 30% usage in the playoffs without Westbrook, as much as people would like to believe it.

its irrelevant to the discussion westbrook isn't the type of player I'm talking about and you know it.

he's great, he's not KD, Lebron CP3.

you NEED an elite defense to make the finals when your best player averages 30 shots per game while shooting 39% in the playoffs

Philly had one of the best defenses in the world. If they had a legit second option, they would ahve won the finals.

Philly had one of the best defenses in the world. If they had a legit second option, they would ahve won the finals.
roll.gif

NO HE DIDN'T

this is one of the biggest NBA myths, that was the only type of team that could succeed with allen iverson as the best player, they had elite defenders at every position, Eric Snow who coul gaurd 2's but but play point, all world defender Dikembe Mutumbo, whit is the only way you WIN with AI, he cannbalizes way to much of the offense to have another high volume scorer.

The 2001 76ers were one of the worst NBA Finals team ever.

Shaq's three peat numbers are comedic.

Which is why this once every few months Kobe was 1b **** is so :lol:

Shaq dominated Greg Oden when he was in Phoenix. This conversation is moot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom