2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
27/6/6 is not vintage Kobe? Man what are you even talking about
laugh.gif
because stats mean everything right?

watch games from 2007-2008 (real vintage Kobe) and go watch some games from last season and tell me what you see. 

kobe is done, with nash not retiring no matter who they get the team will suck. and kobe isn't healthy/young enough to carry a team like he did last year (a team with less talent and cohesion)

when chalmers gave blake an elbow to the throat....i was hoping blake would rock that *** sooo bad

kobe's contract was a bad business decision. the fact that no negotiations were made already tells you who is at fault. kobe absolutely deserves that money for what he has done, but from a business standpoint, you do not offer 40% of your cap just like that.

because stats mean everything right?

watch games from 2007-2008 (real vintage Kobe) and go watch some games from last season and tell me what you see. 

Except Kobe had the exact same stats and was playing with Pau/Bynum/Prime Odom and a still capable Derek Fisher with Phil coaching

Just stop man :lol:

Kobe's contract is an outright abortion, there is literally NO reason he should have got that outside paying for former services, not future services.

Not to even begin the point was he was injured, and not even jogging yet when he signed it. It's one thing to give it to him after he comes back and you're a little more sure he's going to be ok, but to give it to him before that even takes place is beyond stupid.

I don't care what he's done the past 17 years, I care about the 2 they now owe him that he may never be able to play thru.

It was a horrible contract, and the Lakers should absolutely be shamed for doing so.

Except Kobe had the exact same stats and was playing with Pau/Bynum/Prime Odom and a still capable Derek Fisher with Phil coaching

Just stop man
laugh.gif
you are a clear delusional Kobe stan.

Go and watch the games and tell me what you see.
Is a 3rd year Lebron James better than any Lebron you ever seen because he put up better stats that one season?

Kobe's contract is an outright abortion, there is literally NO reason he should have got that outside paying for former services, not future services.

Not to even begin the point was he was injured, and not even jogging yet when he signed it. It's one thing to give it to him after he comes back and you're a little more sure he's going to be ok, but to give it to him before that even takes place is beyond stupid.

I don't care what he's done the past 17 years, I care about the 2 they now owe him that he may never be able to play thru.

It was a horrible contract, and the Lakers should absolutely be shamed for doing so.

oh yes, they got robbed. why would they pay him so much (when he aint going anywhere else) and eats up so much of the salary cap. guess $$ is most important for kobe in his last 2 season.

kobe's contract was a bad business decision. the fact that no negotiations were made already tells you who is at fault. kobe absolutely deserves that money for what he has done, but from a business standpoint, you do not offer 40% of your cap just like that.

All of this.

It's mind blowing that not even an attempt to negotiation was made. Mitch and Jim should get the blame.

No agent is going to allow their client to say no to that offer if it's on the table.

you are a clear delusional Kobe stan.

Go and watch the games and tell me what you see.

Is a 3rd year Lebron James better than any Lebron you ever seen because he put up better stats that one season?

Kobe isn't even my favorite player :lol:

He was more athletic in his late 20's than his 30's wow what a shocker, his efficiency was the same and that's what it comes down too.

Bron has never been more effecient than he is now, your arguments are terrible :lol:

oh yes, they got robbed. why would they pay him so much (when he aint going anywhere else) and eats up so much of the salary cap. guess $$ is most important for kobe in his last 2 season.

Maybe it is. Maybe it's not.

What's it to us if it is?

You gonna sit there and deny 48 million dollars if it's being handed to you? You gonna say "nah give me half I wanna prove to NT fans I care more about winning?"

Oh. Yeah. You would realistically do that :lol:

The dudes wife was inches from stripping 150
Million from his bank account and you blame him for taking what he can get? She can still leave him tomorrow and take half. Think about it bro, it's not as black and white as you think.

It's awful for the team. It's awful for basketball reasons. I hate it. I do. It should NEVER have been offered. There should of been a negotiation.

But how are you going to judge a grown man who accepts such a large offer when he's made that franchise billions? If you felt that you were making your company billions would you say no to a big contract raise for the better of the company? Just think about it.

You got a wife and kids. Who will someday have grand kids. You not thinkin about their future? You gonna tell your boss "nah keep the money I got enough but thanks" ???? :lol:

Okay

Last edited:
Like I've said the past few pages, my point was that It's about the Lakers, not Kobe. At the end of the day, whatever Kobe has done for the franchise does not dismiss the fact that Kobe's on his way out, and eventually will have to retire at some point :lol:

With that, you have to make decisions based on what helps the team be better, what helps make the Lakers into contenders, not compensating Kobe. Kobe is not bigger than the Lakers.

Besides, if Kobe and the Lakers are serious about winning titles again asap, then one would think they could collaborate and both parties could come together to find a happy medium that allows for the Lakers to be more flexible in regards to building a finer product. It's that simple.

Maybe it is. Maybe it's not.

What's it to us if it is?

You gonna sit there and deny 48 million dollars if it's being handed to you? You gonna say "nah give me half I wanna prove to NT fans I care more about winning?"

Oh. Yeah. You would realistically do that :lol:

It's awful for the team. It's awful for basketball reasons. I hate it. I do. It should NEVER have been offered. There should of been a negotiation.

But how are you going to judge a grown man who accepts such a large offer when he's made that franchise billions? If you felt that you were making your billions would you say no to a big contract raise for the better of the company? Just think about it.

brah are you serious?

kobe is the one guy of any that should take less money for a better chance to win

hes got birdman bankroll........
he is self proclaimed most competitive player ever always wants to win will do anything to win...he can tie mj with 6 rings...come on B!

Yes Kobe should take less because us broke dudes tell him he should.

Remind me to take less to please keyboard GM's on NT when I'm successful in 5 years, it would really make a difference.

Do you not get that I hate the contract? It ruins my teams chances of succeeding in the near future. I HATE the contract.

I just can't hate a man for taking an offer like that made by 2 idiots when he has kids and grand kids to think of.

You think these owners aren't rich enough? Why don't you tell Jim Buss to give half of the lakers revenue to charity? Why don't you tell Jim to give his salary to the poor homeless people of LA? Shoot, he makes enough.
Stop being selfish Jim! Give up some of your billions.

Point is. Yeah it's ******ed for Kobe to take that deal if he cares about winning and as a fan I definitely don't appreciate what it does for our team next year.

But as a human being how the hell can you be mad at someone for taking millions that are offered to him when he's made his company billions? :lol:

nahhh B i dont hate kobe!!!!!!!!! thats my guy.

i think its just very obvious that IF HE CARED about winning above all, and his legacy, he MIGHT HAVE taken maybe 18 mil, or 16...

i do question what he values more......i mean lebron isnt the highest paid on HIS OWN TEAM and hes been the best player on the planet.

Kobe wants more than just that 6th ring. He wants to own a team. He wants his kids to be rich. If he already has enough for that, he wants his grandkids to be rich.

Here's the Thing Say you and Kobe don't come to an agreement and he leaves and you have all of this cap space what do you sell your fanbase on? what do you sell other FA on? where is the hope for LA after this season if Kobe goes to another squad. People are looking at this as purely a basketball point and NOT a business.

Kobe is still top 2 most popular players in the world.... he's still commands the respect and expectations of greatness from players around the league. That is why the Lakers are willing to go and give him that money.

We weren't getting Lebron this summer.... And we still have a chance at Melo this year ESPECIALLY if Dantoni is gone. So even with all that cap the Lakers weren't putting themselves in the greatest of positions regardless. This team wasn't building a championship contender without Kobe being here and you know that. It's only two more years of that contract.... and while he's on that contract they can use him to lure another superstar in, and wait one more year to fully test FA where real game changers will be available.

Kobe got 5 rings that's good enough, if I was him I'd be tryna cash that check, **** I woulda took the 32 mill per.

:lol:

im not mad at kobe for taking the money. im just saying if he wants to play it that way, i think management should have also. do whats in their best interest and not kobes?

Last edited:
Yeah I gotchu , as a fan I'm frustrated.

I definitely was surprised by those numbers it's quite horrific like CP says.

I'm still disappointed in him as a Laker fan.
But the other side of me whose struggling to pay back these student loans and is living paycheck to paycheck realizes life is all about taking what you can get. Companies made millions off of us. I'm a pawn right now, word to The Wire.

So economically it makes sense why Kobe wouldn't say no to that offer. Life is short if you can get paid even if you're already rich keep getting paid. Taxes are huge in Cali,
Kids and grand kids are in our futures.
How can we ever say that we wouldn't take the money if we were in his shoes? You know?

But yeah as a basketball fan it's definitely a disheartening contract so I agree with you. If he cared about his 6th ring as much as we might of thought he could of taken less.

But the main problem is less wasn't even offered :smh:

That's why
Mitch and Jim are the biggest idiots in the universe :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom